Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1GS owner vehicles

New 1st Gen Owner!! (trackmkiii build thread)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-14, 05:30 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by saiko2j
which header did u go w??

pix please when instaled ect..
Its just a generic Supra 2JZ NA header from ebay. I plan to send the header off to be ceramic coated to improve its strength and performance. I also plan to have an extra 02 bung installed so I can add a wideband 02 sensor. When it finally gets here I will post pics.
Old 04-26-14, 05:16 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Super excited today!! I found a GS300 in the junkyard that had window trim pieces that were in great shape. I bought both for less than $25. Once I got them back to the shop I reinforced the metal frame with some industrial strength apoxy so hopefully these will never break. I installed the passenger side this afternoon and the reduction of wind noise is amazing. I will install the driver's side on monday. This may not seem very amazing but I was just about to break down and order them from Lexus which would have cost almost $800. Awesome find at the junkyard!
Old 04-26-14, 05:20 PM
MyGS3
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRACKMKIII
Super excited today!! I found a GS300 in the junkyard that had window trim pieces that were in great shape. I bought both for less than $25. Once I got them back to the shop I reinforced the metal frame with some industrial strength apoxy so hopefully these will never break. I installed the passenger side this afternoon and the reduction of wind noise is amazing. I will install the driver's side on monday. This may not seem very amazing but I was just about to break down and order them from Lexus which would have cost almost $800. Awesome find at the junkyard!
Awesome!! I'm excited for you. Do you remember if the car had a working cup holder? I need one.
Old 04-26-14, 06:12 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Unfortunately it was no good. I am looking for one too!
Old 04-28-14, 09:08 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

I also need the entire left side window trim pieces Your car looks like a great project! I am pretty happy that there are a lot of supra guys/enthusiasts wanting to build these sick 1st gens like me! Gotta represent in force lol.
Old 04-29-14, 07:06 AM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by joewitafro
I also need the entire left side window trim pieces Your car looks like a great project! I am pretty happy that there are a lot of supra guys/enthusiasts wanting to build these sick 1st gens like me! Gotta represent in force lol.
Thank you very much! I had been looking for a while and I was extremely lucky to find those trim pieces. I always stop buy local junkyards so if I find some more I will let you know. Yeah alot pf Supra guy seem to like the GS, I guess because its an easy transition since the cars share some things.
Old 04-30-14, 11:28 PM
dtbaker
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Please tell me about sanding lights with 600 grit and clear-coat...Are you talking headlamps? Fogs?

Is this instead of "buffing" kits?

Nice ride, SELL ME YOUR WHEELS! I WANT TO BUY THEM>
Old 05-01-14, 03:59 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dtbaker
Hi, Please tell me about sanding lights with 600 grit and clear-coat...Are you talking headlamps? Fogs?

Is this instead of "buffing" kits?

Nice ride, SELL ME YOUR WHEELS! I WANT TO BUY THEM>
Thank you very much.
I can do a small write up if you want me too but the process is pretty much goes how I described it earlier. I just did it on the headlights, if I am not mistaken the fog light lenses are made of glass so it would probably take a different process to clean those up. As far as my wheels I really like them too but I just wish they were larger so I could fit the Supra brakes behind them and get a wider contact patch. I plan to order a set of XXRs within the next month so if you really want them PM me an offer for them.
Old 05-01-14, 06:29 PM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Ha awesome I'm going with XXR too lol

New 1st Gen Owner!! (trackmkiii build thread)-forumrunner_20140501_212936.png
Old 05-01-14, 09:00 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

I also went with XXR's ... And trust, i beat the FK out of them without any issues so far. I do not hit pot holes or curbs though.
Old 05-02-14, 08:55 AM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

I like the XXR 526s!! So is sexy!!
Attached Thumbnails New 1st Gen Owner!! (trackmkiii build thread)-526-800px.jpg  
Old 05-02-14, 10:23 AM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Just got a set of Aristo tails. The silver paint on the Aristo badge and the line the goes around the outside is chipping so I need to find a way to touch it up. I also thought about having them smoked. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails New 1st Gen Owner!! (trackmkiii build thread)-forumrunner_20140502_131526.png  
Old 05-02-14, 12:46 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Here are a few pics if my intake setup. I just used the intake pipe from Injen and kept the stock air box and ducting in place. I used a K&N drop in panel filter. I figured I would do it like this since the stock air box sucks cool air from the front of the car. The only problems I can see now is the intake tube getting hot because it runs over the exhaust manifold, but I have a remedy coming for that. The second problem ,which isn't a real problem, is that I don't get any of the snarl or growling noise that you get from most intake systems since I am using the stock intake box. Overall I am very pleased with this setup. It by no means makes this car fast but it does make things more lively further up in the rpm range and throttle response is much better when I first start off or when I move to pass on the highway. As far as gas mileage improvement I can't really say because 1. I never really paid attention before I installed plus I have an exhaust leak close to an oxygen sensor so probably wasn't giving me the best mileage possible and 2. I have been enjoying the extra liveliness so my foot has been in it a little more than usuall, but I am guessing it was in the 18-20 mpg range. Next time I fill up I will pay closer attention and post what I get. Thats it for now!
Attached Thumbnails New 1st Gen Owner!! (trackmkiii build thread)-forumrunner_20140502_151216.png   New 1st Gen Owner!! (trackmkiii build thread)-forumrunner_20140502_151234.png   New 1st Gen Owner!! (trackmkiii build thread)-forumrunner_20140502_151248.png  
Old 05-03-14, 12:30 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

I went from 22 mpg highway at 70 mph to 27 mpg at 70 after my intake but that's after I redid my computer lol
Old 05-03-14, 04:23 AM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Wow thats a pretty good jump in mpg. What do you mean "redid" your computer?

Quick Reply: New 1st Gen Owner!! (trackmkiii build thread)