UX Models (2019-present)

Lexus UX interior - What features do you want to see?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-18, 02:12 PM
CJ455

ClubLexus Town Crier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus UX interior - What features do you want to see?

Just wanted see what everyone's hopes are for the Lexus UX.. The black and red interior colored seats shown on the site look awesome.

What cool interior features would you want to see on the Lexus UX?
Old 08-06-18, 05:01 PM
CJ455

ClubLexus Town Crier

Curious as to what you all think the UX interior will have.. or should have. What do you guys think?

My wife is all about the heated steering wheel and massage seats.. Hoping Lexus makes those an option for the UX!
Old 08-07-18, 06:34 PM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Panoramic View Monitor. You can get this feature on the NX, but I've to see one. We're spoiled with this feature our 4th Gen RX.
Old 08-08-18, 10:03 AM
CJ455

ClubLexus Town Crier

Originally Posted by SoCalRX
Panoramic View Monitor. You can get this feature on the NX, but I've to see one. We're spoiled with this feature our 4th Gen RX.
I agree with you. I live in a very dense part of Southern California and parking is honestly one of the hardest things I do during the day.. Having this panoramic view monitor assisting with parking would be awesome. If the UX could include this as a feature / option, Lexus can take my money ASAP.
Old 08-11-18, 11:16 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Panoramic View Monitor cameras and button shown in the third video I've posted in this thread: A Couple of New Videos
Old 08-18-18, 10:42 AM
bbpowell3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would hope that you can get on the UX all the features you can get on a UL level ES. Interested in the vehicle but only if I can get all the Lexus convenience features that I have come to like.
Old 08-22-18, 07:58 PM
rVague
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

The interior is a little too similar to the Toyota CH-R on which it is based.
Old 08-30-18, 08:46 AM
ISTORO
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Looking forward to the release of the UX. My IS300 lease is up end of December so the timing looks right and December to Remember promotions will hopefully offset what I expect little to no discounts on such a new vehicle. Hoping for decent options/packages to be available, like I've gotten used to in previous Lexus models and to keep it competitive with the competition. Interior wise, would like to see: Heated/Ventilated/Power adjustable front seats with memory, heated/power adjustable steering wheel, power rear liftgate, power folding outside mirrors, 360 monitor and ML audio. Exterior wise, would like to see the triple beam headlights although the single unit looks decent. So far none of the pics or vids I've seen have NOT had a sunroof on the F-Sport trim, a Lexus without a sunroof???
Old 08-30-18, 09:34 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

From displayed models for Asia and Europe, they have pretty much all the tech features such as 360 degree view monitor, heads-up display, heat/ventilate seats, triple-beam LEDs, etc. When I drove 2016 NX in Asia, it is about fully equipped as LX as well. Problems are when NX is marketed in US, it is positioned as an entry level Lexus, many of those features were eliminated even like auto folding mirrors. Now for 2019 NX has the option to equipped with most of those features (minus HUD), the UX will be fill in the "entry level" slot, I am afraid that those features will again be eliminated for initial release. Just look the model that has been displayed in New York Auto Show, No triple bean LEDs, no 360 degree view cameras, no ventilated seats, no HUD, etc. I am hoping that I was wrong this time and all of those could be as options available for the initial release for US market.
The following users liked this post:
CJ455 (09-12-18)
Old 08-30-18, 10:25 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ISTORO
So far none of the pics or vids I've seen have NOT had a sunroof on the F-Sport trim, a Lexus without a sunroof???
Yes, there is a F Sport sunroof as seen in the third video in this thread: A Couple of New Videos
The following 2 users liked this post by SoCalRX:
CJ455 (09-12-18), ISTORO (08-30-18)
Old 09-12-18, 11:00 AM
CJ455

ClubLexus Town Crier

Hoping for the triple beam LEDs (highways in SoCal are poorly lit) and 360 degree cameras!
Old 09-13-18, 05:44 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Hope all the overseas market features are available in N.AM, namely:

- HUD
- 360 cam
- power folding mirrors
- all interior color choices
- AVS
- ML
- triple LED headlights
Old 09-13-18, 06:03 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Hope all the overseas market features are available in N.AM, namely:

- HUD
- 360 cam
- power folding mirrors
- all interior color choices
- AVS
- ML
- triple LED headlights
I will hope so. However, judging from how they introduced NX into NA markets, they basically stripped all the above options while all of them are available in other markets. Even as of 2019 models for NX, there is still no HUD for NA markets. Now, with UX being the entry level crossover, I am afraid none of above options will be available for the initial release..... I wish I could be wrong this time.
Old 09-13-18, 07:04 PM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

I hope to see a fully optioned UX like our fully optioned RX. Anything less and we'll likely be uninterested. I've always believed that vehicle manufacturers get it wrong. In this case, Lexus states they are appealing to the younger affluent buyer, but in reality there are mature buyers interested in purchasing smaller vehicles that are fully optioned for many reasons. In our case, it would be for a runabout vehicle and for those times when visiting establishments with super tight parking spaces. I'm not fond about valeting our vehicles as the first scratch or ding has typically resulted from valet parking. Let's see whether Lexus gets it right in the US...
The following users liked this post:
CJ455 (09-14-18)
Old 09-14-18, 12:39 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

My belief is that Lexus USA (and partially true for Canada as well) concludes that the buyer perceives the cost of vehicle is directly associated to its size. For instance, Lexus would not want to offer a fully loaded $48K UX 250h AWD when one can get a nearly similarly optioned NX or even an entry-level RX because they believe those sales will be low. I think there is some truth to this where people in N.AM first and foremost prefer larger vehicles and would rather buy a lesser optioned larger vehicle than a smaller loaded vehicle. Not my case - I want a loaded model regardless of class. However, limiting options most certainly makes the bean counters happy as it means cost savings in the supply chain.