Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Excessive Tire Wear

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-18, 11:44 AM
walk1355
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
We have them in stock for a great price!

-Josh
I'm having trouble finding them on your site. What is the price?
Old 07-27-18, 09:21 PM
joeyruks
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Amar84
Looking for some suggestions as to the cause of the excessive inner tire wear I am seeing on my last 2 sets of tires. First set lasted 4K miles, second set lasted maybe 8k miles at the most.

I have a 2014 GS350 AWD lowered with the J5 coilovers and the figs rear camber arm. Alignment was checked and adjusted to factory specs before the latest set of Michelin super sports went on. The shop mentioned the toe was way off causing the first set to wear prematurely. Now I'm starting to wonder if there's something not tightened down that is allowing the alignment to change over time?

Thanks for your help!
you need 3 things to ensure the car don’t have the inner tire wear out on our cars. (4gs)
-adjustable toe arms ( I run Godspeed )
- RR racing USRS polyurethane bushing
- SPC rear camber arms
I have the car slammed on BC coilovers and once you lower it you gotta ditch the soft Lexus bushing for the LCA and you need two arms. Also when you get an alignment once you have all these parts tel the guy no more than -1 camber and 0 toe. Then you’ll be good !
The following users liked this post:
dTxworld (12-11-18)
Old 07-28-18, 05:21 AM
Knucklebus
Instructor

Received 398 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by joeyruks

you need 3 things to ensure the car don’t have the inner tire wear out on our cars. (4gs)
- SPC rear camber arms
I have the car slammed on BC coilovers and once you lower it you gotta ditch the soft Lexus bushing for the LCA and you need two arms. Also when you get an alignment once you have all these parts tel the guy no more than -1 camber and 0 toe. Then you’ll be good !
I would argue that lowered or not, you need no more than -1° rear camber in the rear with very little if any toe. That goes for Lexus or Hyundai unless you are autocrossing.
Old 07-30-18, 09:50 PM
DiezDos
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

- SPC rear camber arms
Is your car AWD or RWD? I am looking for the Godspeed adjustable toe arms but all I can find is for RWD. I need AWD.
Old 07-31-18, 11:05 AM
joeyruks
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The toe arms are the same for both RWD and AWD even though when you order them it says RWD only. I have the ones that say RWD only. The rear suspension geometry on a lot of the parts is the same for the 4GS in boTh options.
Old 08-01-18, 04:11 AM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts

The toe arms are the same for both RWD and AWD even though when you order them it says RWD only. I have the ones that say RWD only. The rear suspension geometry on a lot of the parts is the same for the 4GS in boTh options.
That's because the rear is the same on both rear and all wheel drive. The real significant difference is in the front.