Aux Port problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-12, 08:18 AM
ghwanee
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aux Port problem!!

Hello,

So I always use my aux port for music from my phone but now I cannot hear music from the front left speakers. I already tired adjusting the sound balance and I do not hear anything on the driver side speakers. The speakers clearly do work when I am using bluetooth and listening to radios. I'm thinking that there is something broken inside that is not connecting all the way to the aux cord. If that is the case, is it possible to replace the aux port?

Thank you in advance for your response.
Old 03-22-12, 08:38 AM
ydnandy
Pole Position

make sure that cable is pushed all the way into your phone and the port... also, try a different cable if you have one. I used to have a problem with my cable connection, where my phone case prevented it from sitting all the way into the output plug. I would get sound from only one side, but not both. If your cable is old, it could be bad.... the angle that it plugs into the aux adapter could have finally damaged the wires inside the cable.
Old 03-22-12, 09:00 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ghwanee
Hello,

So I always use my aux port for music from my phone but now I cannot hear music from the front left speakers. I already tired adjusting the sound balance and I do not hear anything on the driver side speakers. The speakers clearly do work when I am using bluetooth and listening to radios. I'm thinking that there is something broken inside that is not connecting all the way to the aux cord. If that is the case, is it possible to replace the aux port?

Thank you in advance for your response.
Either your cable isn't plugged in all the way or you are using a mono, not stereo, cable.
Old 03-22-12, 09:08 AM
Cheesewhiz
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use to have that problem with my 10' corolla and my 08 Sequoia. I changed my cables out and still had the problem. I found that it was the aux port. Not thrilled to hear that it is a problem on the Lexus too. If under warranty take it to get looked at.
The following users liked this post:
sNotM3 (12-23-22)
Old 03-22-12, 12:34 PM
ghwanee
Rookie

well the only problem is that I moved to germany and last time I checked the warranty does not cover outside of the north american region. And I have tried 3 different cables and they all do the same. They do not feel like they plug in all the way. If I wiggle the cable around a little bit, then I can hear the sound coming out of the driver side speakers and I need to keep it at certain angle. So I feel like it's the aux port itself. Is it possible to change out just the port? and if yes, how hard would it be?
Old 03-22-12, 03:06 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are using a normal "straight" cable then you may have a short in it where it connects to the aux port. There is very little clearance there...especially if you have the noise filter installed from the Aux Port TSB. Try either getting a right angle adapter or replacing the cable with one that has right angle ends on it like this one shown below. Good luck!

Name:  oYulY.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  4.7 KB

Last edited by Pnthrzrule; 03-22-12 at 03:07 PM. Reason: I wanted to insert the picture vs. just having a link to the picture!
Old 02-10-17, 10:59 AM
jbuck55
Driver School Candidate

Default AUX Port not working

I have got new cable and checked fuse and have this same problem. I can barely hear the music coming from my iphone to the car IF I turn up car volume 100%. Help?
Old 02-10-17, 12:01 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by jbuck55
I have got new cable and checked fuse and have this same problem. I can barely hear the music coming from my iphone to the car IF I turn up car volume 100%. Help?
You'll probably need to change the aux port as mentioned above, they go for about $90+ new. Most likely the contacts are going bad and not holding the cords in very well.

I've been having the same problem although it works fine unless I hit the cord near the socket and then it'll just play off one side until I try to adjust it again. Not a cable problem as I've went through 5 diff cables to isolate the issue. Haven't had the itch to just change the aux port yet since it works most of the time.