RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Question about heated seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-16, 04:20 PM
legion455
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about heated seats

I have an RC300 F-Sport. In the manual, reading about the heated seats, .. you would think that if the heated seats were on, when you stopped the car and turned it off, ... they would be off when you started the car again (this is how our Cadillac CTS Coupe was) .... but on the RC, the heated seats come back on to their previous setting when you turn the car back on.

Could someone verify that this is the case?

thanks
Legion
Old 04-13-16, 04:42 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes that is the case, and same thing happens when you have it set for cooling.

Peter
Old 04-14-16, 07:50 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Off topic question. Does your heated/cooled seats work? In my rcf I can barely feel it. The dealer said its the seats. Just want to confirm with regular RC owners. Thanks
Old 04-14-16, 08:03 PM
legion455
Driver School Candidate

IN our RC300, the seats "heating" and "cooling" work great. Turn on the cooling, and you'll start to feel it within a minute. Ditto for heat.
Old 04-14-16, 08:09 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Alright thanks. Guess the sport racing seats are extra padded. Lexus should have installed heavy duty ones instead
Old 04-14-16, 09:04 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Off topic question. Does your heated/cooled seats work? In my rcf I can barely feel it. The dealer said its the seats. Just want to confirm with regular RC owners. Thanks
Feel it very well!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-15-16, 07:48 AM
nelson143
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't feel a thing on my RCF as well. The heat works better than the cold but marginally.
Old 04-15-16, 08:21 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

There is an earlier thread (months ago) that was very informative about the cooling feature in these cars. There are many of these cars where not only does the cooling feature not work, but it generates HOT air. One owner measured the temperature and it was 80 degrees. It's ridiculous. But I would imagine it would take YEARS for Lexus to 1) acknowledge the problem, let alone 2) provide a fix.

So for now, I am just not using it or not letting anyone else use it, for no other reason than I am embarrassed that such an expensive car has such a faulty option. They have other models where this feature works amazingly...so it's not new.

:/
Old 04-15-16, 08:54 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

When I complained to the service advisor, he put a plastic seat cover/liner over the seat just to show me the cooling feature works. Obviously I'm not the only one complained. It took a good 30 sec before it inflated half way, his only explaination is the racing seats are very thick. Lexus needs to cater and customize higher model/trim cars with more advanced parts, case in point the GSF which copies the engine and interior of RCF completely. And they are wondering why it's not selling for the rediculous sticker price
Old 04-15-16, 09:47 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default This isn't that....

When I complained to the service advisor, he put a plastic seat cover/liner over the seat just to show me the cooling feature works. Obviously I'm not the only one complained. It took a good 30 sec before it inflated half way, his only explaination is the racing seats are very thick. Lexus needs to cater and customize higher model/trim cars with more advanced parts, case in point the GSF which copies the engine and interior of RCF completely. And they are wondering why it's not selling for the rediculous sticker price

There are many cars where this is not the case--it is MUCH worse than just being a weak system.

When the cooling feature is turned on, HOT air is literally piped through the seats. I know this sounds utterly ridiculous, but one guy went to a tremendous about of work and energy to prove this issue. The car had cold air blasting (cabin was probably 68) and he measured ambient temperature at various locations that were pumping out hot air at 80 degrees.

This is not the case for all these cars, but there is a thread that has many posts from owners all over the globe (not just F sport) that this is an issue.

I wish mine was just "weak."

Dawn
Old 04-15-16, 09:55 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

my heated seats in the RCF are very weak, do not feel them at all,

the cooled system I feel, it works the same as several other cars I have driven, basically blowing air across your back, if you are sweaty from sitting in the faux leather seats the air does provide a cooling sensation as it is blowing air across a wet sweaty shirt.

I wish the heated seats worked better and I also wish it was the seat back as well as the seat bottom, I prefer the heated seats not for heating my ***, but for heating my stiff and sore back, which tends to get stiff and sore sitting in a car for long drive.
Old 04-15-16, 11:42 AM
radcoupe
Driver

I can attest that the cooled seat function is worthless and useless. I gave up on it. There's no point in turning it on. I can't feel anything.
Old 04-15-16, 12:12 PM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

On my RC350 with standard seats, the heaters are quite toasty and the cooling button blows cold air on my tuckas that is quite noticeable and, I must say, most enjoyable.
Maybe it's your flannel drawers. Try commando.
Old 04-15-16, 12:25 PM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default Awesome!

Originally Posted by tfischer
On my RC350 with standard seats, the heaters are quite toasty and the cooling button blows cold air on my tuckas that is quite noticeable and, I must say, most enjoyable.
Maybe it's your flannel drawers. Try commando.

Not all cars had this issue. There has to be thousands that were not affected.

Old 04-15-16, 02:55 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

i actually like it that it remembers.

Quick Reply: Question about heated seats