VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Lorenzo wheels.

Old 08-11-10, 07:40 PM
Kingpin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I say this with a smile on my face......dude, shut the heck up!
Personal attacks are So lame .. I don't often agree with BlKs but his Statements based on Exp/personal opinion and most of all FACTS ...
Old 08-12-10, 01:12 AM
ErickGS300
Lead Lap

Yoh guys, CHILL OUT.

All this for one question about VIP or EXE.
Old 08-12-10, 02:29 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingpin
Personal attacks are So lame .. I don't often agree with BlKs but his Statements based on Exp/personal opinion and most of all FACTS ...
I didn't attack, personally or otherwise. Maybe slightly offended.
I was just being silly, which I thought was appropriate to the comments. After reading all the back and forth between me and the other dude, then see us squash it....then come back to re-open/re-analyze the crap...I just thought it was ill-timed and silly. So I laughed and got silly back. If we were in-person it wouldn't have seemed negative at all.

Don't fan any flames here. I'm cool.
Old 08-13-10, 09:09 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how can you say the dub line is crap Asanti make some of the best wheels out there. Look at all of the luxury cars out that recommend these type of 3 peice wheels. Asansti can run up into the brick class for cost so how does this work. Yes Auto courture look nice, and are really over price so does that make them VIP or Lux. I believe it up to the owner of the car not the person sitting thier talking crap about what he would put on someone else car.
Old 08-13-10, 09:32 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
Asanti make some of the best wheels out there.
lol @ that
Old 08-13-10, 09:45 AM
jgc
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

These types of questions make me want to shoot myself in the foot.
Old 08-13-10, 11:25 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't u guys get sick of this by now ? how many debates on this topic do u guys have to have before u start to ask yourself "what the uh uh uh duh ?"
Old 08-13-10, 01:06 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was just being silly, which I thought was appropriate to the comments. After reading all the back and forth between me and the other dude, then see us squash it....then come back to re-open/re-analyze the crap...I just thought it was ill-timed and silly. So I laughed and got silly back. If we were in-person it wouldn't have seemed negative at all.

Agreed LOL

how can you say the dub line is crap Asanti make some of the best wheels out there.
Nobody said DUB or Asanti is crap. But they're sure as $h*t not vip style
PS: DUB's are crap FACE!
Old 08-13-10, 06:24 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

no worries, i didn't take it personal at all.

as for re-addressing the issue, there were some questions left open that providing answers to may have benefitted those who are wanting/willing to learn. if you're (general) set in your views there's no point in trying to change your mind, but other people reading the thread may gain some insight.

the rest was just playful.

how can you say the dub line is crap Asanti make some of the best wheels out there. Look at all of the luxury cars out that recommend these type of 3 peice wheels. Asansti can run up into the brick class for cost so how does this work. Yes Auto courture look nice, and are really over price so does that make them VIP or Lux. I believe it up to the owner of the car not the person sitting thier talking crap about what he would put on someone else car.
as far as forged wheels go i'm of the feeling that they're all of basically the same quality. they're all cut from billet aluminum, the rest lies in the design.

however, just because they are equal doen't mean they are appropriate. vip is it's own style, with it's own guidelines, and has been for a long time. if someone wants to come in fresh and go against the grain then that's cool. you should still know the roots vs. making uneducated arguments about how something is what it isn't. in the end it's about execution and a true enthusiast won't knock you for doing something different as long as you pull it off. until you've proven you're right you're wrong though. history is against you.

Originally Posted by mikemareen
don't u guys get sick of this by now ? how many debates on this topic do u guys have to have before u start to ask yourself "what the uh uh uh duh ?"
until everyone is informed.
Old 08-13-10, 08:40 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKonBLK98
until everyone is informed.

Can I get a Amen!!!
Preach on brutha
Old 08-18-10, 11:27 PM
4DGS
Driver

These wheels are garbage, notorious for cracking and bending.

