VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Vip Style ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-07, 12:17 AM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yah i think VIP is cool, i myself like the styling...but i dont even know the roots and i dont care...it looks classy

i thought it was some far off thing like Japanese tuners liked the European styling and made their kits to mock the euro-style...

like how they say VIP was Yakuza or what not and the bosses would be driven around in Benzes which are expensive in Japan because they are imported, and the smaller boses would have a kinda euro-style cheaper domestic car, which is our LS, GS, and Q..and others...

im my opinion i think its not a trend...its what the rest of us are just growing into...dont you think??
Old 12-18-07, 04:39 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the rest of the world doesn't know what they are doing .. I am selling my wheels asap and getting what I want to be considered Vip IMO

it will be as flush as I need and I see many other leading by example ... and thats great to have me us to follow
Old 12-18-07, 07:03 AM
augdogg
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dng! There are some familiar faces up in here!
Old 12-18-07, 08:43 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Speaking with JOB Design owner at SEMA, the VIP meaning in Japan has also lost meaning. Truth of the matter is, styling of cars will continue to evolve and grow. You can either sit and live in your comfort-zone or create new trends and be a leader.

there's no right answer, just whichever fits you best.
Old 12-18-07, 08:56 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by solo
Speaking with JOB Design owner at SEMA, the VIP meaning in Japan has also lost meaning. Truth of the matter is, styling of cars will continue to evolve and grow. You can either sit and live in your comfort-zone or create new trends and be a leader.

there's no right answer, just whichever fits you best.
pretty much what i have been trying to say all along. there are legends but you can also drive it, rather than just sit here and talk. that won't change a thing.
Old 12-18-07, 09:45 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Yes the style will always change, this is the just the nature of customizing. In order to stay unique and be one of the best, you cannot think within the box. And this applies to everything, not only cars. But does this include platform changes as well? Can I paint a Civic couple black, put air suspension, bodykit and nice wheel fitment and call it VIP? Can I put curtains and neck pads in my all black leather interior Escalade and call it VIP?

My question is, up to what point will we say "this is not VIP any more".
Old 12-18-07, 10:15 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
Yes the style will always change, this is the just the nature of customizing. In order to stay unique and be one of the best, you cannot think within the box. And this applies to everything, not only cars. But does this include platform changes as well? Can I paint a Civic couple black, put air suspension, bodykit and nice wheel fitment and call it VIP? Can I put curtains and neck pads in my all black leather interior Escalade and call it VIP?

My question is, up to what point will we say "this is not VIP any more".
my statements are general to all builders. your comments are specific to the VIP group. I agree with you. paint a civic black, put air, bodykit, and good wheel fitment is fine.. but dun label it VIP.

the platform still determinds the VIP car.
Old 12-18-07, 10:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

same here, platforms determines vip cars for me here. it's the building ground to me. you get a ls460, it's a starting point. you get a is350, stop calling yourself vip.

but from that building ground, what to do next to make your car vip in others eyes, that's a different story, and i won't put a checklist to it. some items are probably "common" to all, like air suspension, but some other stuff i keep them open and i think that's something for people to explore, not define
Old 12-18-07, 10:58 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by solo
my statements are general to all builders. your comments are specific to the VIP group. I agree with you. paint a civic black, put air, bodykit, and good wheel fitment is fine.. but dun label it VIP.

the platform still determinds the VIP car.
It's not really specific to VIP cars only, this applies to a lot of different forms of tuning. Hot Rods and Muscle cars shares a lot of the same type of modifications, but it's the platform that determines which one is what.

And I also thought you were talking about VIP, since you started out you paragraph with a conversation you had with the owner of JOB design.

But the truth of the matter is, VIPcar, VIPstyle, bippu or whatever label you want to put on it, this will not stop the masses from thinking it's the same the thing. And I don't think these non platform "VIP style" owners won't stop and educate the difference to the people that don't know. So as you can see, it's a battle that can't be won.

Last edited by V8_Aristo; 12-18-07 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-18-07, 11:56 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
If VIPcar pertains to the different traditional platforms and VIP style is for non traditional platforms. Then what do you call a modded VIPcar? Both VIPcar and VIPstyle are associated to only a certain group of cars in Japan, but I guess this is not enough for the US market to make money on.

Big *****, don't even worry about whats it called or who is giving out definitions. If you like the style, then just go for it. It's only you that you need to impress.
I agree. I diffently like the style. I grew up on the 60's muscle cars and the custom hot rods. They were always about your own personality in the cars.
I wonder if there are true VIP guys in Japan that take offense to someone using the VIP title.
Old 12-18-07, 12:01 PM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
what difference would it make though when poy said it or not. there are always some "funny" characters in the group no matter what kind of modding it is, vip or not
Your right. It makes no difference.
Old 12-18-07, 12:16 PM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

I'm not saying people should, or should not, do what they want...my point is a group of individuals, at some point spent much time and money to create the VIP style cars, which are awsome vehicles. Then someone comes along and steels there thunder...I don't want exclude anyone from anything...If you want to paint your car the oddest color you can find to be different so be it and good for you to take chances and stand out, but let's respect those that laid the ground work.
I guess in the big picture it doesn't matter...the guys which started it know who they are and do their own thing no matter what.
Is there a clear cut line to when it evolved into what it is today?
The 60's saw pony cars turn into muscle cars...so when do VIP cars turn into VIP Styled cars?
Old 12-18-07, 01:01 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

It turns into it when people start driving around with curtains on a kia, 18" axis 'vip' (yes they have that model) wheels, stock height, and calling themselves vip.
Old 12-18-07, 01:42 PM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big *****
I'm not saying people should, or should not, do what they want...my point is a group of individuals, at some point spent much time and money to create the VIP style cars, which are awsome vehicles. Then someone comes along and steels there thunder...I don't want exclude anyone from anything...If you want to paint your car the oddest color you can find to be different so be it and good for you to take chances and stand out, but let's respect those that laid the ground work.
I guess in the big picture it doesn't matter...the guys which started it know who they are and do their own thing no matter what.
Is there a clear cut line to when it evolved into what it is today?
The 60's saw pony cars turn into muscle cars...so when do VIP cars turn into VIP Styled cars?
i think the whole vip idea is that it IS exclusive; meaning it's not for everyone, not should it be. it should be for those people with true vip platforms. sure, anyone can vip style their maxima, and yes it will look nice, but to anyone who knows, it's not vip.