Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2016 Cadillac CT6 (Page 4)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-16, 04:37 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,565 Likes on 1,849 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
you're right it's not the same, the ct6 has much more.

CT6
Interior MeasurementsFRONT HEAD ROOM40.1 in.FRONT HIP ROOM55.8 in.FRONT LEG ROOM42.3 in.FRONT SHOULDER ROOM58.3 in.REAR HEAD ROOM38.0 in.REAR HIP ROOM53.4 in.REAR LEG ROOM40.4 in.REAR SHOULDER ROOM56.1 in.

LS SWB
Interior MeasurementsFRONT HEAD ROOM38.0 in.FRONT HIP ROOM55.4 in.FRONT LEG ROOM43.7 in.FRONT SHOULDER ROOM58.5 in.REAR HEAD ROOM38.0 in.REAR HIP ROOM55.5 in.REAR LEG ROOM35.8 in.REAR SHOULDER ROOM56.9 in.
For legroom measurements only tell part of the story. With the driver seat adjusted for me in both cars the LS is more comfortable and roomy in the backseat. I can cross my legs without touching the seat back. Can't do that in the CT6. my briefcase lays flat without touching the seat in the LS, does not in the CT6.

If you looked at the measurements my GS you would see they were similar, slightly more than my last ES, but in reality that was not at all the case, the GS was MUCH Tighter.

Spend some time with both and you'll see.
Old 09-28-16, 04:51 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,162 Likes on 1,400 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
If you looked at the measurements my GS you would see they were similar, slightly more than my last ES, but in reality that was not at all the case, the GS was MUCH Tighter.
the center tunnel on the GS (rwd) plays a part (vs no tunnel on fwd ES). but you're right, there's more factors than just leg room - those details show LS has much more hip room than CT6 for example.

regardless, CT6 is a plenty big enough sedan.
Old 09-28-16, 05:11 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,565 Likes on 1,849 Posts

With the GS vs the ES it's more than the driveline hump, your knees are in the seat in front, the ES was never that way.

Sure the CT6 is plenty big, just doesn't feel as roomy, certainly not when compared to the LS460L and other LWB flagships. The CT6 feels smaller than it is all around, which is good in some ways not in others.
Old 09-28-16, 07:14 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cadillac Recall Warns Certain CT6 Owners To Not Allow Occupants In The Passenger Seat

Cadillac is calling back a small number of CT6 luxury sedans, which have left the assembly line with a potential seatbelt problem.

In the notification sent to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration,Cadillac's parent company, GM, is informing of 131 potentially affected units, which have been manufactured from July 21 to July 22, 2016.

In these cars, "the bolt that secures the front passenger seatbelt webbing to the seat's ancor plate may be missing", as the feds write in their description of the defect, and if this happens, then "the seatbelt may not effectively restrain a belted passenger in a crash, which could increase the risk of injury."

The next step for General Motors will be to inform owners of the aforementioned vehicles of the condition and advise them to schedule an appointment with an authorized dealers, which, in turn, will replace the front passenger seatbelt webbing anchor bolt, or install a bolt if this is missing, free of charge.

Until the affected Cadillac CT6s are repaired, owners are warned not to allow occupants to sit in the front passenger seat. The recall has commenced on September 24.
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/09/cad...rtain-ct6.html
Old 12-04-16, 07:47 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Five First Impressions: Cadillac CT6 Platinum

For all the noise that Cadillac has been making, it’s time for them to show off the products, and the Cadillac CT6 is that opening salvo.

Is it enough? Sedans are out in favor of crossovers and Cadillac’s new brand image is just getting off the ground. That puts a lot of pressure on the CT6 to offer more than the German competition.

We’ve had some time in a 2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum equipped with the turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 engine. Here are some initial thoughts.

Definitely a Cadillac
While I was unsure of Cadillac launching a car as important as the CT6 is with a design that’s very clearly an extension of their existing sedans, it is unmistakably a Cadillac – 17 feet of it, at that. Its size does command a grand entrance at the valet stand somewhat reminiscent of old Cadillacs - minus the fins, of course.

Vastness
While the space inside the CT6 is more in line with short-wheelbase versions of the Audi A8, BMW 7-Series and Jaguar XJ, its formal roofline affords the Cadillac an airier feel and what seems like more space. Only the tallest of rear passengers might find legroom more coach than business class.

CUE the frustration
While Cadillac’s CUE system is certainly improved in the CT6 over the Escalade I drove last year, it’s far from what you’d call good. The touchscreen’s response is better, but the new trackpad is basically a finger coordination exercise for the passenger.

When a Cadillac is less Cadillac-like
The 3.0-liter engine is swift and the CT6 is fairly athletic, both of which I’d hoped for when going into driving the car. But the firm front seats and a firm ride give off a decidedly German feel, rather than the cosseting ride of a Cadillac I expected. The big sedan from Jaguar and a brief stint in a Lincoln Continental recently showed there are luxury sedans that still do what this Cadillac should.

Finding its place
It’s $88,000 for this all-in CT6 Platinum, which isn’t really a bargain, but definitely in the league of accomplished cars. It’s not even out of Cadillac’s league, but it’s easy to ponder where the CT6 fits in with its rivals and whether it might fit in better with a different engine and less options.
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/12/fiv...illac-ct6.html
Old 12-04-16, 07:59 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

But the firm front seats and a firm ride give off a decidedly German feel, rather than the cosseting ride of a Cadillac I expected.
The big sedan from Jaguar and a brief stint in a Lincoln Continental recently showed there are luxury sedans that still do what this Cadillac should.
I have to agree with this author. American-brand luxury cars aren't supposed to look or feel like Germans. That is one reason why the predecessor Cadillac XTS and Lincoln MKS were both basically unsuccessful in the marketplace.