Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Aspect's 07 IS250 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-18, 08:19 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts
Default Water Pump Replaced

finally got around to the water pump replacement. I wasn't having any problems but given that my alternator crapped out at 150k when i should have replaced it at 120k, I thought I'd replace this at its common failure time around 150k I gather from CL members. Only a little pink crust so maybe i still had plenty of time left.
Old 11-30-18, 07:08 AM
Aspect
Racer

Well, I just got another dreaded check engine light and check VSC with traction control light... Given that the car runs perfectly fine with no stutters in shifting or idling etc I'm hoping it's something small like an exhaust leak.
Old 01-20-19, 11:49 AM
Aspect
Racer

Default Been a while

Just a small update for the build. Still winter here but picked up some spacers for my front wheels, i don't think it will be super flush but it'll be a least an improvement.
Old 01-20-19, 12:03 PM
Aspect
Racer

A little bit of a spoiler, but I'm keeping tabs on RR Racing's SC development. Been watching posts by RR and it looks like they can do a SC kit for the IS250 4GR and it'd be slightly more affordable than the 2GR SC give that the parts wouldn't need to support as much power(300-320 whp theoretically). There were initial posts about the 4GR not making that much power given it only has DI and that a 4GR kit would be extra costly given the need for adding port injection, but given the recent posts I'm optimistic on the final outcome. I'm hoping it releases in the coming months so I can get it for the next season.

I think it'd be an interesting next step. It's not as exciting as dumping the IS and getting the ISF, but I've been giving that subject some thought and I think a SC would be a logical next step for myself and my current situation. The ISF is still the dream one day I believe. People would say I'm stupid and should save the money to trade up to an ISF instead because it still wouldn't be as fast, but I'd be ok with that. It'd be a fraction of the cost of an ISF, I'd keep AWD, keep all the mods and money I've invested in fixing this car up, it'd be maybe a little bit of a sleeper, and for better or worse it'd be something new and different.
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (01-21-19)
Old 01-21-19, 05:59 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

The supercharger is now going to be full speed ahead after this current project at the shop right now. So overall we should have some sound results and teasers in the next upcoming weeks for you.

-Sean
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Aspect (01-21-19)
Old 01-21-19, 08:18 AM
Aspect
Racer

Wow I didn't expect a reply on my personal build page but I'm glad to hear it! Looking forward to it
Old 01-21-19, 05:20 PM
Aspect
Racer

Well I finally found out what the CEL code was for, apparently I have a fault O2 sensor on bank 1 sensor 2. Thankfully it wasn't anything major to delay any of these plans
Old 01-23-19, 07:17 PM
Aspect
Racer

Hm, doing a little reading and research on the forums about the RR Racing SC on the ISF has brought up a good point - that I should probably compression test my engine before I do something major like the SC. All maintenance has been kept up to date with oil changes, carbon buildup cleaning, spark plugs etc, but it'd prob be a good idea to find out now whether my engine is actually good enough for the SC kit.
Old 01-25-19, 03:55 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 766 Likes on 669 Posts

Well if you go with the SC. You'll probably be the first AWD 250 charged on the planet.

Keep us posted.
Old 01-25-19, 04:23 PM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
Well if you go with the SC. You'll probably be the first AWD 250 charged on the planet.

Keep us posted.
maybe so! If it passes the compression test I'll have a green light, fingers crossed. I'm not going to get an engine rebuild on a 4GR, not worth it. If it doesn't pass, well I'll stick with cosmetics until I can get a diff car but that's worst case scenario
Old 01-28-19, 02:23 PM
Aspect
Racer

Well compression test results are in...

Cylinder 2 experiencing really low compression while the others look good. So the supercharger project is canceled before it has even started. Not going to risk destroying the engine and its not worth it to rebuild. I'll keep driving until it dies.

I really wanted to supercharge it for the benefit of the community and myself gaining some more fun out of it

On related news, my check engine light is still on after replacing the o2 sensor. It solved the sensor codes but now i have a persistent p0606.
Old 01-30-19, 06:47 AM
Aspect
Racer

well, I feel like this year isn't my year for the IS. Got into a tiny fender bender which dented the front part of the front fender in. Misjudgement on my part, thankfully nothing major. Feels like the world's telling me to move on already lol
Old 01-30-19, 09:58 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 766 Likes on 669 Posts

Originally Posted by Aspect
well, I feel like this year isn't my year for the IS. Got into a tiny fender bender which dented the front part of the front fender in. Misjudgement on my part, thankfully nothing major. Feels like the world's telling me to move on already lol
Like Forrest Gump said "**** happens"

Just stay with positive thoughts man.

I'm sure we've all been in similar situations.
Aspect (01-30-19)
Old 02-02-19, 02:50 AM
R002
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thread Aspect....KUDOS to you....Just yesterday we bought an 2006 IS250AWD for our son. Started looking for information about the car and ended up in this forum and your thread specifically. Awesome thread you have started here with lots of information and knowledge. Very inspirational too...so I shared it with my son... We will definitely follow your thread.

Just a quick question if you don't mind, where did you have the carbon issue fixed. You mentioned BMW/Subaru guy. By the way, we're from the GTA. Thanks again in advance.
Aspect (02-02-19)
Old 02-02-19, 04:55 AM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by R002
Great thread Aspect....KUDOS to you....Just yesterday we bought an 2006 IS250AWD for our son. Started looking for information about the car and ended up in this forum and your thread specifically. Awesome thread you have started here with lots of information and knowledge. Very inspirational too...so I shared it with my son... We will definitely follow your thread.

Just a quick question if you don't mind, where did you have the carbon issue fixed. You mentioned BMW/Subaru guy. By the way, we're from the GTA. Thanks again in advance.
Thanks for the kind words! Feel free to reach out and I'll try my best to answer. There are a lot of more knowledgeable people on the boards but I'll try my best! For the carbon buildup walnut blasting service, I'll have to ask my mechanic for a referral I can give you for a guy in the GTA. I'll get back to you soon.
R002 (02-02-19)

Quick Reply: Aspect's 07 IS250 AWD