IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Does anybody elses dash have this problem???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-06, 05:01 PM
mike503
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after i did the nav hack i have a couple small issues... the top of the a/c vents doesn't meet the dash properly now - that's the main thing.

next time around i won't rush as much. still wondering if i should ask the dealer to fix it... i'm such an **** retentive bastard.
Old 08-28-06, 03:40 PM
david_s
Driver School Candidate

I too had the problem you mention below. I took it to my dealer and the service dept agreed that it should not be like that. Left it at the dealer for 3 days and when I picked it up the gap was gone. According to my service rep the console was installed crooked. They straightened it out and the gap is gone.

On a side note, I also had a bad rattle/vibration coming from one of the AC vents. They fixed that as well. I am very happy with my dealer and the whole Lexus "experience" at this point. A couple of weeks ago when I noticed these problems...not so happy.

Originally Posted by IS350spBLK
Ever since I got the car Ive noticed I could see throught the cracks in my dash. As you could see in the pictures on the left side of the NAV you could see the metal between the cracks. ANYONE else have this same problem??? Are they all made like this or should I take it to the dealer to get looked at???

Old 08-28-06, 03:49 PM
mike503
Driver School Candidate

outside 38F? man that's cold

thanks for the reply. sad thing is - the dealer replaced mine, but there's still a lip there. i'm thinking of possibly taking the AC unit out again, and trying to push down the dash so when the AC unit is put back in, it fits more snug. that's really the only thing i can think of, other than bugging them again about it.
Old 08-28-06, 03:56 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

this is off topic, but is it only me.. or in sunlight.. if u look closely at ur steering wheel, can you guys also see the indentations of where the plastic will open when the airbags come out? i was bored while in traffic one day and happen to notice this.. now whenever i look at my steering wheel it stands out and bothers me.
Old 08-28-06, 06:52 PM
david_s
Driver School Candidate

Ever since I got the car Ive noticed I could see throught the cracks in my dash. As you could see in the pictures on the left side of the NAV you could see the metal between the cracks. ANYONE else have this same problem??? Are they all made like this or should I take it to the dealer to get looked at???

Originally Posted by vApor21
this is off topic, but is it only me.. or in sunlight.. if u look closely at ur steering wheel, can you guys also see the indentations of where the plastic will open when the airbags come out? i was bored while in traffic one day and happen to notice this.. now whenever i look at my steering wheel it stands out and bothers me.
Haven't really noticed. But it's probably the same on everyone's.
Old 08-29-06, 03:01 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It definitely should not be normal, anyone had it fixed recently?
Old 08-29-06, 12:56 PM
IS350spBLK
Driver

Its been a little while, but when I took it in for the 5k the dealer told me thats as good as your going to get it and that was at lexus of Cherry Hill, NJ.
Then when I took my car in for a blown audio fuse to where I bought it, Thompson Lexus... I also mentioned the gap problem, and they said we'll look into it and give you a call, its been 2months now.

So for everyone that asked did Lexus resolve this problem that has been bothering me ever since I bought this 43k car, ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Also for those who had mentioed the cold weather being a factor... it was over 100 degrees this summer and the gaps stayed the same.
Old 08-29-06, 03:13 PM
david_s
Driver School Candidate

Its been a little while, but when I took it in for the 5k the dealer told me thats as good as your going to get it and that was at lexus of Cherry Hill, NJ.
Then when I took my car in for a blown audio fuse to where I bought it, Thompson Lexus... I also mentioned the gap problem, and they said we'll look into it and give you a call, its been 2months now.

So for everyone that asked did Lexus resolve this problem that has been bothering me ever since I bought this 43k car, ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Also for those who had mentioed the cold weather being a factor... it was over 100 degrees this summer and the gaps stayed the same.
Funny how the dealerships differ. My dealer said that it was not normal at all and had me schedule an appointment. The service manager even said it was a 20-30 minute fix. According to him there are some bolds that can be loosened and the console shifted into a better postion..then retightened. I can honestly attest to the fact that it worked.

My dealership is on the other side of the country though...Newport Beach, California. Would be a tough commute just to get that fixed..