VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Lorenzo wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-10, 02:40 AM
ErickGS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lorenzo wheels.

Is the Lorenzo WL27 in Chrome with Black window a VIP or EXE wheel??

Old 07-27-10, 06:50 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They dont look very VIP to me.
Old 07-28-10, 05:54 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

20 inch lorenzo's, smokin on endo...... not me though
Old 07-28-10, 12:48 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

theres no such thing as a vip or exe wheels, just wheels used in a vip or exe style build.

lorenzo are more common in the dub scene if you insist on labels.
Old 07-28-10, 01:56 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

they are neither vip or exe. They are cheap 1piece cast wheels made to look expensive.
Old 07-28-10, 02:47 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
they are neither vip or exe. They are cheap 1piece cast wheels made to look expensive.
Here we go again. Another talking parrot chirping about cast wheels. Cast is not a bad thing. Cast wheels are heavier than forged but that does not make them bad or cheap. Lower cost than forged doesn't mean cheap. I certainly don't consider the Maya's I had as cheap. They had cast centers on forged barrels. At 4K a set, nothing cheap about them.

I know what you really mean. You think a wheels has to be multipiece to be worthy. That's as dumb as your comment.
Old 07-28-10, 04:44 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
Here we go again. Another talking parrot chirping about cast wheels. Cast is not a bad thing. Cast wheels are heavier than forged but that does not make them bad or cheap. Lower cost than forged doesn't mean cheap. I certainly don't consider the Maya's I had as cheap. They had cast centers on forged barrels. At 4K a set, nothing cheap about them.

I know what you really mean. You think a wheels has to be multipiece to be worthy. That's as dumb as your comment.
i agree with most of your statement. a lot of high end wheels are cast or have cast components. i personally own a set of cast 1 piece wheels that costed (retail) more than pretty much every wheel on this site. of course i didn't pay anything close to retail and the price doesn't make them a better wheel; but they are high end.

forged wheels are unarguably stronger and generally lighter, but that doesn't make cast garbage. what makes these wheels in particular trash (imo) is the effort put in to make it looks like something it's not. faux-multipiece sucks.
Old 07-28-10, 05:54 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLKonBLK98
what makes these wheels in particular trash (imo) is the effort put in to make it looks like something it's not. faux-multipiece sucks.
I understand your point as well.
However, how many wheel designs are truly original. My wheels for example. haven't seen another wheel exactly like it but split 5 spokes are not an original design. How many companies have mesh, 5 and 7 spoke wheels. By your thinking, 90% of wheels are faux....regardless of 1 or multipiece construction.
People seem to think multipiece knock-offs are okay but 1 piece knock-off are a no-no.
It's just parrot crap.
Old 07-28-10, 07:15 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

far from "parrot crap", i have my own very strong feelings on wheels.

it is true that wheel manufacturers follow styling trends which ends up with a lot of wheels looking similar. in fact, if you boycotted every company that released a wheel that looked like something that came out before it then you'd have no companies left to choose from. all you (i) can do is stick to reputable companies.

however, styling and construction are 2 completely seperate issues. making a wheel look like it's multipiece is not the same as making a wheel that has a similar style.

Last edited by BLKonBLK98; 07-28-10 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-28-10, 07:38 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

far from "parrot crap", i have my own very strong feelings on wheels.

it is true that wheel manufacturers follow styling trends which ends up with a lot of wheels looking similar. in fact, if you boycotted every company that released a wheel that looked like something that came out before it then you'd have no companies left to choose from. all you (i) can do is stick to reputable companies.

however, styling and construction are 2 completely seperate issues. making a wheel look like it's multipiece is not the same as making a wheel that has a similar style.
Let me see if I understand, you don't have a problem with cast 1 piece wheels....unless they look like multipiece wheels?
Old 07-28-10, 07:43 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
Let me see if I understand, you don't have a problem with cast 1 piece wheels....unless they look like multipiece wheels?
that is correct in respect to this conversion.
Old 07-28-10, 07:53 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

that is correct in respect to this conversion.
Okay, I might concede this isn't parrot talk. It's original.
Several of the 1 piece Vossen wheels look like multipice so I guess you don't like those. They are very popular but you can't please everybody.
Old 07-28-10, 08:03 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

any faux mutipiece. i also dislike 6 spoke wheels with exposed 5 lug. lol.

not a big fan of vossen (wouldn't rock them personally) but their new concave wheel looks pretty good and the twisted multispoke multipiece is nice.

i won't deny that i lean towards certain brands, generally german or japanese.
Old 07-29-10, 03:25 PM
bluerex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personally if they were slapped on any vip platform car with the right offsets, it would look sick imo
Old 07-29-10, 03:53 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bluerex
personally if they were slapped on any vip platform car with the right offsets, it would look sick imo
I agree.....and that's all that really matters. We do this for the look. If the right look can be accomplished without spending a brick, more power to ya.

Quick Reply: Lorenzo wheels.