IS250 F-Sport Crafted Line Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-15, 11:07 AM
etai9
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default IS250 F-Sport Crafted Line Build

Hello Everyone!

This is my first lexus and also my first post. Any feedback would be great.

Anyways,
I have a 2015 IS250 AWD F sport- Crafted line.
I want to start modding already.
I have already tinted the car and that is pretty much it.
I have rsr down springs sitting in my room..... has anyone on here lowered a Crafted line before? if so can you post pictures? ( i feel like my car is already sitting pretty low compared to other is250s.)

Im also considering an exhaust, anyone have any recommendations? nothing crazy, just want it to have that nice growl when i step on it.

anything would help! ill post pictures when i can!
Old 05-27-15, 11:51 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Hi. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first Lexus, first IS, AND such a rare limited edition car.

I am into some mods as you can see in my Build Thread (signature below) and I just got wheels and RSR Downs that will be installed this weekend. But, are you sure you want to mod a limited edition vehicle? If you're good with that, then mechanically your IS 250 AWD F Sport is the same as any other (like mine) and I'm happy with the following mods (again you can check my build thread for more details).

1. Window Tints (which you have)

2. Gloss Black Vinyl Roof - would work really well on the gloss black handles and mirrors of your Crafted Line model. Price $250-300 typically.

3. Intake- Adds more sound above 3500 rpm more than the F Sport intake resonator. I have the Takeda and am happy with it but most will pretty much sound the same. Price $200-300 typically.

4. Exhaust - an axle back is a nice start and I have a custom Magnaflow Axle back created as a bolt-on that gives off a deep burly sound without being loud. There's a bolt-on available that sounds 99% like mine for anywhere between 700-800$ or cheaper sometimes depending how well you shop around. Personally, JoeZ is my favorite but Magnaflow is tough to beat on price.

Good luck!

Last edited by corradoMR2; 05-27-15 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-27-15, 12:05 PM
etai9
Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Hi. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first Lexus, first IS, AND such a rare limited edition car.

I am into some mods as you can see in my Build Thread (signature below) and I just got wheels and RSR Downs that will be installed this weekend. But, are you sure you want to mod a limited edition vehicle? If you're good with that, then mechanically your IS 250 AWD F Sport is the same as any other (like mine) and I'm happy with the following mods (again you can check my build thread for more details).

1. Window Tints (which you have)

2. Gloss Black Vinyl Roof - would work really well on the gloss black handles and mirrors of your Crafted Line model. Price $250-300 typically.

3. Intake- Adds more sound above 3500 rpm more than the F Sport intake resonator. I have the Takeda and am happy with it but most will pretty much sound the same. Price $200-300 typically.

4. Exhaust - an axle back is a nice start and I have a custom Magnaflow Axle back created as a bolt-on that gives off a deep burly sound without being loud. There's a bolt-on available that sounds 99% like mine for anywhere between 700-800$ or cheaper sometimes depending how well you shop around. Personally, JoeZ is my favorite but Magnaflow is tough to beat on price.

Good luck!

Hey and thanks! Ive actually looked at your build thread a couple of times, beautiful car!! Why do you call these models rare? are they? I've seen a couple. Again, I don't plan a full on mod, just springs and maybe an exhaust. I actually have a appointment to get my roof wrapped in gloss black!! I was looking at the Joe Z exhaust as well, i love that sound.
Old 05-27-15, 01:06 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by etai9
Hey and thanks! Ive actually looked at your build thread a couple of times, beautiful car!! Why do you call these models rare? are they? I've seen a couple. Again, I don't plan a full on mod, just springs and maybe an exhaust. I actually have a appointment to get my roof wrapped in gloss black!! I was looking at the Joe Z exhaust as well, i love that sound.
Cool, you're already ahead of the game.

There are only 1375 Crafted Line IS models being produced, to celebrate 25 years of Lexus. For perspective, about 45-50,000 IS will be sold this year so that's a very limited run.

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...t-2015-models/

In addition to the performance-oriented F Sport trim, Lexus will add a special Crafted Line for select 2015 models. The Lexus Crafted line includes a special contrasting appearance package as well as a two-piece set of Lexus-branded TUMI luggage.

The Lexus Crafted line will be available on both rear- and all-wheel-drive Lexus LS 460 F Sport, GS 350 F Sport, and IS 250 F Sport models, as well as the all-wheel-drive RX 350 F Sport and ES 350. Every Crafted Line Lexus model is painted in Ultra White, with contrasting Obsidian Black door handles and side mirrors. Specially painted wheels, bumper trim, and grille are also included with the Crafted Line package.

Inside, the LS 460 F Sport, GS 350 F Sport, and IS 250 F Sport come with black and scarlet two-tone seat and headrest trim, while the ES 350 and RX 350 F Sport feature black and Cabernet trim. The Lexus LS, GS, and RX Crafted Line contain a leather interior, while the IS, ES instead receive Lexus NuLuxe interior. All Crafted Line models come with navigation, blind spot monitoring, and rear cross-traffic alert technologies. The LS gets a premium sound system and a heated leather steering wheel for all-wheel-drive models, and the ES gets heated and ventilated front seats as well as HID headlamps and rain-sensing wipers. Park-assist is also included with the Crafted Line versions of the GS, ES, and RX.

