Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Here was the thread about the cooling seat issues

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...ml#post9182911
Old 04-18-16, 06:37 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kymbakitty
There are many cars where this is not the case--it is MUCH worse than just being a weak system.

When the cooling feature is turned on, HOT air is literally piped through the seats. I know this sounds utterly ridiculous, but one guy went to a tremendous about of work and energy to prove this issue. The car had cold air blasting (cabin was probably 68) and he measured ambient temperature at various locations that were pumping out hot air at 80 degrees.

This is not the case for all these cars, but there is a thread that has many posts from owners all over the globe (not just F sport) that this is an issue.

I wish mine was just "weak."

Dawn
I was that guy that did the video showing that there is one section, towards the top of the seat where the temperature is quite warmer that the rest. With that being said during the Winter the seat heaters worked very well, and now that it is getting hotter in Phoenix the seat ventilation with AC on LO is quite nice even with that one warmer section.

Everyone has to understand that the seat ventilation is only blowing around the ambient air that is in your car as there is no direct AC duct blowing cold air up your tuckas. The colder the ambient air the cooler the seat feels.
Old 04-18-16, 08:34 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good to know....

Originally Posted by GearHead69
I was that guy that did the video showing that there is one section, towards the top of the seat where the temperature is quite warmer that the rest. With that being said during the Winter the seat heaters worked very well, and now that it is getting hotter in Phoenix the seat ventilation with AC on LO is quite nice even with that one warmer section.

Everyone has to understand that the seat ventilation is only blowing around the ambient air that is in your car as there is no direct AC duct blowing cold air up your tuckas. The colder the ambient air the cooler the seat feels.

So you are all good now? You are happy with the outcome?

I understand that the seat ventilation is only blowing.....blah, blah, blah. But that doesn't detract from the facts of this feature (that it actually blows out HOT AIR). You were quite vocal and quite helpful I might add, but it seems that you are satisfied now with the explanation.

There are so many other cars that have this feature--sans the hot air blowing out as well. I did see an article that was written on this car re: this feature--it was kind. It basically said, "the feature does not work as intended."

I'm okay with it too. I just don't use the feature. Not a deal breaker. I didn't buy it because of that feature, just kind of bummed that it does not work as intended.

Old 04-25-16, 04:14 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I never wasn't good, and I've leaned to just accept it. The seat works, and gets cold enough as long as I don't park it outside when it is over 110 degrees. Even in the parking garage sitting all day it gets hot inside so I pre-start the car to get it cooled down so I don't notice it as much when I leave.

After reading about the fan in the bottom of the seat it made more sense about how it works, and why it does what it does.

Old 01-05-17, 01:31 PM
beatlepd
Driver School Candidate

The heated seats I had in my 2008 ISF and 2013 LS F Sport were amazing. The cooled seats in the LS were average (my sister's Hyundai was way better and I could feel my bum get cold). My 2016 GSF's heated seats are bad -- I can barely feel anything when it's on the highest setting. Also, my heating in general seems to be average compared to my prior cars. When I have my heat turned up on HI and full blast, I still don't think it's pumping it out hot air like it should. I drive in ECO mode quite a bit so wondering if that's creating the issues on both the seats and the overall A/C? If I drive in Normal mode, should I expect better outputs on the seats and A/C?
Old 01-12-17, 10:23 AM
RiverBend
Driver School Candidate

The heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel work great on my RC350. I use them just about everyday when it's cold. Havn't had the car long enough yet to test out the summer heat.
Old 01-13-17, 12:09 PM
thebigos1
Driver School Candidate

I find the heated seats in the RC350 F sport very weak. They take forever to warm up and they never get hot. My GF comments all the time how long it takes. Her Mazda CX5 seats get much hotter quicker. My old Acura RSX was better than the RC. The steering wheel heater works very well.
Old 01-29-17, 04:37 PM
greasefin
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

My previous car was an Infiniti G37 and the heated seats worked great. When it was below freezing outside I would use them for 15 min and have to turn them off as it got too warm. In my RC350 F-Sport, I can barely feel any heat at all. The cooling works great, however. I complained about the heating during my 5K service, and the dealer said that they measured it and that it worked properly