Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Aspect's 07 IS250 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-19, 03:41 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Aspect
i did drive about 3-4k kms on them without the FIGS LCA bushing so maybe it's from that, but seeing the wear on it makes we almost want to say that its not really working that well.

I'm putting the new tires on the front for the upcoming season and then I'll really see if there's an improvement from the bushings
I highly recommend you check your alignment settings to see what your front toe is set to. Even with the FIGS LCA bushings, my front tires would still suffer from inner tread wear (though not as rapid). Once I learned to change the front toe setting 0.00, the inner tire wear became non existent on my Michelin tires.
The following users liked this post:
Aspect (04-27-19)
Old 04-27-19, 04:53 AM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Thannp
Do you know the length of the part from header to cats? I have to do this portion as well. Mine also has leaks but not as bad as yours.
sorry I don't, I'm having my buddy's shop fab up my exhaust. The headers connect directly to the primary cats unless you're talking about from the headers to the secondary cats maybe?
Old 04-27-19, 04:56 AM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by redspencer
I highly recommend you check your alignment settings to see what your front toe is set to. Even with the FIGS LCA bushings, my front tires would still suffer from inner tread wear (though not as rapid). Once I learned to change the front toe setting 0.00, the inner tire wear became non existent on my Michelin tires.
Thanks for the tip redspencer! I guess the only values I really ever looked at were the total front toe and rear toe along with camber. I'm going to get my alignment done soon again so I'll make a note of that
Old 04-27-19, 10:53 AM
Thannp
Pit Crew

Received 69 Likes on 30 Posts

sorry I don't, I'm having my buddy's shop fab up my exhaust. The headers connect directly to the primary cats unless you're talking about from the headers to the secondary cats maybe?
Yes, from header to secondary cat. I run PPE header in my car so my primary cat were long gone haha.
Old 04-28-19, 07:47 PM
Aspect
Racer

Yes, from header to secondary cat. I run PPE header in my car so my primary cat were long gone haha.
alright, I'll give it a measure when I'm in the shop next installing my mid pipe. Hopefully you aren't in a rush
Old 05-10-19, 03:48 PM
Aspect
Racer

Default Mid pipe

Got myself a custom midpipe made to replace my old rusted and exhaust leak ridden one.
Old 05-10-19, 03:53 PM
Aspect
Racer

So it's 61 inches in length measuring from right after the priimary cat flange all the way to the resonator where we cut for my midpipe. I now just realize after reading your post again that you wanted primary to secondary, sorry I forgot!
Old 05-10-19, 03:54 PM
Aspect
Racer

Obligatory Exhaust Clip
Notes - tad louder, tad smellier, tad more rasp, else still the same sound signature

View this post on Instagram
Old 05-10-19, 03:59 PM
Thannp
Pit Crew

So it's 61 inches in length measuring from right after the priimary cat flange all the way to the resonator where we cut for my midpipe. I now just realize after reading your post again that you wanted primary to secondary, sorry I forgot!
Thanks man. Dont worry about it. This would work.

you are running 2.25 inch or 2.5 inch from the header to Y pipe?

and that Y-pipe look sick man
Old 05-10-19, 04:38 PM
Aspect
Racer

Thanks man. Dont worry about it. This would work.

you are running 2.25 inch or 2.5 inch from the header to Y pipe?

and that Y-pipe look sick man
thanks (Y) it's 2.5"
Old 05-10-19, 05:44 PM
Thannp
Pit Crew

thanks (Y) it's 2.5"
How is your low end torque with this setup?
Old 05-10-19, 06:38 PM
Aspect
Racer

How is your low end torque with this setup?
Haven't tried any launches yet but it doesn't feel any worse. I don't know about this whole back pressure theory but I still have my resonator and mufflers if that helps lol

Last edited by Aspect; 05-11-19 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-11-19, 06:18 PM
Aspect
Racer

tried resetting my ECU to try and resolve my Check VSC code p0606 ecu fault code since I just replaced my exhaust full of exhaust leaks and it disappeared for a whole 5 minutes to reappear again. I give up on this CEL, the car runs fine sans the AC now...
Old 05-11-19, 07:40 PM
Thannp
Pit Crew

tried resetting my ECU to try and resolve my Check VSC code p0606 ecu fault code since I just replaced my exhaust full of exhaust leaks and it disappeared for a whole 5 minutes to reappear again. I give up on this CEL, the car runs fine sans the AC now...
What scanner did you use? I have this same problem with my LS430

car runs fine and after a few mins cels would pop up. I use techstream to scan the code it would give me only p0606. But i had a friend who open a garage and own the dealer scanner. (Tis or toyota intelligent scanner) using that machine to scan another code pops up and said the O2 sensor behind the cat is faulty on the driver side. He then confirm with measuring the voltage of the unit. I ordered a new one installed in and bam no more light.

i think your buddy at the shop wasn't careful enough when remove those sensor. Thy figure out which side is broken or replace both and i think you will all good
Old 05-12-19, 05:04 AM
Aspect
Racer

What scanner did you use? I have this same problem with my LS430

car runs fine and after a few mins cels would pop up. I use techstream to scan the code it would give me only p0606. But i had a friend who open a garage and own the dealer scanner. (Tis or toyota intelligent scanner) using that machine to scan another code pops up and said the O2 sensor behind the cat is faulty on the driver side. He then confirm with measuring the voltage of the unit. I ordered a new one installed in and bam no more light.

i think your buddy at the shop wasn't careful enough when remove those sensor. Thy figure out which side is broken or replace both and i think you will all good
My buddies scanner did pick up the same driver side o2 sensor fault cause i knocked it real bad on a speed bump. Replaced it with a Denso o2 sensor IIRC and the o2 sensor code disappeared but p0606 still remained and I've been trying to figure it out ever since. Maybe i have to replace the other one too even though its not throwing codes?

Quick Reply: Aspect's 07 IS250 AWD