Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2018 Lincoln Navigator reviews

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-18, 06:15 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Not to denigrate your reaction, but what you are experiencing is likely a lot of what the general public will experience. And that is, when a vehicle has been left to die and linger on the vine for a very long, extended time, the re-do will always seem three times better than it actually is, due to finally seeing something different and new. Auto journalist are especially guilty of this. This is regardless of how special the design is. I'd say the new model is definitely a success, but I don't feel it's "out of this world." I need to come up of a word for this psychological reaction, but nothing has hit me yet.
I dunno. Perhaps. But I give Lincoln the credit they deserved here.
Old 01-21-18, 08:17 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

For $100k I’m still buying a Range Rover lol
Old 01-21-18, 01:54 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
I believe that blue is in the Black Label...it is for the Continental.
Yes...good catch. The light blue seats are indeed the Navigator's Back Label....a very light sky-bluish/silver color. I forgot to check the Black Label section....Lincoln has it in a separate part of their database, not the usual "Build-Your-Own" section.

(Oh.....and be ready to shell out some cash......BL versions start at 93K. Jill...that might account for the one you spoke to that gentleman about listing at 101K).

That brings up the next issue...can I actually sit in it LOL? I've noticed, with other Black Label Lincoln products (particularly the MKZ) that the Black Label seats may have custom colors and striping, but they are narrower than the regular seats....too narrow for my wide frame.
Old 01-21-18, 01:59 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

For $100k I’m still buying a Range Rover lol
Each to his own, I guess, but, at least from the images, Jill may have a point about the Navigator's interior......I haven't seen too many RRs this plush inside.

Hope they have one at the show next weekend, on the floor unlocked. We'll see.
Old 01-21-18, 01:59 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

respectfully, if you can't sit in a lincoln navigator with any trim you might have a weight problem.
Old 01-21-18, 02:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Not to denigrate your reaction, but what you are experiencing is likely a lot of what the general public will experience. And that is, when a vehicle has been left to die and linger on the vine for a very long, extended time, the re-do will always seem three times better than it actually is, due to finally seeing something different and new. Auto journalist are especially guilty of this. This is regardless of how special the design is. I'd say the new model is definitely a success, but I don't feel it's "out of this world." I need to come up of a word for this psychological reaction, but nothing has hit me yet.
I think the word you are looking for is "infatuated". I agree that newer is not always better, but interiors, in general, seem to be getting more plush-looking recently with American, European, and Korean-badged vehicles......not necessarily so with Japanese, but there are exceptions. And, of course, looks is one thing.....anybody can use rich-looking materials on the surface that are actually dime-store plastic underneath. We saw that, IMO, on the 1Gen Buick Enclave and 4Gen Toyota Avalon, before the mid-cycle improvements.
Old 01-21-18, 02:08 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I haven't seen too many RRs this plush inside..
You need to look at more Range Rovers

Don't confuse "plush" with "bling". Range Rovers have excellent quality materials, but they don't have tons of garish chrome etc, which is a look I prefer.
Old 01-21-18, 02:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
respectfully, if you can't sit in a lincoln navigator with any trim you might have a weight problem.
I agree if one can't sit in ANY of the Navigator's seats. But, for me, I don't think the Navigator's standard seats will be any problem....I won't know with the BL's till I see them. And, on the MKZ I described, it was the Black Label seats that were the problem, not the standard ones....the BL seats are significantly more confining. I am somewhat overweight, but not really terribly obese. (I can still drive a Miata LOL).
Old 01-21-18, 02:17 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

You need to look at more Range Rovers

Don't confuse "plush" with "bling". Range Rovers have excellent quality materials, but they don't have tons of garish chrome etc, which is a look I prefer.

Agreed...."plush" can have more than one definition. To me, it means soft, comfortable seats (the French, especially, used to excel at that), wood or wood-tones, chrome or brushed-metal, and soft-touch panel surfaces.

I'll agree you don't want too much bright chrome inside, because it increases the chances of glare in the sun. Decades ago, that is why the Federal safety standard was passed that outlawed chrome wiper-arms and mandated them in flat black.

I'll see the latest RR's next weekend, BTW.
Old 01-21-18, 02:32 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Agreed...."plush" can have more than one definition. To me, it means soft, comfortable seats (the French, especially, used to excel at that), wood or wood-tones, chrome or brushed-metal, and soft-touch panel surfaces.
Range Rovers have all of those things in spades. Autobiography trims even have a leather stitched headliner.
Old 01-24-18, 07:55 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Hope this isn't a re-post (I didn't see it anywhere else in the thread). This reviewer is almost as detailed as something Alex (Dykes) would do, and presents a rather convincing case for the new Navigator as the best SUV yet. The number of features on this vehicle is truly impressive....it's obvious why it costs the big $$$$$ that it does. I definitely want to check it out for myself.....but I'd bet that, if Lincoln brings one to the D.C. show, it will be up, unaccesssable, on a turntable.

(He's only wrong on one thing, IMO. He claims the auto start/stop feature does not significantly save fuel...my experience, in the Lacrosse, is that it does).

Jill, get your popcorn ready, sit back, and relax...I think you are going to enjoy this one.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-24-18 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-24-18, 08:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

yup, thanks, i posted that earlier... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...l#post10083774
Old 02-07-18, 01:51 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Watching Doug Demuro go over the Navigator.

This interior of the new Navigator is masterpiece. A true work of art.

The navigation has a breadcrumb feature. Wow.
An Eco time penalty feature.
One of the nicest centre armrests I have ever seen
Avoid car train feature

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 02-07-18 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-07-18, 02:42 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
The navigation has a breadcrumb feature. Wow.
Just FYI, my 2003 ES300 navigation had a breadcrumb feature, as have all my other Lexus vehicles
Old 02-07-18, 02:47 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

^^ LOL!

'ROUTE TRACE' would be the official name of the feature (and yes Lexus has had it since early 2000s). If you had navigation in your CT then you had it too Jill. That's funny though, 'breadcrumbs' hah! Gotta suggest to Lexus Advisory Board that they change it.

Quick Reply: 2018 Lincoln Navigator reviews