Booming/Vacuum sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-24, 05:46 AM
penzfan
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Booming/Vacuum sound

Anyone experience a “booming” sound in the cabin while driving with all windows closed. Similar to when your sunroof is open. Just asking. Thanks
Old 02-27-24, 08:30 AM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by penzfan
Anyone experience a “booming” sound in the cabin while driving with all windows closed. Similar to when your sunroof is open. Just asking. Thanks
you are going to need to describe "booming" a bit more. if you are referring to a fluttering noise or any wind noise, I cannot say I have had that experience. this car is exceptionally quiet...
Old 02-27-24, 09:39 AM
penzfan
10th Gear

Originally Posted by mhoran89
you are going to need to describe "booming" a bit more. if you are referring to a fluttering noise or any wind noise, I cannot say I have had that experience. this car is exceptionally quiet...
This explanation is from another forum:I am experiencing bad cabin boom/ pressure at speeds around 25-30mph only. Annoying as heck, like a super low bass sound or airplane pressure with my ears.
Old 02-27-24, 01:36 PM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

This explanation is from another forum:I am experiencing bad cabin boom/ pressure at speeds around 25-30mph only. Annoying as heck, like a super low bass sound or airplane pressure with my ears.
so if you are just playing an adult version of telephone it is going to be hard to help...

are you experiencing issues with your vehicle? help us help you...
Old 02-27-24, 03:01 PM
penzfan
10th Gear

Not “playing” anything. Just asked a simple question. Do you understand that?
Old 02-28-24, 06:07 AM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

Not “playing” anything. Just asked a simple question. Do you understand that?
I see you now asked a question in your original post without a question mark. as long as I have been here there really have been no complaints on weird noises from myself or other members. I also have not heard of such noises from any of the online video reviews I have watched on a number of youtube channels. hope this helps...
Old 02-29-24, 12:27 PM
jccisgs
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have a TX, so no personal experience. However, I do lurk on some Toyota Highlander and Grand Highlander forums. This cabin pressure issue seems to be a common complaint among Grand Highlander owners. I don't want to add links to other forums here, but you might want to do an Internet search yourself.
Old 03-01-24, 03:59 AM
penzfan
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jccisgs
I don't have a TX, so no personal experience. However, I do lurk on some Toyota Highlander and Grand Highlander forums. This cabin pressure issue seems to be a common complaint among Grand Highlander owners. .
The GH issue is why I asked about the “booming” issue in this forum. Trying to determine if it’s a shared issue before I consider purchasing the TX. Thanks for your reply…
Old 03-06-24, 07:56 AM
Rightofway
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I absolutely have this sound, and it's driving me crazy! Everyone who rides in my car mentions it. I have found a lot of complaints from Grand Highlander owners online, they call it "cabin boom" and "cabin pressure". It sounds as if there is a car with extremely loud subwoofers driving right next to me when I am at low speeds (17-35MPH). It goes away above 40MPH.
I took my Lexus TX to service once for this, they hear it, say there were other complaints, but Lexus has no way of fixing it. They tried for 2 weeks. They say it's a design feature. Haha, I told them it's not a feature, it's a flaw, if it hurts my ears.
I will take it in again, and will try to file a lemon claim, as it seems not all vehicles are affected. There was a poll online for GH owners, about 20-30% experience the cabin boom.

I am deeply frustrated as I love everything else about the car.
Old 03-06-24, 12:43 PM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Rightofway
I absolutely have this sound, and it's driving me crazy! Everyone who rides in my car mentions it. I have found a lot of complaints from Grand Highlander owners online, they call it "cabin boom" and "cabin pressure". It sounds as if there is a car with extremely loud subwoofers driving right next to me when I am at low speeds (17-35MPH). It goes away above 40MPH.
I took my Lexus TX to service once for this, they hear it, say there were other complaints, but Lexus has no way of fixing it. They tried for 2 weeks. They say it's a design feature. Haha, I told them it's not a feature, it's a flaw, if it hurts my ears.
I will take it in again, and will try to file a lemon claim, as it seems not all vehicles are affected. There was a poll online for GH owners, about 20-30% experience the cabin boom.

I am deeply frustrated as I love everything else about the car.
sorry to hear. I have over 4000 miles on the car at various speeds with many different passengers and have not experienced this at all....