VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Lorenzo wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-10, 05:04 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Here we go again. Another talking parrot chirping about cast wheels. Cast is not a bad thing. Cast wheels are heavier than forged but that does not make them bad or cheap. Lower cost than forged doesn't mean cheap. I certainly don't consider the Maya's I had as cheap. They had cast centers on forged barrels. At 4K a set, nothing cheap about them.

I know what you really mean. You think a wheels has to be multipiece to be worthy. That's as dumb as your comment.
Parrot? please.. I suggest you get your facts straight before you start flapping your jaws. I probably know more about true VIP style then over half the member on this board and LONG before it was even a fad in North America.

The question was...
Is the Lorenzo WL27 in Chrome with Black window a VIP or EXE wheel??
and my answer was "they are neither vip or exe. They are cheap 1piece cast wheels made to look expensive. "

This statement was TRUE and I'm sure a lot of people here would agree with me. In no way in hell would you find these wheels on a true vip styled car. This was not an argument about cast wheels are garbage over multi-piece. Nor did I say a wheel has to be multi-piece to be VIP, so get your head out of your ***. Lorenzo wheels are cheap brand wheel and by no means VIP or EXE.

I personally do not have any problem with cast wheels I even think some 1 piece cast wheels look alright. I applaud Vossen for making their own designs, even though their 1 piece wheels are made to look like multi-piece. They may not be VIP style but look alright none the less. Then you have other brands who will make an exact replica of a multi-piece and brand it as their own with no credibility or respect to the original designer.

Here is a great example of a 1 piece cast VIP wheel. The Wald Mahora.

It's too bad this design has been raped and reproduced by so many other companies.
For example Elbrus I06 (Left) or Dropstar DS08 (Right)

If its one thing you should know about VIP style is that you dont rock fake s#!t. and when I fake s#!t i mean, no fake wheels, no replica body kits or accessories etc. and if you do it completely goes against what real vip style is all about. To build up a real vip project can take years but hey you gotta pay to play or GTFO.

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 08-07-10 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-08-10, 03:10 AM
ErickGS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you made your point. So there not VIP or EXE and they are Cheap but i think that they look great on a 2GS in a VIP outfit.
Old 08-08-10, 08:41 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
Parrot? please.. I suggest you get your facts straight before you start flapping your jaws. I probably know more about true VIP style then over half the member on this board and LONG before it was even a fad in North America.

The question was...

and my answer was "they are neither vip or exe. They are cheap 1piece cast wheels made to look expensive. "

This statement was TRUE and I'm sure a lot of people here would agree with me. In no way in hell would you find these wheels on a true vip styled car. This was not an argument about cast wheels are garbage over multi-piece. Nor did I say a wheel has to be multi-piece to be VIP, so get your head out of your ***. Lorenzo wheels are cheap brand wheel and by no means VIP or EXE.

I personally do not have any problem with cast wheels I even think some 1 piece cast wheels look alright. I applaud Vossen for making their own designs, even though their 1 piece wheels are made to look like multi-piece. They may not be VIP style but look alright none the less. Then you have other brands who will make an exact replica of a multi-piece and brand it as their own with no credibility or respect to the original designer.

Here is a great example of a 1 piece cast VIP wheel. The Wald Mahora.

It's too bad this design has been raped and reproduced by so many other companies.
For example Elbrus I06 (Left) or Dropstar DS08 (Right)

If its one thing you should know about VIP style is that you dont rock fake s#!t. and when I fake s#!t i mean, no fake wheels, no replica body kits or accessories etc. and if you do it completely goes against what real vip style is all about. To build up a real vip project can take years but hey you gotta pay to play or GTFO.
I think I understand your point. So VIP is more than the look? It has to be expensive? What price point qualifies? Is this your opinion or is there some type of standard of VIP rule book I can view?

Notice I asked these questions nicely and rationally. The "my head up my ***" comments are immature and not necessary. Adult conversation is required here. So please answer the questions without the colorful metaphors.

Last edited by Ice350; 08-08-10 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-08-10, 09:34 AM
Sonic_RC
Racer

I think I understand your point. So VIP is more than the look? It has to be expensive? What price point qualifies? Is this your opinion or is there some type of standard of VIP rule book I can view?

