Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2jz-gte

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-07, 11:27 AM
@lpher
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
Economic Direct Injection, SE is Direct Injection, F is economy
I was affraid of that
Old 01-22-07, 02:26 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cherplex
Yea a 3JZ (3.5L I6) in the new IS would have been nice.
It would be, but that would be a HUGE engine in an I6 form, although they did cram a V8 in the IS-F...

Originally Posted by Koma
Economic Direct Injection, SE is Direct Injection, F is economy
Is that true for all Toyota engine codes, or just the recent ones?
Old 01-22-07, 04:34 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheRupp
It would be, but that would be a HUGE engine in an I6 form, although they did cram a V8 in the IS-F...

Is that true for all Toyota engine codes, or just the recent ones?
I believe it is true for all Toyota engines. F is the designation for economy narrow angled DOHC. But I'm grabbing this from wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_toyota_engines
Old 01-22-07, 08:10 PM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who cares about front wheel drive cars...And who cares about gas mileage? If you're worried bout gas mileage....take the damn bus! How many other stock blocks can handle 800-1000 HP? Enough said!
Old 01-22-07, 09:08 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraristo
Who cares about front wheel drive cars...And who cares about gas mileage? If you're worried bout gas mileage....take the damn bus! How many other stock blocks can handle 800-1000 HP? Enough said!
Dude are you on crack? FWD is THE drivetrain for typical grocery getters. Excellent fuel economy and extra room due to packaging. THATS what matters in making money is volume. Obviously you think manufacturers are competing on some other arena besides making money.
Old 01-23-07, 05:14 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by Bean
Dude are you on crack? FWD is THE drivetrain for typical grocery getters. Excellent fuel economy and extra room due to packaging. THATS what matters in making money is volume. Obviously you think manufacturers are competing on some other arena besides making money.
+1
Volume sellers are the money makers. Of course bringing in some ridiculous car into the company can give you some name but you're not making much (if any) money on it. (Bugatti Veyron)

And not everyone drives in fair weather all year round. I refuse to drive my SC400 in the Winter, that's a death wish. Even if I have Winter tires and Traction Control on, I still spin and I still slide. Forget about breaking too, if you've got the biggest 20" rotors and brakes to match, you're still sliding.
Old 01-23-07, 06:32 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,392 Posts

2JZ is the Japanese equivalent of a Chevy small block. Well known. Strong. Easy to mod. But now old.
Old 01-23-07, 07:49 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think Toyota screwed up the engine code on my ES300's 1MZ-FE... I wouldn't exactly call it "efficient"

It seems like I6's are going away and V6's are the new big thing... you don't see a lot of I6's in new cars anymore.

I never personally liked the IS300 engine, probably mostly because I'm not into modding. I find it underpowered, and it doesn't compensate with fuel efficiency. It does compensate with handling and braking though
Old 01-23-07, 08:43 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by TheRupp
I think Toyota screwed up the engine code on my ES300's 1MZ-FE... I wouldn't exactly call it "efficient"

It seems like I6's are going away and V6's are the new big thing... you don't see a lot of I6's in new cars anymore.

I never personally liked the IS300 engine, probably mostly because I'm not into modding. I find it underpowered, and it doesn't compensate with fuel efficiency. It does compensate with handling and braking though
Yea I wouldn't call my 1UZ-FE an economic engine either.