Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Creegan’s Green Goblin - 800whp or bust

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-24, 08:40 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

I would throw the fuel filter up toward the front where normally the 2jzgte supra JZA80 cars have them, right where the SC300 hardline ends and a rubber connection begins, that way you can have a solid fuel line from the back of your bulkhead all the way up the length of your car to the fuel filter, then you can decide whether to go single or twin fed directly off the filter into your fuel rail. Radium makes a killer setup that does this for both the SC300 and JZA80
Old 03-24-24, 07:44 PM
Rcreegan
Intermediate

Received 123 Likes on 89 Posts

Actually had a few hours this weekend to knock a few items out. Bulk head fittings and interior fuel lines are completed . Two 8 an feeds and 8 a return line. Ptfe lines are a little more tricky then the standard an hose. You absolutely need to make sure you cut completely straight or it’s a pain in the but to fix your first cut. Also wired up and spaced the gas tank for lines and wiring to clear the rear fire wall.

The following 2 users liked this post by Rcreegan:
Barbary (03-24-24), joewitafro (03-27-24)
Old 03-27-24, 04:00 AM
joewitafro
Racer

I really need this done on my car, but I'm trying to avoid it and make enough money to pay someone else to do it. The PHR hanger looks beautiful, how was installation? What pumps?
Old 03-27-24, 06:08 AM
Turbostar
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Yep, Radium makes a nice fuel filter and mount that goes where the factory fuel filter went. I just got mine in!
Old 03-27-24, 06:09 AM
Turbostar
Pit Crew

When you say you "spaced" the gas tank, did you do that permanently, or just for the installation? I'm going to be working on my fuel system soon and I will be doing a set-up very similar to what you have done, so I'm looking for ideas.
Old 03-27-24, 07:22 PM
KiroLS
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbostar
Yep, Radium makes a nice fuel filter and mount that goes where the factory fuel filter went. I just got mine in!
would you share the part number you installed? I am looking to get one for my SC as well.
Old 03-27-24, 11:40 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Originally Posted by KiroLS
would you share the part number you installed? I am looking to get one for my SC as well.
https://www.radiumauto.com/Fuel-Filt...400-P1349.aspx
Old 03-28-24, 06:16 AM
Turbostar
Pit Crew

Yep, that's the one.
Old 03-29-24, 07:15 PM
Rcreegan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by joewitafro
I really need this done on my car, but I'm trying to avoid it and make enough money to pay someone else to do it. The PHR hanger looks beautiful, how was installation? What pumps?
honestly it’s a great setup. Phr makes extremely high quality parts. The rope hat works very well and holds 3 pumps. I am running 3 525 walbro pumps. Two things to note- when running a 8 a return line, one of the fuel hanger lid bolts needs to be swapped. I was able to find a spare stainless Allen head in the same pitch- this was needed because the a fitting would hit when you try to tighten it. Installing the hanger and stuff was a little tight , so I hope you have small hands lol. There are a few things to note in previous pictures I showed when installing it.
The following users liked this post:
joewitafro (03-29-24)
Old 03-29-24, 07:21 PM
Rcreegan
Intermediate

When you say you "spaced" the gas tank, did you do that permanently, or just for the installation? I'm going to be working on my fuel system soon and I will be doing a set-up very similar to what you have done, so I'm looking for ideas.

so I did it permanently. So the spacing for the stock tank and hanger will not fit with the rear firewall- unless you want to cut beat or modify it. So what I found that would work , is adding 4 washers behind each of the 4 fuel tank anchor points in the trunk. So it goes mounting point of car, 4 washers, OEM fuel tank mounting point, OEM fuel tank mounting bolt. This allowed me not to have to modify the rear seat firewall, run a crazy line setup, worry about fuel lines rubbing and all that stuff. Another issue you run into is the wiring harness that points upwards on the top hat was slightly in contact with the access hole for the stock pumps. The 4 washers fixed that issue as well. Hope that helps!
Turbostar (03-29-24)
Old 03-29-24, 07:25 PM
Rcreegan
Intermediate

only thing with that is I need two fuel filters. I’m running 2 8an feeds to either side of the rail, then a 8an center return. That setup you posted is a great option for people running 1 fuel filter. I think I’ll weld up a custom fuel bracket two hold the two fuel filters near the stock location
Old 03-29-24, 09:10 PM
Turbostar
Pit Crew

This is amazing info. On most of the fuel setups I've seen, the lines look squished behind the back firewall, or they had to cut it up, which I don't want to do. Your way looks so much cleaner, and is probably better for weight distribution.

Any issues with the filler neck alignment in the stock location?
Old 03-29-24, 09:53 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Turbostar, from what I see its a stock tank, in stock location with stock filler neck. the lines you see for the fuel hanger are actually behind a panel behind the rear seats with the new lines going on the opposite side to his bulkhead fittings and to the bottom of the car. Weight distribution doesn't change from OEM setup at all.

One question I do have creegan, i see you had the pinholes in the bottom welded, and you have AN fittings in them; assuming you have block of caps on these? I see your feed inside the tank is blocked with a bolt and clamp which makes sense doing it this way for ease.

Old 03-30-24, 08:52 AM
Rcreegan
Intermediate

This is amazing info. On most of the fuel setups I've seen, the lines look squished behind the back firewall, or they had to cut it up, which I don't want to do. Your way looks so much cleaner, and is probably better for weight distribution.

Any issues with the filler neck alignment in the stock location?
thanks! Yeah, the filler neck stays in the stock place and doesn’t move it at all. Lines are all clear of the rear firewall as well!
Old 03-30-24, 09:20 AM
Rcreegan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by joewitafro
Turbostar, from what I see its a stock tank, in stock location with stock filler neck. the lines you see for the fuel hanger are actually behind a panel behind the rear seats with the new lines going on the opposite side to his bulkhead fittings and to the bottom of the car. Weight distribution doesn't change from OEM setup at all.

One question I do have creegan, i see you had the pinholes in the bottom welded, and you have AN fittings in them; assuming you have block of caps on these? I see your feed inside the tank is blocked with a bolt and clamp which makes sense doing it this way for ease.
@joewitafro yes, so in a 99 sc300 you have the stock feed on passenger side with the guide/pin hole welded shut and a an fitting with a an cap on it. It is also bent to the side and plugged with an aluminum plug to ensure no fuel gets into it. On the driver side that is where it would be connected to the charcoal canister, but I welded the pin/guide hole shut, used a an fitting there as well, and will be running that to the rear of the car for the fuel system vent. I’ve deleted all the charcoal canister and lines, but you still need to allow the tank to vent.
joewitafro (03-30-24)

Quick Reply: Creegan’s Green Goblin - 800whp or bust