Notice I asked these questions nicely and rationally. The "my head up my ***" comments are immature and not necessary. Adult conversation is required here. So please answer the questions without the colorful metaphors.
Well to call me a chipping parrot and put words in my mouth and then say it was a dumb comment I found that immature and unnecessary. I naturally took offense and felt obligated to defend my statement. Anyways I apologize for be so blunt, I don't want this argument to escalate so I'll just leave it at that.

Anyways to answer your question. VIP style is about quality parts on quality cars, after all its called VIP style. If you start putting cheap parts on your and calling it VIP, not only not VIP but also giving people who don't know the wrong impression. It is also brand associated as well to brands who specifically cater to VIP styling. I could probably go on forever about this but my suggestion if you really want to know is to do your research. Maybe order a few issues of VIPCAR and VIPStyle or join vipstylecars.com or luxuryjcars.com

check out this website and you will see tons of galleries with great examples from Japan. Who knows better about vip style than the japanese
http://www.luxuryjcars.com/forums/in...p?showforum=38

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 08-08-10 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-08-10, 07:35 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Well to call me a chipping parrot and put words in my mouth and then say it was a dumb comment I found that immature and unnecessary. I naturally took offense and felt obligated to defend my statement. Anyways I apologize for be so blunt, I don't want this argument to escalate so I'll just leave it at that.

Anyways to answer your question. VIP style is about quality parts on quality cars, after all its called VIP style. If you start putting cheap parts on your and calling it VIP, not only not VIP but also giving people who don't know the wrong impression. It is also brand associated as well to brands who specifically cater to VIP styling. I could probably go on forever about this but my suggestion if you really want to know is to do your research. Maybe order a few issues of VIPCAR and VIPStyle or join vipstylecars.com or luxuryjcars.com

check out this website and you will see tons of galleries with great examples from Japan. Who knows better about vip style than the japanese
Describe cheap wheels.
Describe cheap parts.
Old 08-08-10, 10:48 PM
silos5
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to me good wheels - when its not a copy, when you can choose an offset and width, colour finish, high/low/super low disc, lip type.
With cheap/copied wheels there are maximum 2 offsets.

Yesturday I was debating with my friend about this topic. I think its up to the person to deside what wheels he wants to roll.
As for me, I roll on WORKs and probably only a couple of guys in my area know about this wheel company. So if I would buy copies, noone would really understand, but I dont want to do it.
I have vipstyled car, so I pay to play..dont care if others understand, I do it for myself.
Old 08-08-10, 11:04 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Describe cheap wheels.
Describe cheap parts.
Oh my lord. if you want me to hold your hand and walk you through all the basics of whats cheap and whats not you can forget about it. If you want to stick with vip style stick with vip brands.

As I stated before...
I could probably go on forever about this but my suggestion if you really want to know is to do your research.
and if you are wondering what are "vip brands" here are some just to name a few...

Absorber
ACC Inc. | Air Runner
Admiration
AIMGAIN
AIR DRESS
AME Wheels JAPAN
Amistad
Artina
ARTISAN SPIRITS
Auto Couture
BADX
Bellezza
BLACK FLEET
Black Pearl Complete
BOLD WORLD
BOYZ
Butterfly System
Central Pine
Clazzio
COSMIC
CRIMSON ON-LINE SITE
CROSS ZONE
DIGITAL hart conference
Dohm
DOLCE
EXPRESSION
FABULOUS
FINAL Konnexion
FLEDERMAUS
FORE FRONT
FREDOM LEGION WEB SHOP
Freedom Legion
G-Answer
G-CORPORATION
GARSON -King of the web-
GRACE TRIM
Grazio&Co.
HOT STUFF CORPORATION
IMC Shop
Inspection
INSURANCE
J-unit
JOB DESIGN JAPAN
JUNCTION PRODUCE
K-BREAK WEB
KAZZ-SPORTS
KENSTYLE
KSPEC_WEBSITE
LEHRMEISTER
LEON HARDIRRIT
Libertywalk
LINEA SPORT : CRIMSON ON-LINE SITE
Lock Smice
Lowenhart
LX-MODE
MODE PARFUME
OGULACTION
PrussianBlue
RARITY
RAYS
SERAPH HOME PAGE
SEREOUS|HID
SESSIONS
SKIPPER WEB SITE
SPEED STAR WHEEL
T's.PROJECT
tan-ei-sya
TOPLINE PRODUCT Co.,Ltd.
- t.s.p.sports -
TRANCE
Trafficstar
vlene
VLUSTYJEWEL
WALD INTERNATIONAL
weds co.,ltd
WIN.CORPORATION
WORK WHEEL INDEX
You Zeaand
Zero Auto

