VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

My attempt at VIP

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-10, 12:40 AM
01a4man
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My attempt at VIP

Hello Everyone,

Am I on the right track for VIP? I am trying to figure out what to do for suspension. The coilovers I am on will go lower but I have serious rubbing problems. Tell me what you guys think. Oh, the engine cover and intake are painted flat back and body color but I have not taken pics of them. Also, the two lower rear emblems are flat black now too.

Old 04-11-10, 12:44 AM
face98
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice gs!
Old 04-11-10, 12:48 AM
silos5
Driver

roll your fenders so you wont rub. If it doesnt help, get narrower tyres
Old 04-11-10, 12:51 AM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

how much did those JBT kits cost you and where from?

Dara
Old 04-11-10, 04:19 AM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On the right track. Give us your wheel and tire specs and I'm sure we can help you out.
And ya, if your fenders aren't rolled you're more likely to rub.
Old 04-11-10, 06:13 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought VIP was extremely aggressive wheel/tire specs and very expressive looking kits?
This looks more tuner to me. It looks pretty good, too. Did you post it in the 3GS section?
Old 04-11-10, 06:53 AM
01a4man
Pole Position

Originally Posted by silos5
roll your fenders so you wont rub. If it doesnt help, get narrower tyres
Thanks silos, I'm just affraid to crack the paint and damage a brand new car.

On the right track. Give us your wheel and tire specs and I'm sure we can help you out.
And ya, if your fenders aren't rolled you're more likely to rub.
Thanks Shnitz,

The wheels are:
Front: 8.5 +35 tires are 245-30-20
Rear: 10 +38 running a 285-25-20

It's an AWD so I am nervous. Do you think I should run a 275 in the rear and a 235 front?

I thought VIP was extremely aggressive wheel/tire specs and very expressive looking kits?
This looks more tuner to me. It looks pretty good, too. Did you post it in the 3GS section?
Thanks Ice,

You said the same thing in the 3gs forum. The black roof is gone though. Was afrraid the adhesive on the vynl would cause a yellowing effect on the roof.

Chris
Old 04-11-10, 07:24 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

imo it isnt VIP because the stance and wheels are so conservative. its nice, maybe EXE style, but no 'VIP' imo. you cant have proper fitment with stock guards basically.

also i would say generally the blacked out chrome thing is more what the sporty type VIP cars do, and then they run very aggressive sporty type wheels like something from the SSR Professor range in smaller diameters and larger widths, in order to continue that theme.

at the end of the day its a very nice car though, to make it 'vip' means crossing a bit out of the 'conservative' side of the fence into not so practical so i wouldnt worry too much about chasing 'vip status' if you are happy with it now
Old 04-11-10, 07:44 AM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

It's a nice car. I think you made some good choices.Not VIP but more sport style. You def should shave the fenders smooth then paint them. Don't roll now to only shave later. You may want a different wheel down the road. Though I'm kind of a wheel _hore. It is well worth it and will not harm a thing if done correctly. You may not stop rubbing on front fender plastic but that is normal these days. Getting the correct stance is not cut and dry but you can't go low and not suffer in some way. Keep in mind that the factory alignment is conservative and can be given a slight but not aggressive correction that will also help save the fenders and tires from rubbing. I hope to see the car around this summer.

Remove POHANKA asap.

Last edited by BRADSGS4; 04-11-10 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-11-10, 11:14 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

First of all, if you're going to matte black your emblems, then do all of them cause you only have the "L" emblems done and now your other ones in the rear look off. You're off to a great start, I love the kit but you should look something like this if you're trying to be VIP IMO

Last edited by iSuxeL; 04-11-10 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-11-10, 11:38 AM
01a4man
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BRADSGS4
It's a nice car. I think you made some good choices.Not VIP but more sport style. You def should shave the fenders smooth then paint them. Don't roll now to only shave later. You may want a different wheel down the road. Though I'm kind of a wheel _hore. It is well worth it and will not harm a thing if done correctly. You may not stop rubbing on front fender plastic but that is normal these days. Getting the correct stance is not cut and dry but you can't go low and not suffer in some way. Keep in mind that the factory alignment is conservative and can be given a slight but not aggressive correction that will also help save the fenders and tires from rubbing. I hope to see the car around this summer.

Remove POHANKA asap.

LMAO,

I've only seen the car three or four times now, I hope to be back in D.C. this June or July. I will remember to remove the pohanka when I get back... lol I am thinking about looking for front fenders to clean up the front end a little bit. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-11-10, 11:42 AM
01a4man
Pole Position

Originally Posted by [ant]
imo it isnt VIP because the stance and wheels are so conservative. its nice, maybe EXE style, but no 'VIP' imo. you cant have proper fitment with stock guards basically.

also i would say generally the blacked out chrome thing is more what the sporty type VIP cars do, and then they run very aggressive sporty type wheels like something from the SSR Professor range in smaller diameters and larger widths, in order to continue that theme.

at the end of the day its a very nice car though, to make it 'vip' means crossing a bit out of the 'conservative' side of the fence into not so practical so i wouldnt worry too much about chasing 'vip status' if you are happy with it now
Thanks [ant],

Good point, I have been thinking about 19's because it probably wouldn't run so much and wuld allow me to drop the car a little more on the BC Coils. I wasn't liking all the chrome so I did the matte black finish. You got any suggestions on wheels besides the SSR'? I will have to look into it. Thanks for the advice.

Chris
Old 04-11-10, 12:03 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

your wheels dont seem agressive enough. and not low enough (VIP-wise)

your car looks good though. just not vip
Old 04-11-10, 12:11 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by muhbuhtuh
your wheels dont seem agressive enough. and not low enough (VIP-wise)

your car looks good though. just not vip
+1.......
Old 04-11-10, 01:54 PM
phillygs3

Not a fan of the wheels but everything else is nice , I would sell the wheels and go with something more agressive, And debadge the rear for a cleaner look

Quick Reply: My attempt at VIP