Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2018 Lincoln Navigator reviews

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-18, 09:45 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
found a nice review here... one thing i'm blown away by is those seats!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WpoZM_LiuA
I was gonna say, I saw that...he's the guy with the "C430. Do you even AMG, bro?" t shirts....they (the MB dealership) messed up his AMG when it had its first service, I think and had to replace the differential....

I like the Navi. How cool is the star lighting up white like that? Problem is V6, dang!
Old 01-16-18, 10:58 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ok, take back what i said before about interior... looks awesome.

Looks good in pictures, but I was less impressed with build quality/gaps and some materials in person. They do offer a slick pale blue leather interior though.
Old 01-16-18, 11:10 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

I hope these large vehicles don't go the way of the manual transmission. They are suitable for when people want to go from point A to point B, in comfort. Ever since my buddy (who owns a Navigator) pointed it out, suddenly I feel more "exposed" when riding in a sedan....in a SUV you are in your own private world as a passenger...when you want this size, even if BMW and MB are getting into the segment, I think the American vehicles win...
Old 01-16-18, 02:32 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317
They do offer a slick pale blue leather interior though.
yes i think that's the 'yacht' trim.

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
I hope these large vehicles don't go the way of the manual transmission. They are suitable for when people want to go from point A to point B, in comfort. Ever since my buddy (who owns a Navigator) pointed it out, suddenly I feel more "exposed" when riding in a sedan....in a SUV you are in your own private world as a passenger...when you want this size, even if BMW and MB are getting into the segment, I think the American vehicles win...
yes, i think these huge utes are the modern equivalent of old giant caddys and lincolns.
Old 01-16-18, 08:04 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

yes i think that's the 'yacht' trim.

yes, i think these huge utes are the modern equivalent of old giant caddys and lincolns.
Speaking of land yatchs, I hope lincoln brings back the designer editions from the 70's. Love the Bill Blass color scheme, the two tone would work on a big slab sided vehicle like the Navigator too.

Old 01-20-18, 06:18 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Saw my first Lincoln Navigator today at the grocery store. We stopped in our tracks. What a presence. Lincoln has hit a smoking first inning bases loaded grand slam out of the park. Exterior had that glowing Lincoln logo light up as the owner approached the car. Interior is simply SPECTACULAR.

We chatted with the 40ish year old owner. His new suv was $101K MSRP. He got a $5000 discount and .9% financing.

Well done Lincoln.

I say first inning grand slam as a bottom of the ninth walk off would imply the competition were in the game. The Lexus LX simply cannot come close as the size is too small and design if too dated. Cadillac is some sort of competition but this Lincoln is a cut above.
Old 01-20-18, 06:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,555 Likes on 1,842 Posts

The LX is a different sort of vehicle aimed at a different buyer, I’d doubt many people would cross shop the two, the Escalade sure.
Old 01-20-18, 08:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Saw my first Lincoln Navigator today at the grocery store. We stopped in our tracks. What a presence. Lincoln has hit a smoking first inning bases loaded grand slam out of the park. Exterior had that glowing Lincoln logo light up as the owner approached the car. Interior is simply SPECTACULAR.

Well done Lincoln.
Agreed it's nice inside, at least from the pictures I've seen....though apparantly not quite as ornate as the Continental. I hope to see it for myself next week at the D.C. show...if it's unlocked and accessible. Lincoln, though (apparently) did not carry the light-blue interior of the display models through to production. The website shows four interior colors......the usual ivory, gray, black, and brown.

We chatted with the 40ish year old owner. His new suv was $101K MSRP. He got a $5000 discount and .9% financing
40ish? So much for the stereotype of Lincolns being for Octogenarians LOL.
Old 01-20-18, 08:22 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Agreed it's nice inside, at least from the pictures I've seen....though apparantly not quite as ornate as the Continental. I hope to see it for myself next week at the D.C. show...if it's unlocked and accessible. Lincoln, though (apparently) did not carry the light-blue interior of the display models through to production. The website shows four interior colors......the usual ivory, gray, black, and brown.

Yeah. He had his 8 year old with him.
Old 01-20-18, 09:18 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 158 Likes on 93 Posts

We chatted with the 40ish year old owner. His new suv was $101K MSRP. He got a $5000 discount and .9% financing.

Well done Lincoln.

I say first inning grand slam as a bottom of the ninth walk off would imply the competition were in the game. The Lexus LX simply cannot come close as the size is too small and design if too dated. Cadillac is some sort of competition but this Lincoln is a cut above.
Not to denigrate your reaction, but what you are experiencing is likely a lot of what the general public will experience. And that is, when a vehicle has been left to die and linger on the vine for a very long, extended time, the re-do will always seem three times better than it actually is, due to finally seeing something different and new. Auto journalist are especially guilty of this. This is regardless of how special the design is. I'd say the new model is definitely a success, but I don't feel it's "out of this world." I need to come up of a word for this psychological reaction, but nothing has hit me yet.

Last edited by Fizzboy7; 01-20-18 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-20-18, 10:12 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The octogenarians get the continental. they can't get in the navigator with a walker,
Old 01-20-18, 10:14 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

That $101k canadian?
Old 01-21-18, 02:37 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

The octogenarians get the continental. they can't get in the navigator with a walker,

I was talking about the Lincoln brand in General. It has a reputation (undeserved, IMO), like Buick and Cadillac, for being a Geezer-brand. So, to a lesser extent, do the non-AMG Mercedes S-Class and Lexus LS.
Old 01-21-18, 05:13 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,555 Likes on 1,842 Posts

I believe that blue is in the Black Label...it is for the Continental.
Old 01-21-18, 06:11 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

That $101k canadian?

US, sorry should of made that clear. It was that croma crystal blue color and black label edition.

Quick Reply: 2018 Lincoln Navigator reviews