Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2009 Acura TL thread (merged threads, painted beak)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-08, 06:05 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

hahaha, reminds me of a saturn
Old 06-21-08, 06:20 PM
LexFather

Terrible. Looks like the Chevy Impala Window Line and Altima sides. Then it has a Saturn grill/rear end. Quad exhausts....sigh....

Old 06-21-08, 07:06 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No matter how much I try to like it, that rear end looks terrible . The side profile looks decent enough, and the front end might not be too bad. The rear end though just ruins it.

The overall character lines and the car's profile is completely disjointed. There is no common styling theme on this car; it definitely looks to be an amalgam of different styling themes colliding together.

The Altima/Maxima/GS D-pillar and sweeping, curvy roofline absolutely do not match the sharp character lines on the car, not to mention the sharp, pointy style of the rear end. The tail lights have a Camry/Accord resemblance to them. The side profile looks decent enough, but it strongly imitates the side profile of the 5 Series.
Old 06-21-08, 07:38 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,443 Posts

Black one looks better than silver.

Black hides a multitude of sins.
Old 06-21-08, 07:40 PM
LexFather

I am very disappointed they went back to the Hoffmeister kink....seemingly every damn sedan has it today...even the C-class has a small kink.

Old 06-21-08, 08:31 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll see when it's shown off without all the camo. There are some things to like in what I see, and cause for concern as well. I will admit that I saw the 2009 TSX in person for the first time today and it's not as offensive as it appeared in photos. That's still not to say that they didn't make it uglier in the makeover, and I feel that what they're about to do to the RL is a travesty, and for that matter what they did to the MDX was a travesty, but maybe they'll start zeroing in on a design theme that is unique without being in-your-face offensive.
Old 06-21-08, 08:40 PM
LexFather

The roofline is GS...and it has the silver strips on the roof ala the 7 series and Maxima. I have no idea where they are going with this.

Old 06-23-08, 03:26 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car is ugly but the exterior collors Palladium Metallic, Polished Metal Mettalic, Borealis Blue Pearl, Grigio Metallic, Mayan Bronze Mettalic and Basque Red pearl look nice. I also like the addition of Umber to the interior colors.
Old 06-23-08, 04:34 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
The car is ugly but the exterior collors Palladium Metallic, Polished Metal Mettalic, Borealis Blue Pearl, Grigio Metallic, Mayan Bronze Mettalic and Basque Red pearl look nice. I also like the addition of Umber to the interior colors.
Geezus did the cast from "Queer eye for the straight guy" come up with the names for those colors?

Old 06-25-08, 12:19 AM
LexFather

http://www.automotivetraveler....d=194

Old 06-25-08, 12:41 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

they need to make it RWD.
Old 07-10-08, 10:20 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/11/2...awd-confirmed/

Could have been worse. Could have been a LOT better, of course, too.

At least it has SHAWD
Old 07-10-08, 10:32 PM
LexFather

WTF is that?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/acura-tl.html

All-New 2009 Acura TL to Debut This Fall
Completely Redesigned TL to be Most Powerful Acura Ever
Text Only 2009_Acura_TL.doc

TORRANCE, Calif. - 07/10/2008

The all-new, completely redesigned 2009 Acura TL employs dramatic new styling along with a luxurious interior that includes more driver relevant technology than ever. Featuring the most powerful Acura engine ever, the 2009 TL will be available in two distinctive versions including the first ever application of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®) on TL. Available in the fall of 2008, the new TL will deliver a driving experience that achieves new highs within the performance luxury sedan category.

Acura offers a full line of technologically advanced performance luxury vehicles through a network of 270 dealers within the United States. The Acura lineup features five distinctive models including the RL luxury performance sedan, the TL performance luxury sedan, the TSX sports sedan, the turbocharged RDX luxury crossover SUV and the award-winning MDX luxury sport utility vehicle.

For additional information about Acura vehicles, please visit www.acura.com. For media inquiries, please visit www.acuranews.com.

Last edited by LexFather; 07-10-08 at 11:26 PM.

Old 07-10-08, 10:42 PM
LexFather

They have successfully made the UGLIEST lineup in the history of luxury branded vehicles.

Old 07-10-08, 10:50 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks too much like a Caddy.

Quick Reply: 2009 Acura TL thread (merged threads, painted beak)