Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

Ultm8mind's LS400 Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-16, 01:07 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Ultm8mind's LS400 Build

Hello all, my name is Bruce and this is my second Lexus build. Some of you may know me from my last build my AimGain LS30 Ultra Luxury or my frequenting car shows or me on forums/FaceBook. I almost bought Prime's LS400 which is a definite trend setter here stateside for LS's, but that is going back to the original builder Bucky at SuperStar Customs and he will be able to do way more with it than I can, so I let it go to reach it's full potential. I actually bought this car a while ago and have been slowly bringing it back to life. I bought the car with AccuAir eLevel which since it was already installed I figured why not get the car, right? I should have passed, lol. Here's a brief history on the car....

**If I am all over the place forgive me, lol, it's how my mind processes things**

Bought it from someone who is probably on here, after a bunch of going back and forth I decided to take the almost 4 hour ride to go check the car out, only because my LS430 was rear ended and was deemed totaled. Well, let me say the second attempt to go see the car, because the first time I was going to see it the key mysteriously came up missing. After the key was found a sensor went bad on the air, which supposedly was replaced also, I to this day am having issues with the air.

I went to check out the car, it was in rougher shape then what I had initially expected. But the owner and I had talked his asking price down but that ended up not being nearly low enough. Ok, so I asked the common questions from what I had researched, power steering specifically. I was told "power steering had just been replaced including the rack and pinion." I noticed the eLevel was red on drivers side front, I was told "it just needed to be calibrated." I figured, I could easily do that.

So, on the way home after about 30 minutes into the ride the PS fails, boy was I in for a forearm strengthening ride. I called previous owner and he said "man, there's no way it could have gone bad, it's like new," so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Well turns out yes the PS pump, valve, AND high pressure hose were bad and had definitely NOT been replaced.

At that point I figured I'd give the car a thorough once over. At this time I identified none of the struts were at the same height at air "full up" when measured from fender to center of hub. This was/is the first issue dealing with tis half assed suspension setup. So, drivers side height sensor is bad, which with AccuAir causes you to not be able to set your Presets. Passenger side fitting is superglued in place which, by the way, does not hold air and leaks. So, I've been working with AccuAir to work out these discrepancies. Probably will need new hose, a new sensor and a fitting to remedy this. Windshield was broke and has been replaced. ABS is also broke from not being secured out of way of wheels. VSC not sure what's wrong with that, supposedly it's "disconnected in the dash." Also temp gauge sensor is shot or that's what I was told by previous owner. I bought Clazzio seat covers from Prime and have installed them to cover the seats which were ripped all over. I will hopefully be ready with a new updated look for this ride come show season and everything will be hopefully fixed and looking as it should.

Pics to come once I find a good pic hosting site to slap them on here.......
Attached Thumbnails Ultm8mind's LS400 Build-img_7406.jpg   Ultm8mind's LS400 Build-img_7415.jpg   Ultm8mind's LS400 Build-img_7419.jpg   Ultm8mind's LS400 Build-img_7665.jpg  
Old 01-18-16, 01:09 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Clazzio Seat Covers added.....
Attached Thumbnails Ultm8mind's LS400 Build-img_8619.jpg   Ultm8mind's LS400 Build-img_8618.jpg   Ultm8mind's LS400 Build-img_9041.jpg   Ultm8mind's LS400 Build-img_9039.jpg  
Old 01-18-16, 01:16 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

So after I got the PS fixed, and height leveled out there was a local guy selling these wheels which I could not pass up. Had wanted these for a while and almost purchased for my last build....
Attached Thumbnails Ultm8mind's LS400 Build-img_9847.jpg   Ultm8mind's LS400 Build-img_9425.jpg   Ultm8mind's LS400 Build-img_9428.jpg  

Last edited by ultm8mind; 01-18-16 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-19-16, 07:14 AM
I'mStock
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice build, sucks about all the hurdles so early on. Love the color and the wheels, sub'd for more.

