Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I just saw a new S550.....(official new S-class thread - update pg. 10)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-06, 06:15 PM
S L I C K
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSKING430
maybe your mom should get a second job so she doesn't have to settle little nevada jacky
My mom doesn't work and she never has, so who said anything about settling? Maybe you should get a second job so you can afford a MB S Class yourself and stop living through your friend.
Old 05-24-06, 07:24 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 212 Likes on 142 Posts

GSKing430 & S L I C K, please keep the conversation to be about the cars, not each other or their family members, thank you.
Old 05-25-06, 06:55 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Originally Posted by GSKING430
maybe your mom should get a second job so she doesn't have to settle little nevada jacky
GSKing, in addition to other times, I warned you here yesterday to knock off the rude commentary . You have been suspended from our forum for one week.
Old 05-25-06, 09:15 AM
daygo718
Lead Lap

OK...back to car talk!

GSKING, it looks like your friend not only likes MB's, but white cars as well.

When you say your friend is getting a McLaren, are you referring to the MB-McLaren SLR?
Old 05-25-06, 11:05 AM
430ghost
banned

Sorry again damn I'm sorry! He is having the Mcclerran painted white? Don't know how he is pulling it off I don't think it's an option but he gets what he wants
Old 05-25-06, 12:11 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 430ghost
Sorry again damn I'm sorry! He is having the Mcclerran painted white? Don't know how he is pulling it off I don't think it's an option but he gets what he wants
Not to be a hard *** GSKING430, but in hte forum rules it says...

Membership
Only one Club Lexus account is allowed per person. We reserve the right to delete any membership without prior warning.

Besides you have been suspended for one week. Do not create a new Screen Name to get around your suspension.
Old 05-26-06, 11:33 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

ART Program 221 Sportline

The classic ART Program 221 AVANTGARDE for the new S-Class is now also available in the second variant , the SPORTLINE following the GTR look.

At its unveiling at the Special Importcar Show (S.I.S.) in Tokyo from April 28 – 30, 2006, this marriage of elegant luxury limousine and sports car entitled Program 221 SPORTLINE from the workshops of the ART customizers drew an immediate reaction of enduring admiration.

The aerodynamic front already familiar from the well-known ART Program 221 has now been reproduced in Nuremberg in the more strongly accentuated SPORTLINE version. A successful collaboration of parallel projecting lines, optimally placed air inlets, distinctive cut-outs and sophisticated supplementary headlamps now define the appearance of the basic S-Class. It has unmistakably answered the call for raw sports appeal and racy contours, its exterior offering more than a hint of what you will find under the hood. So much of its design is borrowed from nothing less than the successful GTR sports vehicle from ART.

With this distinct sportive design line, ART is responding to broadly pitched demands from the international S-Class community who seek the very best in comfort and sports flair for their vehicles.

The side skirts and rear skirts are identical in both the AVANTGARDE and the SPORTLINE lines. The same goes for the headlamp equipment.

The technical advantage of both the SPORTLINE and the AVANTGARDE components is production using the MG Compound method. This entails deep-drawing the fiber-glass reinforced plastic laminate under vacuum conditions. The contours are CNC-machined.

This innovative technology offers precisely definable and constant material strengths with precision fitting.

As a certified company with certified suppliers, high levels of quality and sustainable quality assurance measures, ART can offer its customers the ultimate in product safety and value stability for all components in its customization programs: an essential ingredient of justified confidence.
Old 05-26-06, 11:34 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 212 Likes on 142 Posts

Don't like the front bumper.

New S class still looks the best with it's own AMG kit IMHO
Old 05-26-06, 11:45 AM
daygo718
Lead Lap

The ART kit looks OK. The front looks like a hybrid of the S65 front bumper and Brabus, but with bigger fog lights. The side skirts and rear look decent. The wheels would look much better with lips. I agree w/ LexArazzo, the regular AMG kit is the best.
Old 05-26-06, 01:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Don't like the front bumper.

New S class still looks the best with it's own AMG kit IMHO
agree, the side and rear look pretty ok, but the front is way too busy
Old 05-26-06, 07:15 PM
S L I C K
Lead Lap

Those rims scream Infiniti.
Old 05-27-06, 12:01 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by S L I C K
Those rims scream Infiniti.
I bet if you told that S-class owner that, he'd look at you puzzled and say "WTF is an Infinity"? lol

Old 05-27-06, 02:59 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NevadaJack
Hi guys. What a trip...the specs are:

Departed 5/7/06
Returned 5/19/06

5,111 miles total door to door.
82 hours total driving actual driving time.
25.8 mpg (all driving included)
63 mph average speed.

The car is absolutely perfect. I can drive this thing for almost 12 hours and not feel exhausted. It handles like a baby carriage, tracks straight and true and nothing puts a strain on it. Get the Multi Contour Dynamic Seats!!!! They are the finest car seat in the world. Not a glitch anywhere and it was the star of the show where ever we went.

The only problem on the entire trip was a blown rear tire on I 40 about 40 miles west of Knoxville, TN. Must have been something in the road but I heard a bang and the car started to make some strange noises. Pulled over and the left rear had a three inch gash in the sidewall...the rim was not touched.

I hit the Telaid button and they were great. Had a tow truck to change the tire there in about 30 mimutes. Called MB of Knoxville and when I arrived they took it in and put on a new tire and I was on my way in about 45 minutes. They would not warranty after calling MB. Inspection showed no defects and the gash indicated a hit by some kind of sharp object.

I know I promised pictures but the only ones I shot were of family and friends. When I get on a highway on a long trip...I drive until I drop with very few interruptions

All in all, this is the most exciting car I have owned and if there is a better one out there...it has not been built or designed yet

http://www.nevadajack.us/albums/user...1/IMG_2194.jpg
nice
but u should now save up for a Maserati Quattraporte for a higher level of excitement

im wondering if anyone is going to make a kit that makes S550 look more like a Maybach
Old 05-29-06, 10:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I bet if you told that S-class owner that, he'd look at you puzzled and say "WTF is an Infinity"? lol
lol, and you still can't spell infiniti correctly?
Old 05-29-06, 10:10 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

jeremy clarkson gave the new S500 (europeans get a 5L?) a big plus on this week's Top Gear

boy i want one now after seeing how well the voice commands work!

Quick Reply: I just saw a new S550.....(official new S-class thread - update pg. 10)