Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Summer slam n bang bang build

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-19, 06:40 AM
PNWMachine
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Summer slam n bang bang build

I have been a GS300 fanboy since the beginning looking back. For some reason I always had some excuse as to why I was never owning and building one. Recently I have just fallen back into building cars for fun. I took far to much time off.

I had been looking for an early 80s/late70s Volvo 240 when I stumbled upon my GS on Craigslist. The car is so immaculate and his asking price was so low I figured it had to be a scam. Long story short, obviously it wasn’t a scam. I got it for under his already super low asking price, and although I may not express the overwhelming amount of excitement looming in my mind visually all to well, but, I’m seriously so freaking happy to finally be in one of these. Anyways this summer I will swap an aristo VVTI 2J in, actually that should be done by the end of the month. I’m ordering one at the end of this week. Bags and wheels are how I plan to finish off the summer before I park it in the garage for the winter. The NA 2j that is coming out will be getting rebuilt and swapped into my RX8 project that I’m currently working on.

I want to keep this build thread loaded with content so stay tuned.

This was the easiest pull ever.

Not the most ideal bay for a swap but the GS300s old JZ is going in.

Renesis... Going to rebuild this throughout the winter.

It even came with a South Park mafia CD. Seems very fitting.

So clean so clean

This 4x4 needs to meet the pavement. Wheels are for sale FYI, they’re brand new wheels, brand new tires.

JDM tails eventually. Although these sport designs are alright.

Double din on its way. LED bulbs for everything on their way as well.
Old 06-04-19, 08:01 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

Those tail lights were standard on every single kouki GS. Your headlights are smoked which are unique to the 03 sport design but the tails are the same as any other one.
Old 06-04-19, 08:07 AM
PNWMachine
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
Those tail lights were standard on every single kouki GS. Your headlights are smoked which are unique to the 03 sport design but the tails are the same as any other one.

I really really would like these eventually.
Old 06-04-19, 08:10 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

Those will definitely be over $500 if you get them through ebay. Check on yahoo Japan for them. They're a lot cheaper there and there are companies that specialize in shipping parts from yahoo Japan to America.
Old 06-04-19, 08:11 AM
PNWMachine
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
Those will definitely be over $500 if you get them through ebay. Check on yahoo Japan for them. They're a lot cheaper there and there are companies that specialize in shipping parts from yahoo Japan to America.
I found them for About 375
Old 06-04-19, 03:34 PM
sbagdon
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Did you pull the engine codes yet?
Old 06-06-19, 05:53 AM
TrueGS300
Racer

Received 463 Likes on 377 Posts

Thats a great looking GS and glad you have an engine for the RX8. It would be nice to see more on the road. Most of them are broke down from an absolute failure in engineering of the rotary engine. Most don't make it to 100k miles. People are selling them off to unaware buyers with low or no compression all the time saying, it needs tune up lol. Can't tell you how many get towed into my shop from buyers who just bought it for a "sweet deal" only to be told they bought a blown engine car with no available used engines to swap in because they are all blown lol. Sexy cars, but junk engines. The 2jz should serve it well. Id do cam swaps or whatever you're planning for it while the engine is out. Reseal all the oil seals/gaskets. Oil pump. Anything old and worn out.
The following users liked this post:
PNWMachine (06-08-19)
Old 06-08-19, 02:59 PM
PNWMachine
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sbagdon
Did you pull the engine codes yet?
Not yet. My obd2 reader has gone missing. 😑
Old 06-08-19, 03:01 PM
PNWMachine
Driver School Candidate

Installed some side mirror visors and wide angle mirrors.
jadu (06-10-19)
Old 06-09-19, 08:40 PM
PNWMachine
Driver School Candidate

My only code being thrown.
Old 06-10-19, 03:56 PM
sbagdon
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...placement.html
Old 06-10-19, 04:41 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

those side mirror visors lol
PNWMachine (06-11-19)
Old 06-11-19, 07:46 PM
PNWMachine
Driver School Candidate

Installed some Beamtech 6k LEDs in my Fog light housings. I also took my first shot at tinting lenses. I have now learned that when tinting lenses it’s better to have a little to much liquid on the glass/plastic than not enough. It took two tries to get them “acceptable” in my perspective. And I’m nowhere near satisfied with the outcome but from 10 feet away it looks alright. I can see myself getting pretty good at that trade if I had a little more practice. Oh yeah, my cars nickname is “Shader” in memory of an inside joke with one of my best friends who passed away from an overdose a few years back. Anyways. Shader got a bath today! He got a brighter smile, even though his teeth became more yellow... and the best has yet to come for the day, wait.... OVERNIGHT PARTS FROM JAPAN! Tonight I will be installing Manzo catback exhaust. Next week OBX headers/down pipe.

Always a good way to come home from work seeing a big old box of goodies!

They are better looking than I expected for what I paid. And I’ve already heard how they sound, imo it’s very similar to HKS. I am a little concerned with the clocking of the flange common to the forward end of this assembly. Anyways, I’m about to be climbing under so I guess I’ll find out.

I’m sure you can zoom in and see the shotty work I did on these fogs, ½ the tabs fell apart upon disassembly too which is, well, fortunate for me cause now I have an excuse for new fog lights. Should I stick with OEM or get the yellow tinted lens’ with DRLs from eBay?
Old 06-16-19, 10:22 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

The side mirror visors and fog lights look great! Always like the yellow tint. I did my old bike (‘74 CB750) headlight and had fun like you did trying to get it perfect.

Looking forward to the exhaust install update!
Old 06-19-19, 06:16 PM
PNWMachine
Driver School Candidate

M2 exhaust installed. This is my first experience purchasing an “eBay” brand exhaust. That being said, I can’t say a singe bad thing about it. The cost was more than fair, the welds looked very nice. The bends were uniform. Everything mounted up exactly where it should go... oh wait I remember, the only problem I ran into was the fastener hole diameter being a few MM undersized for the included fasteners. No big deal, I reamed up the holes and was back in business in no time at all. Both exhaust tips are uniform to their wells in the bumper, the passengers side does stick out maybe ¼ inch further than the drivers side. Oh well. Manzo m2 exhaust, I give it five stars and two thumbs up. I also have no drone at cruising speeds. It does drone at 40mph, but that is not a speed that I cruise at so I don’t mind. At 35/60/80mph most people would assume it was factory exhaust from inside the car.

Driver side is a smidge lower and passengers side sticks out a smidge further. No big deal.

Quick Reply: Summer slam n bang bang build