UX Models (2019-present)

A Couple of New Videos

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-18, 09:45 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts
Arrow A Couple of New Videos

I like this video as some of the smaller details are revealed. Please note the person that made the video stated the following about the video's resolution: "From a sound stage in Plano, TX. I was able to grab a few minutes with the all new 2019 Lexus UX Urban Crossover. The signal in the building was not fabulous, so I'll get you better quality video as soon as we can, but I couldn't pass up the chance to let you check it out. More to come!"

The following video I like as it shows the UX outside in natural illumination that highlights the UX's curves and lines better than videos taken inside a building. Note: There is no translation for this video.

Yet another video that is not in English, but with some sparse English thrown in here and there within his sentences that added with what he's doing in the video give you clues as to what he might be saying—or not. The instrumentation is shown in detail (in English). The biggest reason I like this particular video is that it shows the UX 250h F Sport model available with AWD (the UX 200 is front wheel only) and there are juicy visual tidbits throughout giving us further insight into the UX. This video exhibits the sunroof, which is not panoramic. The red interior looks super nice. Also—and this might not be available on US models—you can see the panoramic cameras in the mirrors and also the panoramic camera button on the steering wheel left side dash buttons (where it's located on my 4th Gen RX). There are popup headlight washers on this one too. Additional observations, but far from everything shown in video: Bridgestone tires; beautiful side mirror integrated signal LED array (shown blinking in video); projector LED headlights; LED driving lights; heated and ventilated front seats; heated steering wheel; Armrest console lid flips opens both driver and passenger side; F Sport steering wheel paddle shifters; front seat lumbar support; electric tilt and telescope steering wheel, perforated front and rear seat insets; 12v battery located in cargo area.

From yet another video at the same car show, and other car shows, that I'm not posting here for redundancy reasons: HUD; Qi wireless charging; rear seat armrest with exposed cup holders, but no storage compartment; appears to be, but I'm uncertain, electric gas cap cover release button; Apple CarPlay, but no Android Auto; auto folding side mirrors; memory for three seat positions; semi-aniline leather; taillight assembly across the rear acts like a spoiler and provides aerodynamic downforce and houses 120 LED bulbs; GA-C (Global Architecture-Compact) platform with low center of gravity; 34' turning radius; Amazon Alexa car-to-home (turn on lights, etc.) and home-to-car (start UX, check gas level, etc.); all new engine, 2.0 liter inline four making 168 hp; kick-to-open rear hatch; length = 177", wheelbase = 103.9"; adaptive cruise control; adaptive high beams; lane trace assist; ASC (Active Sound Control) F Sport only; AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension) F Sport only.

Lexus marketing video.

2019 Lexus UX Review: These are the Top 10 Things You Need To Know! (Video by The Fast Lane Car)

Last edited by SoCalRX; 08-31-18 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Added video
The following 7 users liked this post by SoCalRX:
bbpowell3 (08-18-18), corradoMR2 (08-12-18), Daniel2311 (08-23-18), E46CT (08-24-18), hzhao (08-28-18), ISTORO (08-10-18), signdetres (08-18-18) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-12-18, 10:29 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Nice find! These videos show details I haven't seen before. The UX is growing on me.
The following users liked this post:
SoCalRX (08-12-18)
Old 08-18-18, 10:39 AM
bbpowell3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the videos. Many new features were revealed here. I hope Lexus keeps the features from the Chinese presentation, especially the heated and ventilated seats. I would hope you could option up the car to the equivalent features on a UL ES.
Old 08-26-18, 06:53 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Here is a new video just released....nice and long...
It would look so much better without that black cladding, why did they have to use that?
The interior is amazing, love it!!!

Last edited by Xanadu350; 08-26-18 at 06:59 PM.
SoCalRX (08-30-18)
Old 08-26-18, 07:24 PM
ISTORO
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

... and another new vid

SoCalRX (08-30-18)
Old 08-28-18, 03:47 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

From US Lexus website as well as in early New York Auto Show, none has showed triple-LED headlights as for the European and Chinese market, nor ventilated front seats..... I just hoping those options will be made available for the US market as well. I am in the market for another compact crossover, if those high tech options been eliminated for US spec UX, then I will have to look for others.
Old 08-30-18, 10:40 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by hzhao
From US Lexus website as well as in early New York Auto Show, none has showed triple-LED headlights as for the European and Chinese market, nor ventilated front seats..... I just hoping those options will be made available for the US market as well. I am in the market for another compact crossover, if those high tech options been eliminated for US spec UX, then I will have to look for others.
I would not be surprised if some of the most important options available elsewhere in the world are not available on the US model.