If you already bought them, I'm sorry to hear that.
Old 08-19-10, 01:16 AM
WidebodyQ
Lead Lap

Sorry but when ever I hear Lorenzers I think of Birdman from the Cash Money Millionaires. If you like the wheels then get them. Lots of us been down the same path and we speak from experience when trying to give advice. I personally started on a set of Giovanna wheels that kind of gave me the look I was after but it didn't cut it. With the money spent, I could of gotten a set of MAE wheels which Giovanna knocked off and had better offsets and the option of rebuilding them to get bigger lip sizes in the future.

There are so many nice used wheels that are around the same price range. Some may require some elbow grease to get them in mint condition but at the end, you get a better wheel with a much higher resale value. Once you slap on those Lorenzers, you lost half of what you paid for them. Now if you were to get a set of Works or something reasonably priced in the used wheel market, you wouldn't loose much. In some cases, you can flip them and make a profit once you are done with them. I just bring this up because it hasn't been mentioned yet.
Old 08-19-10, 05:16 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by WidebodyQ
Sorry but when ever I hear Lorenzers I think of Birdman from the Cash Money Millionaires. If you like the wheels then get them. Lots of us been down the same path and we speak from experience when trying to give advice. I personally started on a set of Giovanna wheels that kind of gave me the look I was after but it didn't cut it. With the money spent, I could of gotten a set of MAE wheels which Giovanna knocked off and had better offsets and the option of rebuilding them to get bigger lip sizes in the future.

There are so many nice used wheels that are around the same price range. Some may require some elbow grease to get them in mint condition but at the end, you get a better wheel with a much higher resale value. Once you slap on those Lorenzers, you lost half of what you paid for them. Now if you were to get a set of Works or something reasonably priced in the used wheel market, you wouldn't loose much. In some cases, you can flip them and make a profit once you are done with them. I just bring this up because it hasn't been mentioned yet.
You see, this is the stuff that gets me. Everything you said about lower end wheels applies to higher end wheels.
They break and bend. They peel and fade. They lose half their value as soon as they are mounted. They lose 1/3 just because you got them to your door. They all eventaully need refurbishing and cost a lot more to do it.
In fact, I never had a problem from the 1 piece cast wheels in the old days. Drove on them many years with NO ISSUES AT ALL.
Every high end wheel I've had needed work between 1-2 years.
Please. I am sick of people who say this crap. I'll repeat this for the umpteenth time....the only reason high end wheels are desirable is that look. That look that can't be duplicated no matter how hard it's tried. That it and only it.
Old 08-20-10, 01:36 AM
WidebodyQ
Lead Lap

I am not trying to offend you or anyone, just stating my opinion. I never seen used Lorenzo's sell for anywhere near what they sold for new. Maybe in 2002 or where he is from but not here or on auction sites.

Yes we are after a look but to say that is the ONLY reason we choose to buy multipiece wheels is not true for everyone. Lets say the original poster is in love with that Lorenzo wheel. He ends up cracking one (not saying they are bad quality, just using it as an example) and he wants to get a new one but he finds out it is now discontinued. He can't replace just the lip or inner barrel like he could on the 3pc. wheel. He is now forced to scrap the other 3 wheels as well because he can't get his hands on one. Thats a realistic scenario that happened to me when I bent one of my Giovanna Berlin wheels beyond repair back in 2005.
Old 08-20-10, 02:47 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by WidebodyQ
I am not trying to offend you or anyone, just stating my opinion. I never seen used Lorenzo's sell for anywhere near what they sold for new. Maybe in 2002 or where he is from but not here or on auction sites.

Yes we are after a look but to say that is the ONLY reason we choose to buy multipiece wheels is not true for everyone. Lets say the original poster is in love with that Lorenzo wheel. He ends up cracking one (not saying they are bad quality, just using it as an example) and he wants to get a new one but he finds out it is now discontinued. He can't replace just the lip or inner barrel like he could on the 3pc. wheel. He is now forced to scrap the other 3 wheels as well because he can't get his hands on one. Thats a realistic scenario that happened to me when I bent one of my Giovanna Berlin wheels beyond repair back in 2005.
Okay, but u couold buy another set of cast wheels for the cost of repairing 1 forged wheel.