Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300 > Performance & Maintenance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1JZ Soarer and MKIV TT PS reservoirs the same?

Old 06-23-14, 06:55 PM   #1
KahnBB6
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)

Default 1JZ Soarer and MKIV TT PS reservoirs the same?

Forgive me if this has been addressed before.

I picked up an MKIV TT power steering reservoir some months ago as part of my GTE swap. I just took it out to check fitment today and I noticed a couple of things:

1) The factory horn seems to be in the way. I could just relocate it but is there a different horn that Soarer 1JZ's use due to the PS reservoir being in that location?

2) I've looked at many pictures of 1JZ SC swaps and I am beginning to think that the MKIV Supra reservoir is different because it doesn't seem to readily fit in the same way as I see with 1JZ swaps.

3) This is making me think that the shock tower shells are different between the SC/Soarer and MKIV Supra

The part I have just doesn't seem to be the right thing for this car. Should I be using a 1JZ Soarer PS reservoir or, as a second best, an SC400 PS reservoir?

Thanks all!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 06-25-14, 02:17 AM   #2
KahnBB6
Lexus Champion

Anyone with a 1JZ swap care to comment on this one?
Old 06-26-14, 06:22 PM   #3
Toyboxx
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)

OneJayPowered

I actually have a 1JZ Soarer PS Reservoir for sale if you need one. I ended up using it for 1JZ Soarer swap and it was fine, but I have since parted the car and setup.

'93 Lexus SC300 Megan EZ StreetsPolished TT Supra WheelsSoarer 1JZGTE R154 Swap SOLD

Current: 2008 Honda Civic Lowered & Stuff

Modifying is cars is more than just throwing on a bunch of random parts, it's a form of art, a vehicular sculpture
Toyboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-14, 06:44 PM   #4
KahnBB6
Lexus Champion

Toyboxx, do you have a picture of your 1JZ Soarer PS reservoir handy? I might be interested but I want to compare it to the MKIV TT PS reservoir I have first. I found a thread just yesterday detailing how someone used it on an SC GTE swap but from the look of it he had to bend the mounting points to do it to get a seemingly useless protrusion to fit between the shock tower and the fuse box. I have been wondering if the 1JZ Soarer reservoir has this second protrusion.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/4612909-post109.html <-- Refer to post #109 in that thread.
Old 08-09-14, 12:55 AM   #5
Kire
Driver
Trader Score: (5)

I also was looking in to this for my swap and after some research I've confirmed that both the TT and GE pumps or reservoirs should work for the 1JZ with some modification. Below are two threads confirming this. The CL one is more detailed:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-4...-1jz-swap.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiCk3 View Post
2JZ-GTE pump works, but with some modding the 2JZ-GE pump can work as well. Need to swap out the resivoir with the 1JZ feed fitting and remove the bracket off the back of it. Don't forget to replace the bolts in the back otherwise the pump will leak...trust me, i know
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...=1#post4889439
Kire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-14, 02:38 AM   #6
KahnBB6
Lexus Champion

^^ Yep. The pumps are nearly identical. You have to buy a nipple from Toyota when you remove the GE reservoir.

It's just that I have an MKIV TT PS reservoir in my possession and it did not appear to just fit in place as you'd expect it to. This led me to investigate whether or not the 1JZ Soarer reservoir did in fact have different mounting points. I still don't have an answer to my query but I'm sure I can make the TT reservoir fit.

It seems you have to remove the little thing that looks like a horn (from the SC shock tower) and bend the metal of the TT PS reservoir around the shock tower to mount it. Rubber bushings seem to be needed but I haven't been able to source those. I was able to source the OEM bolts for the correct length and size.
Old 08-09-14, 02:38 AM