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 08-08-10 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-09-10, 12:43 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh no here we go again....don't you guys get sick of this by now ? unbelievable!
Old 08-09-10, 07:02 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

lorinser, yes. lorenzo, no.
Old 08-09-10, 07:30 AM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
lorinser, yes. lorenzo, no.
Brabus, yes. Brutus, no. lol.
Old 08-09-10, 04:09 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

I don't see Enkei, TSW or MRR wheels on your list. These are wheel companies that seel high quality wheels with a long history of wheel production. I've had wheels from all 3 and I can say with certainty either of these produce better quality wheels than many of the wheel companies you listed. I can only assume you didn't list them because they aren't high cost wheels. How much something cost is not always relative to it's quality.

Forged, 3 piece wheels cost more because the process to make them is more work. They don't work any better than a wheel costing thousands less. They may be lighter but the gap is closing. They definitely look better but THAT IS THE ONLY REAL DIFFERENCE! It is a difference that is important to many though. I just want it plainly stated. Your car doesn't do anything really better with forged wheels. Except racing but even that difference is neglible.

All we're really after is a certain look. At least I am. If you have to have wheels costing thousands to get the approval of others, so be it. Lots of people need the approval of others for their seld esteem. I don't. I do like high end wheels for that look but that's it. I can also find a good look with cheaper wheels. I have done it before and will do it again.

The body kit on my car costs only $600 (install was $880). It's a replica of a JDM kit. It looks pretty good to me. Most important is the skill of the tech who installs it. If it is put on right and painted to match, does it really matter how much it cost? I guess it does to you.
Would I rather have a kit that cost 2K? Only if it had a certain look I was after. If I can find the exact look for less and pay for a quality install, I'll do it. If it is cheaper and doesn't look right, I won't install. I have heard stories of expensive kits that didn't fit right so you never know until the tech attempts to install.
Yes, the car has to be done right. Research means a lot. I researched every mod I have. If someone doesn't like my replica kit, who the heck cares. If someone doesn't like the MRR wheels on my wife's car, that's their business. I don't buy stuff to please anyone but me and mine.

I guess I ain't VIP. I guess I ain't high end. I guess I'm a poser....and proud of it.

Man...I enjoyed writing this post.
Old 08-09-10, 07:35 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

I don't see Enkei, TSW or MRR wheels on your list. These are wheel companies that seel high quality wheels with a long history of wheel production. I've had wheels from all 3 and I can say with certainty either of these produce better quality wheels than many of the wheel companies you listed. I can only assume you didn't list them because they aren't high cost wheels. How much something cost is not always relative to it's quality.

Forged, 3 piece wheels cost more because the process to make them is more work. They don't work any better than a wheel costing thousands less. They may be lighter but the gap is closing. They definitely look better but THAT IS THE ONLY REAL DIFFERENCE! It is a difference that is important to many though. I just want it plainly stated. Your car doesn't do anything really better with forged wheels. Except racing but even that difference is neglible.

All we're really after is a certain look. At least I am. If you have to have wheels costing thousands to get the approval of others, so be it. Lots of people need the approval of others for their seld esteem. I don't. I do like high end wheels for that look but that's it. I can also find a good look with cheaper wheels. I have done it before and will do it again.

The body kit on my car costs only $600 (install was $880). It's a replica of a JDM kit. It looks pretty good to me. Most important is the skill of the tech who installs it. If it is put on right and painted to match, does it really matter how much it cost? I guess it does to you.
Would I rather have a kit that cost 2K? Only if it had a certain look I was after. If I can find the exact look for less and pay for a quality install, I'll do it. If it is cheaper and doesn't look right, I won't install. I have heard stories of expensive kits that didn't fit right so you never know until the tech attempts to install.
Yes, the car has to be done right. Research means a lot. I researched every mod I have. If someone doesn't like my replica kit, who the heck cares. If someone doesn't like the MRR wheels on my wife's car, that's their business. I don't buy stuff to please anyone but me and mine.
Again the topic changes. LOL I had a good chuckle out of that. This was in no way shape or form any attack towards you so please try not to take offense.

The list I made are companies who specifically cater to VIP style. This was has nothing really to do with who makes better quality wheels but to actually educate what qualifies as REAL VIP Style. Some wheels can cost an *** load of money and still not be VIP style. Take for example HRE, I Forged, Asanti, Lexani, DUB etc. none of these are vip style brands. I think HRE wheels are bad *** when it comes to quality but its still not a vip style type of wheel. Again Enkei has some nice wheels but far from vip style. and when it comes to MRR this is all I have to say about that....

