250h FWD is faster, cheaper (than AWD) and gets better mileage - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > UX Models (2019-present)
250h FWD is faster, cheaper (than AWD) and gets better mileage >

250h FWD is faster, cheaper (than AWD) and gets better mileage

Notices
UX Models (2019-present)

250h FWD is faster, cheaper (than AWD) and gets better mileage

Old 09-21-18, 07:42 AM
baykayaker
Driver School Candidate

Default 250h FWD is faster, cheaper (than AWD) and gets better mileage

https://www.auto-data.net/en/lexus-u...brid-cvt-34086

Am I going to be able to buy one in the US?

Every review I read talks about the 200H vs the 250H AWD (E Four CVT).
Old 09-21-18, 01:43 PM
hzhao
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by baykayaker View Post
https://www.auto-data.net/en/lexus-u...brid-cvt-34086

Am I going to be able to buy one in the US?

Every review I read talks about the 200H vs the 250H AWD (E Four CVT).
If I am not mistaking, US only has UX200 (FWD) and UX250h (eAWD). There is no UX200h.
Old 09-21-18, 03:29 PM
baykayaker
Driver School Candidate

Itís a 250h without the AWD option. See details including 0-100 and mileage with the 3 power train configurations in link, which is not the only place Iíve seen them discussed.

Have absolutely No need for AWD, and if I did, it would be for use at highway speeds, which the UX AWD doesnít do.

Wouldnít be surprised if I canít get it in the US. Story of my life. Been hoping to replace my BMW 1 series, and throw my kayak in the back. Need enough acceleration to get on the road when the summer crowd has come to the beach.
Old 09-22-18, 08:25 PM
shadow1118
Pole Position

Originally Posted by baykayaker View Post
Itís a 250h without the AWD option. See details including 0-100 and mileage with the 3 power train configurations in link, which is not the only place Iíve seen them discussed.

Have absolutely No need for AWD, and if I did, it would be for use at highway speeds, which the UX AWD doesnít do.

Wouldnít be surprised if I canít get it in the US. Story of my life. Been hoping to replace my BMW 1 series, and throw my kayak in the back. Need enough acceleration to get on the road when the summer crowd has come to the beach.
Not to be rude but your post makes no sense and no way am I flaming. The car will definitely have more than enough power for merging on to the highway. It does 0-60 in about 8 seconds, which is fast enough for that.
Old 09-23-18, 02:22 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

OP, 250h is AWD-only in N.AM, but it's an incredible value at only 2k more over a non-hybrid fwd-model. Downside is you lose 5 cu ft in the cargo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: