VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Ksport?Airrunner?Uas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-11, 09:52 AM
gekae24
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Ksport?Airrunner?Uas?

I'm thinking of getting air suspension Air runner looks like the way I would like to go,but Ksport and UAS are a lot less?What's the deal? I'm am getting air suspension on my 08 ES350 all I need is up and down so my 22's slam and tuck without rubbing I'm on coilovers but can not drop all the way I would like because of rubbing! Any input wouldbe appreciaed.
Old 11-23-11, 10:44 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

22s on an ES?? ermm.. im not gunna judge lol..

UAS - "cheaper" cuz its universal.
Ksport - "cheaper" cuz its made by ksport.
Air runner - expensive cuz its.. air runner.

they do the same thing. to make UAS like ksport and air runner you need some BC coilovers or so so you can adjust the body to get the preferred ride height at a higher PSI.

youll be looking to spend about $2000 new for air setup with UAS and a little more for Ksport.. and more for Air runner.
Old 11-23-11, 12:36 PM
SonicMotor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

K Sport kits are actually a very decent kit. I'm running a special on them at the moment if you would be interested in picking up a kit.
Old 11-23-11, 02:47 PM
Mike1970
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the air runner i love it. works great even though it was more than the other kits. do your research bro the ksport is good but you cant ride with low air in the bag so you have to set it up right. and dont get me started on UAS thats going to take alot of work to get right. \search VSC and CL lots of good info on this subject
Old 11-23-11, 03:04 PM
KsportUSA
Driver

The major difference I see between Air Runner vs our air set up is we have height adjustments along with air adjustments. I see this as an advantage because it allows you to get a great everyday ride height without putting any stress on the airbag and then when you want to raise/lower you can do that at a flick of a button.

Both great systems that is for sure, like 'Mike1970' just do research and pick the best kit for YOU.

GS with our air suspension:

-Jade@KsportUSA
Old 11-23-11, 04:06 PM
koksik
Lead Lap

I have my IS on Ksport and I love it!!!! Great kit, I wish to have electronic gauge and bigger air lines

Old 11-23-11, 04:34 PM
KsportUSA
Driver

Originally Posted by koksik
I have my IS on Ksport and I love it!!!! Great kit, I wish to have electronic gauge and bigger air lines

wow looks amazing!!

What kit did you go with?

-Jade@KsportUSA
Old 11-24-11, 01:06 AM
gekae24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mike1970
i have the air runner i love it. works great even though it was more than the other kits. do your research bro the ksport is good but you cant ride with low air in the bag so you have to set it up right. and dont get me started on UAS thats going to take alot of work to get right. \search VSC and CL lots of good info on this subject
Air runner is the way I want to go! I was just curious as to why the other kits are a lot less. Guess you get what you pay for. I want quality and no problems. Only thing left now is to make an appointment with air runner to see if their 07 camry kit fits my Es since they both have the same chasis.
Old 11-24-11, 12:56 PM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry, buddy of mine has Airrunner and I saw it before it was installed. Not impressed at all. KYB shocks with sleeves and ALL the other components were garbage (compressor, valves, lines, tank, guage...). We replaced every single additional component with DOT approved pieces where possible and much much better components otherwise.
From my experience, you pay for customer service with Airrunner. They bend over backwards.
My point of view, build quality components and there should be no need for after purchase service.
That being said, my D2 struts & double bellow bags, Dakota digital air mgmt, Viar compressors, 3/8" lines and DOT approved aluminum tank have done me well for over a year now including a Canadian winter.
If you are mechanically inclined or have a dependable shop, I'd say piece a kit together yourself every time.
UAS bags over your choice of coilover strut (BC Racing, Megan, PBM, Tein etc..) and Accuair or Dakota digital mgmt would be the setup I'd recommend.
Old 11-26-11, 03:11 PM
gekae24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Schnitz
Sorry, buddy of mine has Airrunner and I saw it before it was installed. Not impressed at all. KYB shocks with sleeves and ALL the other components were garbage (compressor, valves, lines, tank, guage...). We replaced every single additional component with DOT approved pieces where possible and much much better components otherwise.
From my experience, you pay for customer service with Airrunner. They bend over backwards.
My point of view, build quality components and there should be no need for after purchase service.
That being said, my D2 struts & double bellow bags, Dakota digital air mgmt, Viar compressors, 3/8" lines and DOT approved aluminum tank have done me well for over a year now including a Canadian winter.
If you are mechanically inclined or have a dependable shop, I'd say piece a kit together yourself every time.
UAS bags over your choice of coilover strut (BC Racing, Megan, PBM, Tein etc..) and Accuair or Dakota digital mgmt would be the setup I'd recommend.
Thankyou, this exactly what I was wondering about!I have heard this before! I want to buy,install, and forget I have until I use it. I need it for no rubbing purposes while on tha freeway or drivin on roads and cities I am unfamiliar with. As of now I'm on meagans and the ride is at ful stiff and slammed as much as I can on my 22x9.5 wheels. Would like to fully drop it but have the option of not worring when I have for passengers.
Old 11-26-11, 05:59 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

