GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

I Paid $500 & Now they ask for $200 more!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-09, 09:34 PM
Skitso-3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I Paid $500 & Now they ask for $200 more!

In february I took lexi to a electrical shop just to be safe and get it checked plus my speedometer didn't work at all & my alt. Wasn't giving a charge back to the battery! I repeatedly stated I just wanted them to check everything..kcuf it I just wanted everthing to work correctly no matter the price! I went over acouple other obvious things like door locks,fogs,etc! She was in the shop for two days and they called and they found the prob and it was a fuse that was melted and luckly just was wiring prob with speedometer!Then he hesistantly said it was goin to be $350 like he was throwing it out there but was scared of what I was gonna say! So im like alright as long as everything straight! And make sure he checked the fogs & he said alright! Then he calls me back like 2 hours later hesistantly saying " ok after going over everthing it's gonna come out 2 be $500!! And im still like ok just get it done( I didn't think it would be 5 but kcuf it!) So I pick her up the next day and everything seems to be working perfectly!

So like a month later here comes the b.s. 1st im just bangin the stock sub stuntin and I smell this burning plastic smell and it seemed 2 some from the radio bc the music stopped so I figured bad harness ok get a new 1 im about to hookup two 12' subs! Then last week I get off of work and I start her up and the speedometer isn't working so I turn her off and I start her up and it works but weird enough its beepin like the door is open but it isn't and I figured its really suppose 2 do that cause most cars do but it never did b4 and I go 2 adjust my seat and it won't move and I notice 1 of the buttons melted!! So I go 2 roll my windows down and the don't work!! Not even the sunroof!! So im pissed but im like ok..just chill out and turn on the A.C. And it didn't even work so had 2 drive home hot boxin in the car in 80° weather! I get off the freeway and the car starts putt putting and I have a 1/2 tank of gas! I hit the hazards and they don't even turn on and then car kinda slowly dies out while im pulling in! I call the shop and say wut the kcuf man! Everythings messed up and im towing it over! He calls me the next day and say he fixed it,just a fuse the was loose but the seats,radio, other things are connected to a relay and its gonna cost $200+ more!!

I feel im gettin pushed around and I wanna take it to small claims! I know some speedometer wires&bulbs, a melted fuse, and gettin the alt to charge the battery isn't 500! I was paying 500 for everything and it was very clear!
Old 04-27-09, 09:39 PM
vindedreal
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in ca theres laws about this, you can ask them to show you exactly what theyve done and what parts they bought and they have to show you the receipts , labor etc..
Old 04-27-09, 11:45 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Dude... honestly- was that even in English? I'd suggest if you'd like people to help you that you start with a clear and concise explanation of what the heck is going on.

You had the stock subs, then you hooked up two subs? Did you change the head unit? Add an amplifier? What did you do with the "harness" you spoke of? How much electrical tape was involved with the installation? Electrical tape is bad. If you added an amplifier, how was the power run and to where?

Sounds like an electrical issue
Old 04-27-09, 11:46 PM
gs300_94
Rookie

when ever i get work done, i always ask them to show me where the new parts are in the car, and tell them i want the old ones.
Old 04-28-09, 06:36 AM
Skitso-3
Pole Position

I started off by saying I (took my car) to a (electrical shop)....I was about to install the speaker box with dual 12' subs but my stock system stopped working! I later found out it wasn't the harness so I never changed the head unit or added the amp & subs cause it still would not work! I would ask 2 see a receipt and etc but I know they are gonna try and throw some bs over my head and make it seem like it adds up but ima save it 4 the judge! Im just stuck inbetween going and paying another shop 2 fix everything again & riding around with no sounds,power windows,power locks,and adjustable seats! Not having any sounds is driving me nuts!!
Old 04-28-09, 08:34 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

SMALL CLAIM COURT TIME!!! it sounds like they were just bendin you over and takin advantage of you really. especially since you want to fix everything they knew you wood pay. but i would take it 2 small claims court and c if you can have a lexus dealer fix it and the pay the cost. that way you can bend them over
that sucks that shops cant be honest about such things like this
Old 05-02-09, 01:59 PM
Skitso-3
Pole Position

Today the a/c & speedometer went out AGAIN and he just fixed it monday! I wish the guy was just honest and say I can temporarily fix it! So Im about 2 take it 2 court as soon as I pay off a couple of tickets and I spoke with a few ppl that went thru basically the same kind of issue where they paid 350 & when it was all said and done the came out of court gettin 3,500 back by stating they missed work(which I did), had 2 find a babysitter(which I did), and other things so wish me luck and if I come out with double or more look forward to seeing the Mike Jordan of gs300's! Im just wanted to ask you guys what are other things that I can bring up in court besides " I missed work" and " I had 2 pay a babysitter" that will rack up more doe? Im honest so I will only that those that apply but since im taking it that far y not have them compensate for anything that applied to the situation! Im also gonna state the AAA report even tho im a member but now I don't have anymore opportunitys 2 call them since I had it towed to the shop like 3 times and I think you get like 4 or 5 times to call them every year!(even tho they didn't state that when you sign up but that's another story!)
Old 05-04-09, 05:35 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

what about rental? or the headaches? maybe pyschological damage lol i dunno just some suggestions