MRR GT5 (Left) and Maya MRS (Right)

I guess I ain't VIP. I guess I ain't high end. I guess I'm a poser....and proud of it.
After everything you just said in your last post, you are right when you said "I guess I ain't VIP" Not to say your car doesn't look nice so don't freak out. I do think your car looks nice, And you are not a "poser" but it is not even close VIP style. I think the Variaza's looked way better but that is besides the point.

If you are happy with your car and the way it looks thats fantastic, self gratification is the best and I don't mean that sarcastically. You dont need my approval or anyone else. Asking me for the rule book on VIP Style is like saying who made the judge for Louis Vuitton, Burberry and Gucci to be high end fashion when I can knock offs made in China. True VIP style is not just the look, supporting authenticity is big.

But if you really want to learn about what true VIP Style is, I repeat...
I could probably go on forever about this but my suggestion if you really want to know is to do your research. Maybe order a few issues of VIPCAR and VIPStyle or join vipstylecars.com or luxuryjcars.com

Anyways I've said what I have to say and I'll leave it at that and wont be following up this post.

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 08-09-10 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-09-10, 07:45 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Again the topic changes. LOL I had a good chuckle out of that. This was in no way shape or form any attack towards you so please try not to take offense.

The list I made are companies who specifically cater to VIP style. This was has nothing really to do with who makes better quality wheels but to actually educate what qualifies as REAL VIP Style. Some wheels can cost an *** load of money and still not be VIP style. Take for example HRE, I Forged, Asanti, Lexani, DUB etc. none of these are vip style brands. I think HRE wheels are bad *** when it comes to quality but its still not a vip style type of wheel. Again Enkei has some nice wheels but far from vip style. and when it comes to MRR this is all I have to say about that....

MRR GT5 (Left) and Maya MRS (Right)

After everything you just said in your last post, you are right when you said "I guess I ain't VIP" Not to say your car doesn't look nice so don't freak out. I do think your car looks nice, And you are not a "poser" but it is not even close VIP style. I think the Variaza's looked way better but that is besides the point.

and I repeat

Anyways I've said what I have to say and I'll leave it at that and wont be following up this post.
I really wasn't trying to understand VIP. I was trying to differentiate high end from lower end wheels and whether it was the cost or the look that was most important.
I think VIP has extreme offsets and agressive fitment which is easier to attaim with custom wheels.
I'm just having fun but you're right, it's time to put this to bed. Fun time is over.
Old 08-11-10, 02:41 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

I don't see Enkei, TSW or MRR wheels on your list.
you won't see enkei on any list because their designs do not cater to vip style. you will see ame which is made by enkei.

tsw will not be found because they are american wheels. design and quality aside, it's just not gonna happen because traditionalists are mimicking a style that tsw is nonexistant in.

no mrr bercause mrr does not make wheels, they import and rebadge them. some of the better styles (hr-2, hr-3, hr-4, hr-8) are japanese made venerdi and luxury hanes wheels and they do get a little play. a couple cars and vans in japan run them and a number of u.s. enthusiasts have as well (usually when they're new to the game).

They definitely look better but THAT IS THE ONLY REAL DIFFERENCE!
that's the only difference that matters.

It's a replica of a JDM kit.
replicas suck.

I guess I ain't VIP.
correct.

I guess I ain't high end.
true.

I guess I'm a poser...
that depends on how you're presenting yourself in regards to the previous 2 statements.
Old 08-11-10, 07:32 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLKonBLK98
you won't see enkei on any list because their designs do not cater to vip style. you will see ame which is made by enkei.

tsw will not be found because they are american wheels. design and quality aside, it's just not gonna happen because traditionalists are mimicking a style that tsw is nonexistant in.

no mrr bercause mrr does not make wheels, they import and rebadge them. some of the better styles (hr-2, hr-3, hr-4, hr-8) are japanese made venerdi and luxury hanes wheels and they do get a little play. a couple cars and vans in japan run them and a number of u.s. enthusiasts have as well (usually when they're new to the game).

that's the only difference that matters.

replicas suck.

correct.

true.

that depends on how you're presenting yourself in regards to the previous 2 statements.
I say this with a smile on my face......dude, shut the heck up!

Quick Reply: Lorenzo wheels.