Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Buick Regal Official Thread (GS CONFIRMED) Pricing announced, 27k base

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-09, 10:28 AM
LexFather

Post Buick Regal Official Thread (GS CONFIRMED) Pricing announced, 27k base

Another great move by Buick!

Regal Named as Next Buick Sedan

As part of Buick GMC's strategy to engage and listen to its dealers, more than 1,000 dealers this week will be the first to learn the name of Buick's next mid-size sport sedan will be the Buick Regal. The announcement was made at the Buick GMC dealer business meeting.

"The transformation of Buick began with our luxury crossover, the Buick Enclave and continued this year with the launch of the 2010 LaCrosse premium sedan," said Susan Docherty, Buick GMC General Manager. "We're thrilled to announce that the Regal will be the next member of the Buick family."

The Regal name has played a very important role in Buick's history for many years and continues to be one of the top Buick nameplates recalled by consumers even though it's been out of the market for the past six years.

Buick is emerging as a modern, premium marquee with vehicles characterized by sculpted designs, personal technologies, luxurious interiors and responsive performance. Future new sedans and crossovers will continue to expand Buick's portfolio both in North America and China. More information can be found at http://www.buick.com.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/1...icial/

Please bring the Insignia VXR parts for it....

Old 10-14-09, 10:30 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where will this slot in relationtion to the LaCrosse and Lucerne?
Old 10-14-09, 10:37 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

looks like an upscale/overpriced saturn aura?
IS this how they are recycling saturns?
Old 10-14-09, 10:40 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love the Insignia wheels...
Old 10-14-09, 10:52 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely great news, nice to see the Regal name back!

I do have an issue when people say things like this however:

mid-size sport sedan
The Buick Regal and mid-size sports sedan should never be in the same sentence .
Old 10-14-09, 11:01 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I love the Insignia wheels...
Agreed. Hawtness!
Old 10-14-09, 11:26 AM
LexFather

Mike, from my understanding below the Lacrosse. Should have an I-4 has a base engine and its 6 inches shorter.

Old 10-14-09, 02:09 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Mike, from my understanding below the Lacrosse. Should have an I-4 has a base engine and its 6 inches shorter.
The Ecotec I-4 is coming to the LaCrosse itself in December, as a lower-priced, higher-MPG alternative.
Old 10-14-09, 02:17 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

While I understand that the Regal is going to slot below the LaCrosse in price/lineup, its interior, in comparison to the LaCrosse, doesn't impress me as much. It is simply, IMO, too un-Buick inside.......I don't see much, if any, in the way of wood/metallic trim except for a little chrome right around the shift lever.

Buick might want to reconsider and rename this model the Century instead of Regal. The Century served as Buick's entry-level model for years (without any wood or metallic trim inside) and I think that it would be a more appropriate name for this model instead of Regal.

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-14-09 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-14-09, 11:20 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Buick might want to reconsider and rename this model the Century instead of Regal. The Century served as Buick's entry-level model for years (without any wood or metallic trim inside) and I think that it would be a more appropriate name for this model instead of Regal.
Somethings never change at GM. GM was doing so well at separating the past from the present and bringing back the Ragal name is the wrong move. Buick should got to a number based system like Lexus has if they truley want to compete with Lexus.

Buick killed the Regal name for a reason...this is just a bad move.
Old 10-14-09, 11:32 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pagemaster
Somethings never change at GM. GM was doing so well at separating the past from the present and bringing back the Ragal name is the wrong move. Buick should got to a number based system like Lexus has if they truley want to compete with Lexus.

This is exactly what I thought before I even opened the thread just from the title. I do disagree on the number suggestion, however.

If Buick is trying to change it's image and take the brand in a new direction, why would they continue to regurgitate old names? I would initially associate Regal and Century with the crap they built in the 80's and 90's. Is that really the first thought they want people to have?
Old 10-14-09, 11:41 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
This is exactly what I thought before I even opened the thread just from the title. I do disagree on the number suggestion, however.
It appear Buick is targeting Lexus in their ads etc. Promoting Buick as the brank and not the individual model is where Buick appears to be headed. This regal at first looks like a mini version of the LaCrosse...similar design, quietness, reliable and blends in.

This would be perfect opportunity to called the Regal the R350 or the Lacrosse the the L360 or something all those lines. Afterall, premium brands are about the branding and not the model differentation....and if Buick is targeting Lexus, at least get the branding right.
Old 10-15-09, 06:37 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pagemaster

Originally Posted by CDROCKIES

If Buick is trying to change it's image and take the brand in a new direction, why would they continue to regurgitate old names? I would initially associate Regal and Century with the crap they built in the 80's and 90's. Is that really the first thought they want people to have?
The point I was trying to make, though, was not so much the question of bring back the Regal name or not...as I see it, there would be no problem using that name on a different model. The problem, as I see it, is using the "Regal" name for a car, such as the one pictured in the thread title, that appears to be an entry-level Buick and decidedly UN-Regal-like. That is why I said that, for THIS car, the "Century" name, which, for years, was the entry-level Buick, would probably be more appropriate.
Old 11-11-09, 01:35 PM
LexFather

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs...mnr=2

Old 11-11-09, 02:15 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

interior is way too cheap looking, but the exterior is nice in the front and side profile

Quick Reply: Buick Regal Official Thread (GS CONFIRMED) Pricing announced, 27k base