Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2018 Lincoln Navigator reviews

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-17, 04:03 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Not one word here about the 2008 era Lincoln Navigator haha. For a very good reason.

The reason for that is obvious. Almost everyone on Car Chat knows that earlier version of the Navigator was simply a rebadged Ford Expedition.....even the interior wasn't that much more plush inside. GM, at least, gave the Escalade and Yukon Denali a lot more bling than the basic Suburban.
Old 11-05-17, 04:52 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I have no doubt Toyota SUVs are overbuilt. However, the new Lincoln is getting great reviews. It's got great capability and pretty good capacities. As per the older gens, never did I say the older Navs are great.
You're not saying anything now, but I bet you ten years ago someone somewhere had the same attitude you're displaying and said the Lincoln was better than the LX because it had "more" of something, be it gadgets, bigger engine, or more space and towing capacity.
Old 11-05-17, 04:55 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
.....yet you would consider buying a Range Rover (or was it the Range Rover Sport), which, granted, is quite plush and comfortable, but, in general, doesn't have the LX reliability.

(I'm not posing this as a definite statement, but a question, based on your previous posts)
I would never buy a Range Rover. I would lease a Range Rover, and even that scares me.

As for Navigator reviews, are you reading the same reviews I am Jill? They’re positive, but not nearly as overwhelmingly glowing as you make them out to be.
Old 11-05-17, 05:08 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
You're not saying anything now, but I bet you ten years ago someone somewhere had the same attitude you're displaying and said the Lincoln was better than the LX because it had "more" of something, be it gadgets, bigger engine, or more space and towing capacity.
Older Navs are irrelevant to me. Don't really care about past models. I don't think any other Nav ever got the praise this one is getting.
Old 11-05-17, 05:14 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Quite the contrary, the Navigator got very favorable reviews when it first came out, and when it was redone completely the first time. It was touted as much better than the Escalade both of those times too.
Old 11-05-17, 05:36 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW15LS
I would never buy a Range Rover. I would lease a Range Rover, and even that scares me.
Sorry.....I meant leasing. I know you generally don't purchase....which probably makes sense in your line of work driving clients around, to take advantage of the lease-payment tax deduction.

As for Navigator reviews, are you reading the same reviews I am Jill? They’re positive, but not nearly as overwhelmingly glowing as you make them out to be.
If I can find one by Alex Dykes, I'll post it. You and I often don't agree on much, but I think we both would agree that Alex does his stuff. I don't think he has gotten around to the new Navigator yet....couldn't find one.
Old 11-05-17, 11:38 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ohh my, never thought I would consider a Navigator in my life!

im shopping for a large SUV for my wife when we return our Kia next Sep, and so far I narrow it down to X5, GLS450, and Range Rover, throwing a X3 4.0M in there since my wife like the styling and an idea of driving a baby M. But this Navigator is totally messed thing up since both me and my wife were wowed by it inside out! White with destination red looks so good and it has everything we want for a SUV. Only thing is my wife never drove anything larger than our Kia Sedona, so the size of a full size might be a problem (she knocked off a mirror when backing out of our garage on the Kia lol). The max size we want to consider was the GLS since she drove it and feel fine, and when she got in the Escalade she felt intimated by the size of it. So we need to go check out the Lincoln in person, I’m hoping it would work since it looks little smaller/narrower than the Escalade... good thing we still have 10 months to decided and by the time all the new models would cool down on sales so we can hope to get a better deal than getting a new hot model.
Old 11-05-17, 11:49 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Ohh my, never thought I would consider a Navigator in my life!

im shopping for a large SUV for my wife when we return our Kia next Sep, and so far I narrow it down to X5, GLS450, and Range Rover, throwing a X3 4.0M in there since my wife like the styling and an idea of driving a baby M. But this Navigator is totally messed thing up since both me and my wife were wowed by it inside out! White with destination red looks so good and it has everything we want for a SUV. Only thing is my wife never drove anything larger than our Kia Sedona, so the size of a full size might be a problem (she knocked off a mirror when backing out of our garage on the Kia lol). The max size we want to consider was the GLS since she drove it and feel fine, and when she got in the Escalade she felt intimated by the size of it. So we need to go check out the Lincoln in person, I’m hoping it would work since it looks little smaller/narrower than the Escalade... good thing we still have 10 months to decided and by the time all the new models would cool down on sales so we can hope to get a better deal than getting a new hot model.
The Navi will be big. I don't know how practical that would be for mom duties in the city. Figure parking lot chores, parking structures, garages, backing up in tight spots, etc. I personally wouldn't recommend it for that.
Old 11-06-17, 12:03 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
The Navi will be big. I don't know how practical that would be for mom duties in the city. Figure parking lot chores, parking structures, garages, backing up in tight spots, etc. I personally wouldn't recommend it for that.
We live in Vegas so parking wouldn’t be so bad except getting it in our garage, our driveway is curved and the garage door is on the side, so getting it in and out would be difficult for her. I’m sure the 360’ degree camera would be a huge help though.
Old 11-08-17, 03:28 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Source
Old 11-09-17, 12:23 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
You either get a feel for how to park a car or you don't. If you're constantly smashing into things in a small car, well you don't need to drive a big car.

Also driving a big car depends a lot on where you live, how big are the spaces in your town??? If its an old city like Boston, Philly, New York, forget about driving a big car. If its a newer, what I call "suburban" city like Nashville, where I live, most of the spots are huge. I drove full size Cadillacs(Fleetwoods, the really big ones) around here for years, never had problems parallel parking on the streets, spots are big in the parking lots, your *** end hangs out a bit like most full size trucks, garages aren't that tight around here either.
Old 11-09-17, 12:47 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Wow I thought the Escalade is bigger, but the new Nav is almost bigger in every dimension than every large suv out there lol...
Old 11-09-17, 06:07 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Wow I thought the Escalade is bigger, but the new Nav is almost bigger in every dimension than every large suv out there lol...
Following in the old Ford Excursion's footsteps, eh?....Well, no, probably not that big.
Old 01-16-18, 09:37 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

found a nice review here... one thing i'm blown away by is those seats!

Old 01-16-18, 09:44 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

ok, take back what i said before about interior... looks awesome.

Quick Reply: 2018 Lincoln Navigator reviews