Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus TX

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-23, 01:47 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,544 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorola
I appreciate it but I think I can speak for myself. There's no need to get personal over a black D pillar lol.
exactly…

Neither is the TX but it, the Infiniti, and a boatlaod of other vehicles sure as heck wants that association. Like the Ford, it was a decision fully conscious of the design signature of the Range Rover and what it represented (prestige). Black D pillar is a Range Rover design signature, like the kidney grilles of a BMW- that's really not up for debate.
I just don’t think of black d pillars as that iconic. Lots of vehicles have them that don’t have any design orientation towards a Range Rover. It’s a desire to make the whole rear window and side windows look like one wraparound piece. Now all black d, c and A pillars I think you have a much better argument.
Old 05-14-23, 01:50 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
exactly…

I just don’t think of black d pillars as that iconic. Lots of vehicles have them that don’t have any design orientation towards a Range Rover. It’s a desire to make the whole rear window and side windows look like one wraparound piece. Now all black d, c and A pillars I think you have a much better argument.
I never knew the Range Rover D pillar was like that.

Old 05-14-23, 02:02 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

@SW17LS Case in point. I've been well aware of passive aggressive comments indirectly referring to me over the years and although I didn't directly address them out of diplomacy, I kept a mental note and just treaded softly, to keep the peace. I can read between the lines very well, but skate past much of it.
​​​​​​

We've both said enough and should just focus back on the subject matter. It's unfortunate it had to degenerate to this in the first place, which says more than enough...
Old 05-14-23, 02:03 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

It is unfortunate you chose to drag the thread here I agree. Just talk about the subject matter and not about other people and you won’t cause something like this again. Remember opinions are opinions, yours included.

We’re passionate about cars and we enjoy debating about them. We can handle ourselves.
Old 05-14-23, 02:19 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

We’re passionate about cars and we enjoy debating about them.
If you want to look up Toyota stuff. And check out some of their coming products. Just look up the trademarks. From what I understand, internally Lexus was not sure about a plug in TX. As you can see by the late trademark. But I am pretty sure Lexus USA pushed hard to get it from corporation Japan.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 05-14-23 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-14-23, 02:44 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

@SW17LS ...

@Rest of The Thread

For most of us who don't have an unconditional inside line to Toyota, those trademarks mentioned above are a great way to keep up with new models indeed.

Gerben Law Firm database is much better to navigate than the USPTO, which can turn into headache for me really quick.

I really love it when many of us on here can find out for ourselves what's coming down the line, than depending on news sources to determine that for us all. We all can do much better than they can in the first place, as it's as if they don't care about the brand to exercise due diligence.

I'm really curious about TX 550h+. While we've seen 450h+ below it, the naturally aspirated Dynamic Force A25A 2.5L I4 turned into PHEV, is this possibly the first application of turbocharged PHEV from Toyota? I think so, but we'll see how that is.

Side note: Design patent databases are a treasure trove of trivia for me at least regarding other automakers. So many "secrets" hidden in plain sight!
Old 05-14-23, 03:00 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,140 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Then why not stop posting here if the place is so terrible? We won’t miss you.
come now, you don't speak for everyone (we) and rather than suggest carmaker1 not post, how about let them decide?

how about we get back to the tx and leave the who's right and wrong aside. most of things here are just opinions, no right or wrong.
Old 05-14-23, 03:20 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
come now, you don't speak for everyone (we) and rather than suggest carmaker1 not post, how about let them decide?

how about we get back to the tx and leave the who's right and wrong aside. most of things here are just opinions, no right or wrong.
You made my point for me. I for one hope he continues to post, but I see no point in him complaining that he doesn’t like the forum, if he doesn’t like it he shouldn’t post on it. That’s all.

And yes, peoples opinions are not right or wrong, that was my point.
Old 05-14-23, 03:41 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorola
Neither is the TX but it, the Infiniti, and a boatlaod of other vehicles sure as heck wants that association. Like the Ford, it was a decision fully conscious of the design signature of the Range Rover and what it represented (prestige). Black D pillar is a Range Rover design signature, like the kidney grilles of a BMW- that's really not up for debate.
I know exactly what you're saying--agreed. While they may not be outright copying, Infiniti, etc. would love for you to associate them with a RR.
Old 05-14-23, 03:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Its very clear in the latest QX60, the Aviator, the last couple generations of Explorers that they are trying to make them look like Range Rovers....I doubt the TX will be that way...
Old 05-14-23, 04:08 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Its very clear in the latest QX60, the Aviator, the last couple generations of Explorers that they are trying to make them look like Range Rovers....I doubt the TX will be that way...
Oh I have no idea... about the TX. Sad I'm not even interested in it but whatever, I'm sure it's a 4 cylinder hybrid.

The Explorer from a few years ago looked like a RR, attractive SUV actually.

There is a smaller Ford crossover that looks a little like a Lamborghini Urus from the front if you only catch a brief look.
Old 05-14-23, 04:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Its not a vehicle designed for you, its a vehicle designed for me lol, the TX is something Lexus has needed in their lineup for a long time.
Old 05-14-23, 04:18 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 449 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
T for THIRD row?
Good thinking.
"T" for "Third" row.
Old 05-14-23, 04:22 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Its not a vehicle designed for you, its a vehicle designed for me lol, the TX is something Lexus has needed in their lineup for a long time.
I agree but not if it's crappy and uncompetitive compared to competition. From what I've seen I don't think it's going to blow anyone's minds..

I hope to be pleasantly surprised, however.
Old 05-14-23, 04:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AJT123
I agree but not if it's crappy and uncompetitive compared to competition. From what I've seen I don't think it's going to blow anyone's minds..

I hope to be pleasantly surprised, however.
The Grand Highlander isn't crappy or uncompetitive, I highly doubt this vehicle will be either. No its not going to have a fire breathing powerplant, but its a premium family hauler...it doesn't need that.

Now the RX350L, THAT was crappy and uncompetitive.

Quick Reply: Lexus TX