Crafted Line models will be built in limited quantities. The production volume will include 6000 vehicles in total, made up of 750 LS 460 F Sport units, 875 GS 350 F Sport units, 1375 IS 250 F Sport units, 1500 ES 350 units, and 1500 RX 350 F Sport units.

Lexus plans to debut its Crafted Line publicly at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance from August 15-17. Launch for the new limited-edition line is scheduled for November, with the most affordable Lexus ES 350 Crafted Line beginning at $42,925 including destination fees. The base 2014 Lexus ES 350 totals $37,545, so we will expect a similar $5380 premium for the Lexus Crafted Line.

Read more: http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...#ixzz3bMzaEKTR
Follow us: @AutomobileMag on Twitter | AutomobileMag on Facebook
Old 05-28-15, 10:33 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 333 Likes on 200 Posts

I really like the crafted line, but wasn't too happy when I found out that they only offered it in the 250. black on white has always been a favorite of mine. black roof and grille collar (surround) would be nice accents. maybe even black pearl emblems...or even plastidip the rear emblems black. if you wanted to go more in depth and was a fan of carbon fiber: hood, front splitter or lip, rear diffuser and/or spoiler would be SICK! as far as exhausts, I love my joe z and have a cat back. an axel back would be a great purchase too if you didn't want the whole system. it has a higher db level compared to the f sport, tenabe and magnaflow axel backs. congrats on your car! have fun with it.
Old 05-28-15, 12:08 PM
etai9
Driver

Originally Posted by cp2
I really like the crafted line, but wasn't too happy when I found out that they only offered it in the 250. black on white has always been a favorite of mine. black roof and grille collar (surround) would be nice accents. maybe even black pearl emblems...or even plastidip the rear emblems black. if you wanted to go more in depth and was a fan of carbon fiber: hood, front splitter or lip, rear diffuser and/or spoiler would be SICK! as far as exhausts, I love my joe z and have a cat back. an axel back would be a great purchase too if you didn't want the whole system. it has a higher db level compared to the f sport, tenabe and magnaflow axel backs. congrats on your car! have fun with it.
Yeah neither was I but i don't really need it. I have a subaru when i feel like driving fast lol. Yeah I know I'm going to get the roof done soon. Ive look at some carbon things, wasn't really a big fan. Yeah, I think id probably be going with the Joe Z axle back if not that ill just stay stock.Thank you!!
Old 05-28-15, 12:16 PM
etai9
Driver

Question for you Corrado, I want to get spacers for my car. Where did you order yours? Maybe 5mm all around? any recommendations? Also lowered my car today.

Old 05-28-15, 01:32 PM
airchina
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey etai9,

I have spacers of 20mm all around my car with RSR super down. To me it looks perfect for the fitment. The spacers I used are Akata Spacers

Old 05-28-15, 06:03 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

etai9, I got my 5mm spacers at a local car parts store. You can get them on amazon, eBay, etc. This sized spacer is the max limit to have a safe min 7-8 turns of the nuts on the stock lugs. I didn't want larger spacers due to some horror stories on mostly civics, integras of the past cracking off, but to my knowledge not sure about the present on 3IS cars.

Airchina, looks perfectly flush.
Old 06-01-15, 12:36 PM
CRFTD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clean Crafted IS! Had mine for several months now and It's nice to finally see how it will look like lowered. Drop looks good just need some spacers like you mentioned.

Check this thread out
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...port-rims.html
Old 06-09-15, 10:46 PM
etai9
Driver

Default Mods

Wheels : Avant Garde M510. 19x8.5 et 35 19x9.5 et 40 225/35 F 265/30 R.
Attached Thumbnails IS250 F-Sport Crafted Line Build-img_7605-1.jpg   IS250 F-Sport Crafted Line Build-img_7608-1.jpg   IS250 F-Sport Crafted Line Build-img_7621-1.jpg   IS250 F-Sport Crafted Line Build-img_7632-2.jpg   IS250 F-Sport Crafted Line Build-img_7634-2.jpg  

Old 06-10-15, 03:21 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 273 Likes on 173 Posts

Wow the crafted line is truly unique, you're lucky to have one! Keep the mods coming!

-Josh
Old 06-11-15, 11:23 AM
sdotk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheels looking solid, great choice!
Old 06-13-15, 05:11 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by etai9
Wheels : Avant Garde M510. 19x8.5 et 35 19x9.5 et 40 225/35 F 265/30 R.
Great match of the wheels to the rest of the Crafted Line gloss black trim. Vinyl roof next?
Old 06-14-15, 11:09 PM
etai9
Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Great match of the wheels to the rest of the Crafted Line gloss black trim. Vinyl roof next?
Still debating! Don't know if I like it that much. Wanting to do an axle back for the next mod!

Quick Reply: IS250 F-Sport Crafted Line Build