NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)
View Poll Results: What will your approach be when negotiating the deal on the new NX?
Negotiate a cost reduction from the MSRP or lease/finance rate
15.79%
Negotiate a reduced or zero cost for standalone options, accessories or extended warranty
26.32%
Negotiate both above
36.84%
Forget any negotiating. I expect to pay pull price
21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Negotiation Strategy - Cost Reduction or Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-14, 05:54 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Question Negotiation Strategy - Cost Reduction or Accessories

With the high demand for the NX in the foreseeable future, what will be your strategy and expectations when negotiating the purchase of the new NX?
Attached Thumbnails Negotiation Strategy - Cost Reduction or Accessories-2015-lexus-nx-300h-front-three-quarter-view-2.jpg  
Old 10-26-14, 06:14 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

So I'll kick it off and hopefully gives folks ideas and vice versa for me, I learn from you too!

No guarantees and my expectations are conservative, but I will be negotiating both cost and accessories/options.

1. My RX trade-in value to be higher than the lease buyout since I have very low mileage.

2. Loyalty rebate (shouldn't be too hard since my dealer is good with me on that) in the form of cash discount or lease rate rebate

3. Accessories:
- Wallet Key card (so convenient with the RX, I'm spoiled and want that thrown in)
- TPMS sensors, install, and programming (for set of new rims/tires)
- Rear cargo net (not sure yet if this is standard equipment like it is with the RX here in Canada)
- Not sure, but considering: Clear front protection film, rear bumper protection film, dealer sealer, front window tints
Attached Thumbnails Negotiation Strategy - Cost Reduction or Accessories-20080908-002500-9.jpg   Negotiation Strategy - Cost Reduction or Accessories-rx10cn300px.jpg  
Old 10-26-14, 09:14 AM
jrc
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi
First post but have been lurking for months!
I just put down $500 on my dealers first F-Sport White/Rioja Red
I don't even know the final price yet!
It has arrived at port and will be at dealer next week or early the following week...
I was talking to my sales guy and he mentioned the stack of contact info on interested people and I decided to lock it down with the first deposit they have received. I was surprised that they had one arriving so soon as I was expecting it to be sometime in November! I have the build sheet and options and vin number but no pricing!
Jeff

Negotiation Strategy - Cost Reduction or Accessories-image.jpg
Old 10-27-14, 06:58 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the first 3-4 month, forget about negotiating on the NX. They wont budge because simply they can sell them at MSRP
Old 10-27-14, 07:01 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FastTags
For the first 3-4 month, forget about negotiating on the NX. They wont budge because simply they can sell them at MSRP
I remember when the '13 GS was out a week or two ,my dealer would only take $500 off the sticker and that was because
my son in law and I each bought a few vehicles from the dealer.
It will take some time on discounting if it sells well.
Old 10-28-14, 02:30 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will there be any benefit in the December to Remember annual sales event? It is 1 month after release this year so maybe there will be special financing deals? I think there is another sales event in July. I wonder if that event will produce better deals then you can negotiate on your own.

Lastly, some companies offer auto show discounts the month of the Detroit or NY Auto Shows. Detroit is in January and NY is April. If you can hold out to April this may produce a deal.

For those rushing to buy, you may not see a deal until the Spring. Also, many new cars get recalled 6 months after release for issues that are learned that were not found in testing.
Old 10-28-14, 07:59 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 409 Likes on 282 Posts

It's all about supply and demand. If I were a dealer, I would command what the market will bear, including junk fees and low-intrinsic-value-high-retail-cost after factory options. That being said, within a year the bloom will be off the rose and I suspect these vehicles will negotiate down to whatever the competition can get. And I also suspect that attractive leases will become available, as the NX will have a good resale value (high residual). Also, with gas now below $3 in most places, the NX will be competing moreso with the RX as the quest for every last MPG is at least temporarily less of a concern.
Old 10-28-14, 10:28 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wildeklave
will there be any benefit in the December to Remember annual sales event? It is 1 month after release this year so maybe there will be special financing deals? I think there is another sales event in July. I wonder if that event will produce better deals then you can negotiate on your own.

Lastly, some companies offer auto show discounts the month of the Detroit or NY Auto Shows. Detroit is in January and NY is April. If you can hold out to April this may produce a deal.

For those rushing to buy, you may not see a deal until the Spring. Also, many new cars get recalled 6 months after release for issues that are learned that were not found in testing.
If you ask me, No, 1 moth after the release is not enough time for the new model to be reduced. it would be 3-4 month before you can truly negotiate, even then you wont be able to buy at Invoice, I am thinking $1000-1300 above Invoice is what you can expect.
Old 01-28-15, 01:11 PM
Mehul1456
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online Shopping and Email... really works!!!

I never even stepped into a dealership before I got the price I wanted. I shopped EVERY SINGLE dealership in the south and went back and forth with quotes and many refused to compete but there were a few that absolutely wanted my business and numbers were dropping like rocks!! Once I got a number i was happy with then (and only then) I went in person to negotiate even more.

I only shopped for NX with Nav and Premium Pkg with a number of other included options (from factory). They also threw in the Paint Protection Film and Dealer's "Ultimate Protection Pkg", (exterior and interior protection treatments w/ 7 yr warranty) The full MSRP (here in SE States) was over 45,000 + tax and fees for the vehicle as is from factory with the things they threw in.

I got it for 43,800 after tax and fees.My price was only hundreds over invoice. not thousands. Yes some refused to discount from MSRP but there is always at least 1 who will! Online shopping and email are amazing tools and allow us to find great deal with out ever burning a single drop of gas or seeing a single showroom. I only saw a showroom for a test drive and final negotiations.

Last edited by Mehul1456; 01-28-15 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-28-15, 04:54 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ Perseverance paid off. Nice deal, congrats!