VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

air solenoid location theory.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-13, 04:56 PM
Greg5OH
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have double bellows, so deifnitly alot of volume. at full dump im at 15 psi all around. I dont need it to hop up, but i mean i try to go up and it wont go to full height, you have to raise it till it stops, wait for tank to refill., then hit it again to go all teh way up.

i also cant go to ride height by pressing my preset. it will go to the set pressure, but it will still be way too low. i have to press max height (which doenst evne go to max..) then lower back down...

whats even more strange is i tr yto pump up just the front lets say, it get sto about 100 psi and wont go higher, even though the tank reads 125... if im holding the solenoid open it should equal out to be the same no?
Old 12-06-13, 05:25 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg5OH
i have double bellows, so deifnitly alot of volume. at full dump im at 15 psi all around. I dont need it to hop up, but i mean i try to go up and it wont go to full height, you have to raise it till it stops, wait for tank to refill., then hit it again to go all teh way up.

i also cant go to ride height by pressing my preset. it will go to the set pressure, but it will still be way too low. i have to press max height (which doenst evne go to max..) then lower back down...

whats even more strange is i tr yto pump up just the front lets say, it get sto about 100 psi and wont go higher, even though the tank reads 125... if im holding the solenoid open it should equal out to be the same no?
No because you have losses in the air line. Like the air line itself, fittings and the solenoid.
Old 12-06-13, 05:40 PM
Greg5OH
Lead Lap

indeed. what kind of bags u got Hilo? can you show me a video of you airing up?
And you run your tank at 150?
Old 12-06-13, 05:53 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Im on AirRunner. I have no vids of my car. Hardly have any good pics of it lol.
Old 12-06-13, 07:44 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HiloDB1
Im on AirRunner. I have no vids of my car. Hardly have any good pics of it lol.
so you paid Samson 6k for your kit and install lol
Old 12-06-13, 07:46 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

what type of bags are you running
Old 12-06-13, 08:27 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
so you paid Samson 6k for your kit and install lol
Actually I redid his install. Only reason I didnt do it myself the first time is I didnt have a garage or tools when I lived on that island. I just dont take many photos of my car or when I'm doing a build.

This setup I built myself. Tank I made, bent all the lines, made my own false floor, polished myself etc

Old 12-06-13, 08:37 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

I have seen your setup before and you did a great job I just find it funny how he get people to pay 9k with install for his set up
Old 12-06-13, 08:40 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

I have seen your setup before and you did a great job I just find it funny how he get people to pay 9k with install for his set up
I find it funny how you judge people without even knowing them
Old 12-07-13, 08:09 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

I find it funny how you judge people without even knowing them
I'm glad I can entertain you and it not judging facts are only the truth.
Old 12-07-13, 09:27 AM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually I redid his install. Only reason I didnt do it myself the first time is I didnt have a garage or tools when I lived on that island. I just dont take many photos of my car or when I'm doing a build.

This setup I built myself. Tank I made, bent all the lines, made my own false floor, polished myself etc

That is gorgeous, and the fact you DIY'd it makes it that much better haha. A quick question - Does the VU4 have inputs on both sides? I'm playing around with the idea of a dual tank setup (the relentless pursuit of symmetry) and would love to know if I could connect the tanks, individually, to the manifold.
Old 12-07-13, 11:43 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sc0pe
That is gorgeous, and the fact you DIY'd it makes it that much better haha. A quick question - Does the VU4 have inputs on both sides? I'm playing around with the idea of a dual tank setup (the relentless pursuit of symmetry) and would love to know if I could connect the tanks, individually, to the manifold.
the VU4 has two in ports and to out ports
Old 12-07-13, 02:34 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the VU4 has two in ports and to out ports
Thank you, my good sir.
Old 12-08-13, 01:02 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

so what brand air are you running
Old 12-08-13, 03:52 PM
Greg5OH
Lead Lap

its a d2 racing double bellow 4 corner setup.

Quick Reply: air solenoid location theory.