VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Vip Style ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-07, 11:53 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vip Style ?

Ok...I've been looking into the VIP scene for a while and I think I have a good handle on what a VIP car should look like, so why are there so many people calling there entree level sports sedans VIP cars?
Isn't a VIP car supposed to be a large Flagship type auto?
Can we come up with another title?
I'm sorta ok with "VIP inspired"...I thought that was a good discription.
But that even lends itself to the thought that this movment is smaller then the VIP movement...It may be, but I don't think that it's a small group.
Or it won't be for long...Anyone feeling me?
Let's start with some basic rules...
*If your wheels cost more then the car your not VIP...
*Rear Wings which fit small planes? Not VIP...
Ilove the VIP cars and the VIP inspired car...
I just think that the VIP inspired autos need their own Branding...
Thoughts...?
Old 12-17-07, 02:46 AM
habitat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has been documented, it is called VIP style.
Old 12-17-07, 09:50 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by habitat
This has been documented, it is called VIP style.
If VIPcar pertains to the different traditional platforms and VIP style is for non traditional platforms. Then what do you call a modded VIPcar? Both VIPcar and VIPstyle are associated to only a certain group of cars in Japan, but I guess this is not enough for the US market to make money on.

Big *****, don't even worry about whats it called or who is giving out definitions. If you like the style, then just go for it. It's only you that you need to impress.

Last edited by V8_Aristo; 12-17-07 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-17-07, 12:41 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Careful when you say " it's your car, if you like the style go for it" because that's how you get civics and 240's and cars that don't 'fit' the style, dressing up as vip cars....
Old 12-17-07, 01:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Caoboy
Careful when you say " it's your car, if you like the style go for it" because that's how you get civics and 240's and cars that don't 'fit' the style, dressing up as vip cars....
what difference would it make though when poy said it or not. there are always some "funny" characters in the group no matter what kind of modding it is, vip or not
Old 12-17-07, 03:47 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

VIP Style is an adaptation of VIP car styling to a non traditional VIP car platform.*Following pre-set guidelines of course
Old 12-17-07, 04:19 PM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

people will vip style anything but rest assured, true vip cars will remain a small group. the whole thing has been debated to no end, both on here and on other forums related to vip.
Old 12-17-07, 04:47 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by rominl
what difference would it make though when poy said it or not. there are always some "funny" characters in the group no matter what kind of modding it is, vip or not
You're right Henry, nothing and no one will stop someone else from calling their style what they want. This is the sad fact of life, even if a monority is right, the majority always wins.

Originally Posted by 19psi
people will vip style anything but rest assured, true vip cars will remain a small group. the whole thing has been debated to no end, both on here and on other forums related to vip.
Yup, that's why I said to do whatever they want to do, because the term VIP will never get back on track. For that small group that you are talking about, they don't need to say or validate themselves.
Old 12-17-07, 10:21 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=320803

read my post in this thead here, to help grasp a better understanding of WHY you shouldn't allow certain things to be said. It's all about the media nowadays, and with misinformation coming out a plenty, vip civic etc, (even bippu is a made up american term ragging on japanese tongue, when in fact they do not say bippu but more of 'wh'ip [that's a whole other story])

That being said, vip style is more of a 'style' of tuning a certain car. NOT supposed to be imitating 'vip', but it's like saying a 'drifting style' where you can't just take any car and drift it, as well as certain cars, although you can, you shouldn't. (like a 'civette' that i saw on youtube)

This is just what I have come to learn in my so few years of being around the vip 'culture' so to speak.

The fact that America has to label everything, comes about this difference in 'vip' and 'vip style' where, both cars can pull off the 'style' but only one can be true to the style. why? i dont know. ask the usa.

vip style, should still still only include the 'appropriate' platforms. go look at the k break events. you only see appropriate cars, you also see those crazy k-cars and vans. You don't see others. You don't see a civic vip, a 240sx vip, not even an is, or an es, or even an sc really. these are ACTUAL VIP events, not just random car meets. why don't you see those other 'styled' cars that we so talk about all the time being 'styled' and what not, because only in america do they exist.

It's like all the cars that came about after fast and furious. HOW many cars popped up with those crappy mufflers, bad wheels, horrible body kits, and underglow? why? because they were labled as 'sport compacts'.

sport compacts=vip styled (in a next trend kind of sense)

you say that anything can be vip styled, and you will get anything vip styled.

OR you can limit it, by rejecting those who come around saying they have a vip style this or that.

if you keep it 'vip styled' as in it's a style, not an imitation of the 'vipcar', then it's a whole different story. Do you understand what point I'm trying to get across here? (not an *** remark, but an actual question, to see if anybody actually understands what i'm trying to say in a round about way)
Old 12-17-07, 11:02 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

if you keep it 'vip styled' as in it's a style, not an imitation of the 'vipcar', then it's a whole different story. Do you understand what point I'm trying to get across here? (not an *** remark, but an actual question, to see if anybody actually understands what i'm trying to say in a round about way)

With all your expertise, I'm not sure if I've ever seen your VIP platform car......
Old 12-17-07, 11:06 PM
WidebodyQ
Lead Lap

I agree with you. It bothers me when I see "sport compacts" trying to pull off the style and calling their attempt "vip style."

