Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mazda CX-5 Urgent Problem

Old 06-06-19, 01:54 AM
tutu11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mazda CX-5 Urgent Problem

Hey guys, I have a problem with the new mazda cx-5 awd 2019 I bought a few weeks ago!

When I turn on the car and start driving,
there is a strong sense of gas smell and it smells way too much that it's hard for me to drive the car.

Also, the rpm sometimes shoots up for no reason, even when I'm not putting my foot on the gas pedal.

Any solutions?

Old 06-06-19, 02:53 AM
mbarron37
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tutu11 View Post
Hey guys, I have a problem with the new mazda cx-5 awd 2019 I bought a few weeks ago!

there is a strong sense of gas smell and it smells way too much that it's hard for me to drive the car.

Also, the rpm sometimes shoots up for no reason, even when I'm not putting my foot on the gas pedal.

Any solutions?
Bring it to the dealer. Brand new car under warranty, so why waste time guessing what the problem might be.
Old 06-06-19, 05:16 AM
Mike728
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 140 Posts

You brought this up 2x in the Mazda forum already. Not sure why you think a Lexus site will tell you something different. Maybe you'll respond better to people's recommendations here?

Other forum: you said the dealer couldn't find a leak, but never said if they could smell gas. If the smell is as obvious as you say, how could they deny it? Are you sure it's not just some form of new car smell and not actual gas?
Old 06-06-19, 05:29 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts

Some CX-5s have had problems with fuel leaks around the Evaporative Control system for the fuel tank, although that will often trigger a Check Engine light and/or or trouble-code in the computer. Have the Technicians in the shop check for a code.

https://www.700r4transmissionhq.com/p0456-mazda-cx-5/

As for the RPM-jumps for no apparent reason, that could (?) be any one of a number of things, but probably most likely a problem in the Throttle-by-Wire system or in the TPS (Throttle-Position-Sensor).
Old 06-06-19, 06:48 AM
sm1ke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mbarron37 View Post
Bring it to the dealer. Brand new car under warranty, so why waste time guessing what the problem might be.
Just to add, since OP has also posted about this twice on a different forum (first about 3 weeks ago, and again a few days ago).

If your original dealer is unwilling to troubleshoot, find another dealer and/or contact Mazda Corporate and escalate the issue. Do not drive the car in the meantime, especially if it affects your ability to drive.
Old 06-06-19, 08:46 AM
Oleg400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tutu11 View Post

Any solutions?
Buy a new car?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mazda CX-5 Urgent Problem

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: