RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Nokia E63 Bluetooth Pairing Problem with RX350

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-09, 05:14 AM
lesesq
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nokia E63 Bluetooth Pairing Problem with RX350

I have a new Nokia E63 phone with Bluetooth 2.0 and a new 2010 RX350. Each is wonderful on its own. However, I can't get them to pair successfully.

I've emailed Nokia for a solution and they said talk to Lexus, or get a new "device" that's compatible (which would be a new car). I talked with Lexus and they said get a new phone that's compatible. Neither is a good solution for me. Better would be for Lexus and Nokia to solve the problem, which probably involves a firmware update from one or both.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem and found a solution? Any solutions, or other suggestions on how to get Lexus to promptly address the issue (I've already talked to the dealer and to Lexus customer assistance).

The specific problem is that I can get the phone and RX to pair temporarily (I have the non-navigation RX). However, when I turn off the car and come back, the two do not remain paired. The car system says "no connection." The phone says it's connected to the car, then a fraction of a second later says "disconnected."

Thanks for this informative forum and your thoughts.

Les
Old 06-05-09, 05:39 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar problem with my 2nd Gen 2007 RX. I can Pair the phone (a Dualsim Slider) but cannot make calls (can receive them) either through the phone or the Car while connected via Bluetooth.

Dualsim have been good and have conducted a lot of tests and say that it's the Lexus (the phone works fine with every other BT device I have) and Lexus (Dealer) say the phone is incompatible.

I'm about to give Lexus Australia a gee up as this is unacceptable.
Old 09-26-09, 02:28 PM
keithanzel
Driver School Candidate

I have the exact same issue. Have you figured out a fix?
Old 09-26-09, 04:33 PM
lesesq
Driver School Candidate

In a word, no.

I have talked to the dealer, demonstrated the problem, they have talked to Lexus, I have talked to Lexus, I have talked to Nokia. All to no avail. Nokia blames Lexus, Lexus blames Nokia.

Please contact Lexus and let them know of your dissatisfaction with the problem. Maybe that will help bring about a solution.

I tried my phone with a 2009 RX, and it worked fine. Lexus made a change in 2010 in the car firmware that made it incompatible with our Nokia phone.

Les
Old 10-09-09, 06:00 AM
HaimK
Driver School Candidate

If there is a Single F*** up with the 2010 Models, it has to be the Bluetooth.
Lexus has a very short List of phones that will pair with the system.
Not a Single IPhone is on the list most of Nokia’s phone will not work or will only have a few functions.
Two out of my three phones will not pair up and they all did with my older Lexus.
I did talk to HQ and they told me to get another phone.
They do not even call it a problem; they use the words issues and concerns.
Hell, It’s a PROBLEM.

My Nokia E71 will not work at all and that is my Mobile Office
1 of my 2 Samsungs is working but not all functions.
Old 10-10-09, 09:09 AM
lesesq
Driver School Candidate

I've (again) reported this problem with cellphone pairing to my dealer and to Lexus.

Lexus support said "this is a characteristic of the vehicle."

I replied that to us owners, it's a defect.

Other owners should keep reporting this problem with the hope that Lexus will get the message.
Old 10-10-09, 07:31 PM
kitzula
Driver School Candidate

I ALSO have the pairing problem so that you cannot load your contacts. I have a 2010 RX350. I can make a phone connection but when you go to transfer contacts, it breaks your phone connection.

Has anyone found a workaround????

My phone is the Samsung Impression. Just got it....what a disappointment.

Last edited by kitzula; 10-10-09 at 07:32 PM. Reason: adding phone type.
Old 10-12-09, 11:33 AM
HaimK
Driver School Candidate

Tell it to Lexus - Make it Lexus's problem and not yours.
They have a very short list of phones, much shorter then any other Carmakers
NO IPhones on the list, only 2 Nokia, only 4 Blackberries, Are They for Real?

They should Stop Using Cover up Words such as, “characteristic of the vehicle”, “issues” or “concerns”. When a device is not working as Advertised, It is a Problem!
It should never me The Owners Problem but rather the Manufacturers Responsibility to FIX.

Shame on you Lexus, Is this a characteristic of the Lexus?

Keep bugging them, let people know, Post it on more websites. It’s the only way.
Old 03-01-12, 03:03 PM
gerenr
Driver School Candidate

Suggest posting our mobile phone experiences with RX-350.
1. Nokia 6131 worked reliably.. Also successfully used the RX 350 BT-Audio setup to connect this phone's media player to car sound system. Could not transfer contacts.
2. Blackberry 8220 worked. Only needed to pair phone with auto one time and both telephone and media player worked. Unfortunately, the Blue Tooth function of telephone "died" and had to get new phone. Did not try to transfer contacts
3. Nokia 7020 connects for hands free phone service, but cannot get the media player of phone to pair with auto sound system. Cannot transfer contacts from phone to auto.
4. Nokia C3-00 also connects for hands free phone service but cannot get the media player of phone to pair with auto sound system. Cannot transfer contacts from phone to auto.