Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Why Is Lexus So Inconsistent Across their Models?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-12, 05:17 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
my original post is not talking about options per se, they are just part of the larger problem. Its the fact that even things as simple as design is not consistent because lexus values cost savings more than consistency.

If you look at the turn signal stalk across the C class and the S class, they will have the same function -- the 3 turn signal click.

Now that the GS has it, the new ES still lacks this function.
My son's '13 Elantra has the 3 blink turn signal.Nice feature.
Old 08-22-12, 05:20 AM
LexFather

Toyota has a pick-up truck and Lexus don't. Crap they are inconsistent!!!!

Old 08-22-12, 06:15 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

If you look at the turn signal stalk across the C class and the S class, they will have the same function -- the 3 turn signal click.

Now that the GS has it, the new ES still lacks this function.
I have to agree with you, it makes no see for the ES to not have the same turn signal as the GS.
Old 08-22-12, 06:26 AM
LexFather

Crap Toyota offers a van and not Lexus!!! Save the children that's do inconsistent!!!

Old 08-22-12, 06:53 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No worries. From now on, you can order the same features in S, M, L, XL, XXL, and soon enough XS
Old 08-22-12, 09:27 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I have to agree with you, it makes no see for the ES to not have the same turn signal as the GS.
probably because traditional lexus drivers might not like it... I found it weird in the GS and I am sure i was not the only one.
Old 08-22-12, 09:39 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
probably because traditional lexus drivers might not like it... I found it weird in the GS and I am sure i was not the only one.
Simple. Have an option to disable it. It shuld be there, and blind spot monitoring should be on the GS.
Old 08-22-12, 05:18 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Crap Toyota offers a van and not Lexus!!! Save the children that's do inconsistent!!!
Geez, Toyota has FR-S and GT86, and Lexus doesn't have proper light weight sports car!!! So much inconsistent!!!

But back to the topic, the inconsistency in some of the features that offered in Lexus models really bother me as well. If they don't make it standard, say "LED' DRL/headlights, at least make it an option across the line, let people who wants it to pay for it. Yeah, it adds production cost but just charge whatever would be profitable, I am sure people who really like the feature wouldn't mind paying whatever they are asking for.

Last edited by blacksc400; 08-22-12 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-22-12, 05:37 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

you guys can make fun all you want, but we are talking about a brand that is supposed to be focused on the details. I dont understand how there can be so many details that are missing.

If they don't make it standard, say "LED' DRL/headlights, at least make it an option across the line,
they dont even have it make it standard or even an option on all models, AT LEAST MAKE IT AVAILABLE ON THE HYBRIDS, unlike the new ESh! Why do they go through all the trouble of making every other hybrid available with the option but leave the ES out! does not make sense whatsoever
Old 08-22-12, 06:13 PM
LexFather

We are joking b/c I think we all agree there are inconsistencies. Not a big deal, do people expect 100% compliance? They still do a great job in most aspects.

What is utterly ridiculous is trying to bring up some odd comparisons that are so stretched Mr. Fantastic is laughing.

Old 08-22-12, 07:54 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

you guys can make fun all you want, but we are talking about a brand that is supposed to be focused on the details. I dont understand how there can be so many details that are missing.

they dont even have it make it standard or even an option on all models, AT LEAST MAKE IT AVAILABLE ON THE HYBRIDS, unlike the new ESh! Why do they go through all the trouble of making every other hybrid available with the option but leave the ES out! does not make sense whatsoever
because they want you to spend money on GSh. Get it?

You would be right if it was available on ES but not on GS... but since it is vice versa, it is understandable.

I think Lexus does a great job of covering little details.

Who doesnt? Toyota. Yaris Hybrid has blue stiched seats, steering wheel, handbrake... A lot more expensive Auris Hybrid? Black stiching and plastic handbrake.... Yay for Toyota! They need to setup a committee for that, seriously.
Old 08-22-12, 07:59 PM
RXSF

Originally Posted by spwolf
because they want you to spend money on GSh. Get it?

You would be right if it was available on ES but not on GS... but since it is vice versa, it is understandable.

I think Lexus does a great job of covering little details.

Who doesnt? Toyota. Yaris Hybrid has blue stiched seats, steering wheel, handbrake... A lot more expensive Auris Hybrid? Black stiching and plastic handbrake.... Yay for Toyota! They need to setup a committee for that, seriously.
can you explain the CT then? why does the CT get LED headlights?
Old 08-22-12, 09:34 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Toyota has a pick-up truck and Lexus don't. Crap they are inconsistent!!!!
Two names: Blackwood and Mark LT
Old 08-22-12, 09:42 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you explain the CT then? why does the CT get LED headlights?
Because the CT is a glorified Prius (which can be optioned with LED headlights) and the ES300h is a glorified Camry Hybrid (which comes equipped only with halogens)!

(But then again, the JDM/Asian Camry Hybrid does come standard with LED headlights...)
Old 08-22-12, 09:53 PM
RXSF

just found out that the new ES hybrid does not have blue tinted lens covers...Not sure if the GSh does either.

good god

Quick Reply: Why Is Lexus So Inconsistent Across their Models?