Oh yeah, 95-97 rear seat swap?
Old 01-19-16, 10:06 AM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

No, actually the seat cover deleted the middle headrest for some reason. I figured I didn't need it though, so it didn't bother me...
Old 01-19-16, 11:23 AM
I'mStock
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ultm8mind
No, actually the seat cover deleted the middle headrest for some reason. I figured I didn't need it though, so it didn't bother me...
Weird, wonder if they're for a 95-97 or if that's a Clazzio thing...
Old 01-20-16, 10:40 AM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Not sure, I know my buddy had the gen prior and he is who I got them from so that may be why. But since they're way cleaner than the stocks I'm not complaining, haha...
Old 01-21-16, 10:23 AM
RugbyDad
Pole Position

Not sure, I know my buddy had the gen prior and he is who I got them from so that may be why. But since they're way cleaner than the stocks I'm not complaining, haha...
So clazzio made seat covers for the 2gen and they'll fit the 2.5gen minus the middle headrest? I need to go hunting for some if that's the case.
Old 01-21-16, 10:47 AM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Yes Sir, they fit my friend, if you do not mind the middle headrest getting deleted. Me, I didn't. I got the from Prime, I believe his build is on here somewhere. He was parting his out and SuperStar Customs is doing the next update to it as we speak I think. I was actually going to buy his car but SuperStar Bucky wanted it since it was their first build and I figured who better to have it. I actually think they look better than the stock seats, but that's just me...
Old 03-26-16, 12:00 AM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Damn, been a few months since I've posted anything, ordered some stuff and all that is currently being shipped and/or worked on right now. Car will have a few changes within the next few weeks...I am personally anxious, and can't wait. A few subtle changes that will set this car apart from other LS's, or so I think.
Old 03-29-16, 09:38 PM
Swint
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's strange I've never seen your car around. I live in Thomson, GA and I go to Augusta at least 3 times a week! Ready to see what's in store for your car. Do you go to any of the local meets?
Old 03-30-16, 02:38 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

welcome, and i am very familiar with the superstar 97 ls400. you ride looks like it's coming along great. i hate it when previous owners are very shady with their descriptions and you find out the hard way! hope the air ride is all fixed.

what kind of air suspension setup is it riding on? i know accuair but what bags/shocks? wheels look perfect, curious to the sizing specs on them.
Old 03-30-16, 05:06 PM
Scraape
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

love the car, keep up the good work
Old 03-30-16, 11:51 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Swint- Last month I did Cars and Coffee in Grovetown, April I hear will be the 9th and if the car is not in the shop for the add-ons it'll be out. Not many shows going on around here, if there is I don't know of any, I was going to head to IA a couple weekends ago but I had my sons lacrosse game and religious obligations (Palm Sunday) to attend. I'm down to roll to shows and stuff though if you know of any get togethers lemme know!

Timmy- K Sport bag over coils, and I still have to order the elbow which I haven't been in a hurry for because I was doing some other stuff and figured if the car wasn't moving I didn't need it right now, haha. And yes, I feel the same about shady owners, kinda lame. I am anxious to see what SuperStar does to the LS next though. As for wheels 19x10.5/11.5 (@15 offset all around) and a 6mm spacer up front to clear brakes.

Scraape- Thanks man, I will try to keep this updated as it progresses. There will be a few changes here within a month then it'll be the same for this year after that, lol. Everything I like is expensive or you have to wait to get from Japan or have built.
Old 04-03-16, 10:56 PM
Swint
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Swint- Last month I did Cars and Coffee in Grovetown, April I hear will be the 9th and if the car is not in the shop for the add-ons it'll be out. Not many shows going on around here, if there is I don't know of any, I was going to head to IA a couple weekends ago but I had my sons lacrosse game and religious obligations (Palm Sunday) to attend. I'm down to roll to shows and stuff though if you know of any get togethers lemme know!
I believe there is a meet every Fri/Sat and on Thursdays as well at a Sonic in North Augusta. I haven't had the time to attend any meets in a long while due to school, work, and finishing my car(s). My LS should be finished soon and I'll be heading to meets more often. I'll get in touch with you!

Quick Reply: Ultm8mind's LS400 Build