GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

i need help! kinda

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-09, 11:41 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help! kinda

ok so i found out there are lights in the coin change/trash holders in the back seat. but mine is out and when i went to replace it nothing happened. wire issue or is there a fuse for those?

next question is i have a shallow 10" pioneer sub and kenwood dnx4120 maybe 5120 i forget exact model powered by a jl 4300 amp plus the two front stock speakers. but every now and then my deck shuts off and reboots plus my headlights will also go out. is this because of drawing to much from the alternator or what do you think?

question 3 when i get my coilovers in a couple weeks will they completely replace springs and struts or just struts? im new to this

final question the window visors if i buy them can i install them with tape above the trim so that way it hides the trim molding thats pulling off?

thank you guys in advance and i did buy the kit from jager or garage9 and its worked so far minus i screwed up one side but that was just my fault. anyway the trim kit WORKS WONDERS! i didnt expect it to help alot but it does
Old 10-07-09, 09:31 PM
Aristoman
Driver

Originally Posted by gs300cky
next question is i have a shallow 10" pioneer sub and kenwood dnx4120 maybe 5120 i forget exact model powered by a jl 4300 amp plus the two front stock speakers. but every now and then my deck shuts off and reboots plus my headlights will also go out. is this because of drawing to much from the alternator or what do you think?
this exact thing kept happening to my car yesterday.. i checked my battery and my negative terminal was loose so i tightened it and its been good so far
Old 10-08-09, 07:50 PM
AJ.STYLEZ
Driver

The window visors should come with the tape on them already, if you buy them brand new.
Old 10-12-09, 09:08 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

where do i buy them new? i saw the toyota sku on here one time but havent been able to find it since then. plus ebay only sells used ones atleast thats what i saw. and you were right my negative terminal was loose lol thanks!
Old 10-13-09, 07:15 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

ok so i found out there are lights in the coin change/trash holders in the back seat. but mine is out and when i went to replace it nothing happened. wire issue or is there a fuse for those?

question 3 when i get my coilovers in a couple weeks will they completely replace springs and struts or just struts? im new to this

final question the window visors if i buy them can i install them with tape above the trim so that way it hides the trim molding thats pulling off?

thank you guys in advance and i did buy the kit from jager or garage9 and its worked so far minus i screwed up one side but that was just my fault. anyway the trim kit WORKS WONDERS! i didnt expect it to help alot but it does
1) Sounds to me that your battery is going bad.Check the battery and the connections.

2) The coilovers will replace your existing struts if they are a complete unit that dont need the stock top hats.

3)If your buying used window visors, you have to use 3m tape that can be bought at home depot or any automotive paint store.The visors should be mounted on the actual trim and not above because it will not look right.If your trim looks bad, try to get a new or used one tat looks better and then install the visors correctly.
I have the same issue and Im trying to find a better looking one for my car.

Hope this clears up your questions.
Old 10-13-09, 08:15 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Cory it is so easy to change out the old suspension stuff you dont even have to take them apart on the car. are you going to use your toyota shop or are you trying to do it somewhere else. we could do it in my gerage if you dont have access to the lift and power stuff. It took me an afternoon in my gerage to get my new springs on with hand tools.
Old 10-13-09, 06:12 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

ya i may take you up on that or have u come to my "crib" cuz i have an air compressor if it makes any work easier. but ya i have to wait until after the 20th probably. mayve end of the month. ansd do it when the parentals are gone so i can surprise em
Old 10-14-09, 08:35 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

ya i may take you up on that or have u come to my "crib" cuz i have an air compressor if it makes any work easier. but ya i have to wait until after the 20th probably. mayve end of the month. ansd do it when the parentals are gone so i can surprise em
you can always bring it by my place and we can do it real discreet like. I am leaving to morrow for LA so i will be out of town till atleast monday the 19th. i also have an air compressor at work that i can bring home (smaller 10 gallon tank) but no power tools only hose.
Old 10-14-09, 05:47 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

ok sounds good i will let ya know when i get it all