Atleast have a medium/large luxury 4 door if you want to attempt the "style"

Seriously, if you were to see the cleanest looking civic ever next to an LS with no where near as much work done (rims and air), your eyes would be glued on the LS.

Another thing to keep in mind, if your going out to an expensive resturant that has high end cars in the parking lot and a vallet service, what do you think would look more appropriete-
A)a civic with curtains
or
B)a real VIP car?

If you can close the passenger side curtain from your drivers seat, then curtains have no place on your car.
Old 12-17-07, 11:23 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMark
With all your expertise, I'm not sure if I've ever seen your VIP platform car......
I don't think that really matters what kind of car he has or drives. He makes a pretty good point here.
Old 12-17-07, 11:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=320803

read my post in this thead here, to help grasp a better understanding of WHY you shouldn't allow certain things to be said. It's all about the media nowadays, and with misinformation coming out a plenty, vip civic etc, (even bippu is a made up american term ragging on japanese tongue, when in fact they do not say bippu but more of 'wh'ip [that's a whole other story])

That being said, vip style is more of a 'style' of tuning a certain car. NOT supposed to be imitating 'vip', but it's like saying a 'drifting style' where you can't just take any car and drift it, as well as certain cars, although you can, you shouldn't. (like a 'civette' that i saw on youtube)

This is just what I have come to learn in my so few years of being around the vip 'culture' so to speak.

The fact that America has to label everything, comes about this difference in 'vip' and 'vip style' where, both cars can pull off the 'style' but only one can be true to the style. why? i dont know. ask the usa.

vip style, should still still only include the 'appropriate' platforms. go look at the k break events. you only see appropriate cars, you also see those crazy k-cars and vans. You don't see others. You don't see a civic vip, a 240sx vip, not even an is, or an es, or even an sc really. these are ACTUAL VIP events, not just random car meets. why don't you see those other 'styled' cars that we so talk about all the time being 'styled' and what not, because only in america do they exist.

It's like all the cars that came about after fast and furious. HOW many cars popped up with those crappy mufflers, bad wheels, horrible body kits, and underglow? why? because they were labled as 'sport compacts'.

sport compacts=vip styled (in a next trend kind of sense)

you say that anything can be vip styled, and you will get anything vip styled.

OR you can limit it, by rejecting those who come around saying they have a vip style this or that.

to be very honest, i guess i get a bit of your point, but i don't really get what you are trying to cross here. instead of spending all the time to type everything up, i think we should all just go and do our things and do what we think is right about vip.

for all i care, i have yet to read an official definition of vip. owner of junction produce is one of the pioneers of vip cars, he talked about some of the key notes maybe, but i don't see a full definition. not to mention to the ever revolving vip culture in japan to begin with

so why try so hard to "define" it here. people in the field will have an idea what is vip and what is not. people not in the field would just like those who think loud exhaust on civics make it fast

brand and imitations might be big here in the US, but i think it's just about the same in japan. to me the truth always come out when you do the right things, not by just bunch of talking. bunch of people like poyet showing vip cars at shows, that's going to inspire more people doing the right thing than trying to argue with couple of editors or everyday joe about what the definition should be
Old 12-17-07, 11:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by MrMark
let's be constructive before i do anything further
Old 12-17-07, 11:55 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

I'm actually NOT trying to define this 'culture', rather by NOT defining it (as the media and a lot of people are trying to do) is what will help not to wash it out.

As for Mr. Mark, I drive a GS300, and even though I drive a 'vip platform' I do not consider it worthy of showing yet. I'm also not on this forum as much as I am on VSC.

I'm not trying to claim I'm an expert on it. It may sound rudimentary, but I consider the only 'real' expert on the vip culture is the founder of Junction Produce himself, as many believe his word is 'law', they even had an interview with him in the december vip car dvd, and called him the vip samurai (lol).

All I wish for in this 'culture' is that it really does stay true to its roots, and doesn't get washed out and become another 'trend'. There are a bit of reasons why I feel it will and won't.

Mainly, the cost of the cars, and modifications that almost rank as much as the car itself (and in some cases much more) will hopefully keep it a bit segregated or secluded.

The fact that people call their stuff 'vip styled' when it's a car that cost almost zero compared to the 'real' vip cars, and they throw on some kit, or just lower their car and throw on some wheels that don't fit well, aka, the 'rice' or trend followers that will show up more ever in the next coming years, will kill the style we see now.

The media can only cover so much, but I mean, there aren't competitions (besides showing off the car) that it can follow.

The 'civics' throwing on their exhaust and thinking they are fast, well...think about those same civics throwing on 18's, cutting their springs, and still with those same exhausts, thinking they are vip styled now. That's what can happen, if it's defined as 'any car can be vip styled'.

Quick Reply: Vip Style ?