Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Resonator Deleted Today:)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-15, 01:34 AM
Brands
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Resonator Deleted Today:)

Hey club lex members i just got my resonator removed and i have a video to show you. i like how it sounds and all but theres this weird sound after i rev kind like a popping noise or something idk but I'm sure you'll notice. if you have any ideas lmk, and if i have nothing to worry about then thanks haha

Old 04-18-15, 07:58 AM
jtsimaras
Rookie

Sounds awesome I should of did this instead of buying an axleback. I wouldn't worry about the pop sounds normal. I kind of wish mine would pop more.
Old 04-18-15, 09:48 AM
Brands
Rookie

Originally Posted by jtsimaras
Sounds awesome I should of did this instead of buying an axleback. I wouldn't worry about the pop sounds normal. I kind of wish mine would pop more.
You should get it done. What kinda axleback you got? You should YouTube it I've heard a few and they all sound pretty great
Old 04-18-15, 08:27 PM
jtsimaras
Rookie

Originally Posted by Brands
You should get it done. What kinda axleback you got? You should YouTube it I've heard a few and they all sound pretty great
I'm running a magnaflow I will record soon here. I'm running a k and n intake as well sounds pretty nice. These cars are surprisingly quick, I thought they were nothing fast until I took mine for a test drive. I took a 5.0 mustang gt at the lights today from 0-70 mph we were neck to neck --- im sure if we kept going he would of pulled away but I didn't want to speed
Old 04-20-15, 09:43 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Brands
Hey club lex members i just got my resonator removed and i have a video to show you. i like how it sounds and all but theres this weird sound after i rev kind like a popping noise or something idk but I'm sure you'll notice. if you have any ideas lmk, and if i have nothing to worry about then thanks haha

2006 IS350 Res Delete - YouTube
Sweet! Good to see you went with a resonator delete. I remember when I first deleted mine I was disappointed because I couldn't really hear a difference at first. But for some odd reason after a few days it became more and more noticeable to me how the sound had actually changed, and now I'm glad I did it. Especially for just 40 bucks lol

I also have the intake box from the f sport intake that I bought from sewell when they used to be open online. I got it for like 60 bucks and the install was super easy. Now when i rev my car past 3k rpm it let's out a nice growl that I just love to hear, too bad my mpg's are suffering for those revs though lol.

I recommend you give the intake box or even the full f sport intake a shot, or just cut a whole and probably shave the fins on the box you already have. (Assuming you don't have an intake that is)
Old 04-20-15, 10:13 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like it's back firing
Old 04-20-15, 04:05 PM
JustBrosy
Driver School Candidate

Sounds nice! Going to add any aftermarket mufflers?
Old 04-20-15, 04:36 PM
Brands
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tro209
Sweet! Good to see you went with a resonator delete. I remember when I first deleted mine I was disappointed because I couldn't really hear a difference at first. But for some odd reason after a few days it became more and more noticeable to me how the sound had actually changed, and now I'm glad I did it. Especially for just 40 bucks lol

I also have the intake box from the f sport intake that I bought from sewell when they used to be open online. I got it for like 60 bucks and the install was super easy. Now when i rev my car past 3k rpm it let's out a nice growl that I just love to hear, too bad my mpg's are suffering for those revs though lol.

I recommend you give the intake box or even the full f sport intake a shot, or just cut a whole and probably shave the fins on the box you already have. (Assuming you don't have an intake that is)
thanks bro! lol I've been spending a lot on gas $$$ cuz ive been reving since i got it lol. yea i know mines around 2-3k rpm. i have a AEM Automaticly Tuned Cold Air Intake. i wanted to pay the extraa money for it cuz i haven't seen it on anyone else lex and I'm trying to make mine different from the rest lol.
Old 04-20-15, 04:37 PM
Brands
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Sounds like it's back firing
yea i know I'm still pretty worried
Old 04-20-15, 04:39 PM
Brands
Rookie

Originally Posted by JustBrosy
Sounds nice! Going to add any aftermarket mufflers?
yea i have invidia miss on the way they're or backorder atm. then i want to switch out all the remaining pipes to 2.5" pipes and get the HKS Hi Power exhaust. I'm thinking of getting so electric exhaust cutouts to just in case it gets too loud
Old 04-22-15, 09:40 AM
zoisi
Driver School Candidate

Sounds good
Old 04-23-15, 09:56 AM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a clunking noise when you take your foot off the gas.
Old 04-23-15, 11:17 AM
Brands
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ants250
Sounds like a clunking noise when you take your foot off the gas.
Backfiring
Old 04-28-15, 12:20 PM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a true dual set up with a X pipe where the resonators used to be. The pop is much louder and pronounced on mine. If I had to guess, It's one bank scavenging off the other when coming together.
Old 04-30-15, 10:59 PM
JustBrosy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by skyshadow
I have a true dual set up with a X pipe where the resonators used to be. The pop is much louder and pronounced on mine. If I had to guess, It's one bank scavenging off the other when coming together.
Same set-up here into invidia mufflers and the pop is loud. Friends said they love the way the pop sounds and I do too!

Quick Reply: Resonator Deleted Today:)