Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What Makes Lexus Interior Design Stand Out

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-19, 05:49 PM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default What Makes Lexus Interior Design Stand Out

What Makes Lexus Interior Design Stand Out
By Pouria

Here are 6 ways Lexus interior design is superior.

Old 03-15-19, 05:01 AM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

I don't know exactly. But when I'm sitting in their interior, I find them dated, and in the same time, futuristic. And comfy... all at once. I didn't found this in other cars.
For the older Lexuses, I also found the materials to be of very high grade. With actual wood, actual metal and thick plastics beeing used. Those are things I look at and like when I'm buying a car.
Old 03-21-19, 11:19 AM
AlexNY
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

ummmmm, what???????

Mercedes benz in regards to this article: "hold my beer"

Benz interior makes lexus look like made in china garbage.
Old 03-21-19, 12:49 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexNY
ummmmm, what???????

i think that's a gross exaggeration and not correct across the whole product line.

while to you an s-class may beat a lexus ls, i sure don't think a mercedes a or b class interior is much to brag about.
Old 03-21-19, 01:16 PM
axel04
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LS interior is the most modern intirior without being gimmicky. The old thing S class intirior is good at is looking thick. Just because something looks thick doesn't mean it the best. Lexus would design the perfectly shaped seat without glamorizing its looks like the Germans. I think the back seat and that area of the back seat of the LS500 is the best it not unnecessary thick it just perfect
Old 03-21-19, 01:44 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by axel04
LS interior is the most modern intirior without being gimmicky. The old thing S class intirior is good at is looking thick. Just because something looks thick doesn't mean it the best. Lexus would design the perfectly shaped seat without glamorizing its looks like the Germans. I think the back seat and that area of the back seat of the LS500 is the best it not unnecessary thick it just perfect
LS interior not gimmicky? what about the kiriko glass? i really like the ls interior, but paying 23k for that glass and other items would not be for me even if i had no issue spending that kind of money.
Old 03-21-19, 01:53 PM
Kense
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexNY
ummmmm, what???????

The E63 AMG interior is one of the nicest out there.
Old 03-21-19, 02:20 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,503 Likes on 1,804 Posts

I mean really, what makes them stand out, IMHO, is two things: the unique styling approach taken on many of their vehicles, and the seating. When inside a Lexus, you probably wouldn't mistake it for anything else, for the most part. I think some of their vehicles, particularly the SUVs, share quite a bit with Toyota products, but most of them have a distinctly Lexus theme. It's that retro-futuristic thing that was mentioned above (not in so many words obviously). With the seating, they basically don't make uncomfortable seats, as far as the models I've sampled have gone. Even the sportier seats in my IS are good for 4-hours' worth of driving (which I've done a few times now).

Ergonomics is a wash. Usually it's easy to find what you need, unless what you need is in the infotainment. I do wish the touchpad was a bit more precise - maybe less-twitchy. But overall, I do like their interiors. Maybe not as much as Mercedes or Audi, but they are good in a different way.
Old 03-21-19, 08:11 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Lexus still makes nice interiors and this is more about the design, but yes. The designs are pretty good. They are unique. I always liked my CT design and the new interiors are definitely more interesting than before. I do not really like the Lexus LS gauge cluster for some reason, I feel it works better on the UX, and ES. I do like how Lexus is offering lots of choice among the interior colours and materials. The regular and F sport models have two different seats and leathers, very nice touches.
Old 03-22-19, 01:19 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I'm okay with most Lexus interiors these days, but I think their apex was years ago with the ES300 and first SC. I rather take the clean, symmetric approach over today's glitz. The "guitar strings" strewn across the current LS does not rub me right, nor does the blocky, retro dashes of all new Mercedes. Opinions will vary.