Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2019 Genesis G70

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-18, 12:25 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Did you get a sense of pricing?

I might have to go check it out next time I'm in Mississauga and see it up close, but from what I can tell from pics on the web and yours, the interior parts bin sharing with the Stinger is apparent:
- Gauge cluster
- HUD
- wiper/light control stalks
- secondary lower dash buttons and hood latch
- steering wheel paddle shifters
- steering column cover and tilt button
- cup holders
- NAV screen and software
- USB, charging port, and wireless charging pad
- aluminum pedals
- front seat controls and seat shape
- seat back/netting
No. didn’t ask about pricing. I try to stay incognito unless I want to test drive a car. One thing I should of done but didn’t was check the door jam and see what it said.
Old 01-27-18, 02:26 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

The pricing on The G70 will pretty much parallel the Stinger. Low 30's base and low 50's loaded. With the G80 Sport at $55k, thay can't go much higher. I did see on one of KIA's web pages the mention that a 6 speed manual transmission will be an option. Probably just for the 4 cyl. since Hyundai/KIA don't have a manual transmission for anything near the torque of the TTV-6.

Last edited by oldcajun; 01-27-18 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-27-18, 02:56 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by oldcajun
The pricing on The G70 will pretty much parallel the Stinger. Low 30's base and low 50's loaded. With the G80 Sport at $55k, thay can't go much higher. I did see on one of KIA's weg pages the mention that a 6 speed manual transmission will be an option. Probably just for the 4 cyl. since Hyundai/KIA don't have a manual transmission for anything near the torque of the TTV-6.
While looking at the Chicago Auto Show home page it noticed that the G70 will be there. I'm anxious to see it in person. It will probably be up on a pedestal but maybe they'll have some pricing information on the nearby signs etc.
Old 01-27-18, 03:01 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
While looking at the Chicago Auto Show home page it noticed that the G70 will be there. I'm anxious to see it in person. It will probably be up on a pedestal but maybe they'll have some pricing information on the nearby signs etc.
If Jill saw one at the mall that's opened, it would be kind of surprising if they didn't have one at the auto show you could sit in.
Old 02-12-18, 03:33 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

At the mall again today and right now actually. They will not let you sit in the G70 going forward. Perhaps it is destined for the auto show.

Asked about pricing. They informed me that it will be low 40s to high 50s, this would be in Canadian Dollars. Available March 31st (Guaranteed) as long you leave a deposit. Otherwise you may have to wait until summer as availability opens up.

Salesperson mentions that all Canadian models will be AWD and a 4 cylinder is available.

Old 02-13-18, 04:34 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
At the mall again today and right now actually. They will not let you sit in the G70 going forward. Perhaps it is destined for the auto show.

Asked about pricing. They informed me that it will be low 40s to high 50s, this would be in Canadian Dollars. Available March 31st (Guaranteed) as long you leave a deposit. Otherwise you may have to wait until summer as availability opens up.

Salesperson mentions that all Canadian models will be AWD and a 4 cylinder is available.

Great to finally get some ballpark numbers. Exactly what I expected for the 2.0T but high 50s is 2-3K more than what I expected for a loaded 3.3T AWD. That would be about 8K more than a similarly loaded Stinger GT Limited AWD which pays for the "free" maintenance/home service and badge.
Old 02-13-18, 04:55 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill

Unfortunately, they did not have one at the Philly Auto Show.
Old 02-13-18, 05:06 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex2670
Unfortunately, they did not have one at the Philly Auto Show.
Strange. The reviews see to be embargoed as well. Car is coming out in 60 days and now reviews. I think it looks great and will definitely be the most successful Genesis product. Lexus and Infiniti should have the most to worry about. Particularly Lexus. Got me thinking, Genesis needs to fast track a cross over, that should do very well.
Old 02-13-18, 05:42 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Is anyone on Car Chat having trouble recently accessing the regular Genesis.com websites? I haven't been able to open them for several days, though I can access the Genesis media-outlets with no problem. I tend to think it's not my computer or Internet-provider, since I'm not having problems with any other auto manufacturer.
Old 02-13-18, 06:09 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Try a different browser
Old 02-13-18, 07:06 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Is anyone on Car Chat having trouble recently accessing the regular Genesis.com websites? I haven't been able to open them for several days, though I can access the Genesis media-outlets with no problem. I tend to think it's not my computer or Internet-provider, since I'm not having problems with any other auto manufacturer.
Works fine on mine. I tried both Safari and Chrome with no problems.
Old 02-13-18, 07:52 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
maybe they blocked you because you spent so much time on there and they thought you were a hacker.
Old 02-13-18, 09:45 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
maybe they blocked you because you spent so much time on there and they thought you were a hacker.
Well, if that were the case, I'd be locked out of most auto-manufacturer sites by now.......especially Buick's LOL.

No, seriously, it's OK now....but thanks for the advice, everyone. A couple of technicians from my Internet provider worked on my screen (they can actually do it remotely now, from their station), and, after well over a hour of fumbling around and clicking, found what the trouble was, and gave my router a new IP address. (fortunately, I get free service/support from my Internet provider, so I don't have to pay extra for service-calls like this). I'm not enough of a computer-whiz to know the details (I write about cars, not computers LOL) ...but that solved the problem.
Old 02-14-18, 06:52 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,511 Likes on 1,807 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Great to finally get some ballpark numbers. Exactly what I expected for the 2.0T but high 50s is 2-3K more than what I expected for a loaded 3.3T AWD. That would be about 8K more than a similarly loaded Stinger GT Limited AWD which pays for the "free" maintenance/home service and badge.
High 50's doesn't seem unusual for a fully-loaded model in the segment, and it might even be pretty good compared to the German options. Though, I was kinda hoping for a more IS-like pricing range... where it tops out in the low 50's. However I'd expect the G70 to be better-equipped, on average. So it might be worth it.
Old 02-14-18, 06:59 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by arentz07
High 50's doesn't seem unusual for a fully-loaded model in the segment, and it might even be pretty good compared to the German options. Though, I was kinda hoping for a more IS-like pricing range... where it tops out in the low 50's. However I'd expect the G70 to be better-equipped, on average. So it might be worth it.

If you test-drive a Kia Stinger, especially the V6 model, you'll probably get a rough idea of what the road manners of the G70 will be like, though, of course, the G70 will have a more plush interior and (likely) more sound-insulation.

Quick Reply: 2019 Genesis G70