Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

York Mills Automotive - DO NOT go there for pearl paint work - UPDATE VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-16, 11:29 AM
usando
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default York Mills Automotive - DO NOT go there for pearl paint work - UPDATE VIDEO

CAN'T BLEND PEARL WHITE.

NEVER TAKE YOUR PAINT JOB TO THESE GUYS.

Seeing is believing. Check out my video of their shotty work:

Lexus CT200h was painted 2 times by them and came out like a rattle can job. Showed the owner and he yelled at me. Literally said "I'm fed up with you". Son was no better. Said they are "not a factory". "Pearl can not be matched perfectly".

FIRST TIME
First time they painted the bumper and didn't paint up to the edge. Left a wide band of popcorn pattern white/gray at the edge. Are you kidding? You thought no one could see this?

SECOND TIME
Second time they did the right thing and blended the new bumper paint into the quarter panels. Except you can see a speckled pattern now in the quarters because they don't know how to blend the white. Showed them and they gave me all kinds of excuses. Owner's son wouldn't even look at it. Just yelled at me. When I pointed out the speckled pattern the owner swore up and down that "There is no paint there. Only clearcoat." AFAIK clear coat is invisible. If I see white dots then it's not clearcoat. You can judge for yourself.

I called my insurance company so I'm waiting to see what they do. Any one have experience with insurance claims when the shop does bad work?
Attached Thumbnails York Mills Automotive - DO NOT go there for pearl paint work - UPDATE VIDEO-rear-left-is-trunk-door-right-is-quarter-panel.jpg   York Mills Automotive - DO NOT go there for pearl paint work - UPDATE VIDEO-driver-close-up-of-quarter-panel-at-window-level.jpg   York Mills Automotive - DO NOT go there for pearl paint work - UPDATE VIDEO-driver-left-is-door-right-is-quarter-panel-speckled-paint-all-along-the-gap.jpg   York Mills Automotive - DO NOT go there for pearl paint work - UPDATE VIDEO-passenger-left-side-is-quarter-panel-right-side-is-door.jpg  
Old 11-04-16, 04:21 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I took one of my past cars to Maaco back in California to get the bumper re-sprayed.

Apparently they didn't not take off the bumper to repaint it.

I discovered this later on when another shop painted the bumper and noticed the crappy job.

Best advice I can offer is to research the body-shop very carefully.

Reading the reviews on yelp, I wouldn't let them paint my lawn mower.