I personally run Ksport bags on my GS400. I originally had the double bellow when it came with the kit originally which road super sporty... which i like however the bag rubbed and i was pretty much forced to buy the newer sleeve bags to eliminate the rubs. i dont drive low what so ever (2 finger gap lol) but it rubs when you air out.

currently i have sleeve bags + DOT 5 Gallon Aluminum tank + 95% DOT Fittings + Easystreet autopilot manifold + Digi gauge.

it rides fine to me long as you done drive it slammed... if you do itll feel like a boat.

but yea buy once so u dont have to do it again.
Old 11-26-11, 06:10 PM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

You're in uncharted territory with your ES so expect some bumps in the road. There may be rubbing that needs to be taken care of no matter which option you choose.
Aftermarket mods are always an adventure.
Old 11-27-11, 11:01 AM
Mike1970
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm even though everyone says the air runner parts are crap. lol for some crappy products they sure do work well. my kit went together perfect no leaks, bolted right on. I have had it for about 1 month now and I DD my car 100 miles a day everything is going good so far and everyone who has air runner never said anything bad about it yet. The only thing I hear is how bad the air lines and the switches are, etc.. But it's usually by people who don't own the kit. I did a lot of research the struts on the air runner are very nice. I have not seen the Ksport up close is it a sleeve bag or bellow? Bellow bags don't work on some cars. air runner FTW!!!!!

Last edited by Mike1970; 11-27-11 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-28-11, 12:55 AM
koksik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KsportUSA
wow looks amazing!!

What kit did you go with?

-Jade@KsportUSA
I have only basic kit
Old 11-28-11, 09:06 AM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mike1970
Hmm even though everyone says the air runner parts are crap. lol for some crappy products they sure do work well. my kit went together perfect no leaks, bolted right on. I have had it for about 1 month now and I DD my car 100 miles a day everything is going good so far and everyone who has air runner never said anything bad about it yet. The only thing I hear is how bad the air lines and the switches are, etc.. But it's usually by people who don't own the kit. I did a lot of research the struts on the air runner are very nice. I have not seen the Ksport up close is it a sleeve bag or bellow? Bellow bags don't work on some cars. air runner FTW!!!!!
Did you notice what was and wasn't DOT approved? Did you get any leader lines or is it just normal airline right to the bag so the line can rub and fail? What manufacturer of compressor did they supply?
I ask these questions only to point the quality or lack thereof of the components they supply and charge more than everyone else for.
Not to mention UAS kit plus BC Racing coilovers come in at $3300 giving you the best ride control possible. Or you could go the Accuair route and have even better no nonsense control as well.
There's just too many equal and better options out there for less dough than Airrunner.

Last edited by Schnitz; 11-28-11 at 11:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Ksport?Airrunner?Uas?