Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Swift lowering springs question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-19, 05:27 PM
Selahvie
Driver School Candidate

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Has anyone installed Swift springs on an AWD 4GS? The drop looks pretty close to what I’m looking for.
The following users liked this post:
jsteiny (06-10-19)
Old 02-14-19, 03:28 AM
robroyalty
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by disbeyinya
20x9, 20x10.5, Vossen VFS1, swift springs, I enjoy the ride, feels stock, and wheel gap is reduce
After seeing this pic I’m ordering swift springs tomorrow. I have tanabe and after they settled it looks low definitely not the look I wanted I want something a little lower then stock and I think swift might just be the right height. How are they holding up if you still have the car?
Old 02-14-19, 03:30 AM
robroyalty
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by disbeyinya
20x9, 20x10.5, Vossen VFS1, swift springs, I enjoy the ride, feels stock, and wheel gap is reduce
Originally Posted by Gsawd
I have also heard great things about swift springs. Subtle drop that will close the gap without going too low. Have mine on order and going to have them installed when they get in.
did you ever get yours installed? If so how did they turn out. I’m ordering some tomorrow I have tanabe and really don’t like the look after they settled in. Do you have pics?
Old 02-14-19, 09:12 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by robroyalty

After seeing this pic I’m ordering swift springs tomorrow. I have tanabe and after they settled it looks low definitely not the look I wanted I want something a little lower then stock and I think swift might just be the right height. How are they holding up if you still have the car?
Contact us for pricing! Just got a shipment of them in.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-14-19, 09:17 AM
toneekay
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Selahvie
Has anyone installed Swift springs on an AWD 4GS? The drop looks pretty close to what I’m looking for.
did you ever get yours installed? If so how did they turn out. I’m ordering some tomorrow I have tanabe and really don’t like the look after they settled in. Do you have pics?
I just got my set in and will post up whenever I get them installed. I'm in an AWD 4GS, and from what I understand, Swift only makes springs for the RWD, BUT some people have had luck throwing them onto the AWD models.

I'll post my feedback when I get a chance...
Old 02-17-19, 09:04 AM
Selahvie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by toneekay
I just got my set in and will post up whenever I get them installed. I'm in an AWD 4GS, and from what I understand, Swift only makes springs for the RWD, BUT some people have had luck throwing them onto the AWD models.

I'll post my feedback when I get a chance...
Great! That would be much appreciated. It seems like the other spring options (RSR, Tanabe) use the same parts for RWD and AWD, so it seems like the Swift should work. Thank you for being the guinea pig!
Old 02-18-19, 07:40 AM
toneekay
Driver

Great! That would be much appreciated. It seems like the other spring options (RSR, Tanabe) use the same parts for RWD and AWD, so it seems like the Swift should work. Thank you for being the guinea pig!
Ha! I only based my decision on like a handful of threads I came across about the Swift springs on the 4GS. When I inquired about it on the site that I purchased them from, one of the sales guys said that he can't recommend putting RWD springs onto AWD cars due to the weight difference between each model (I think the AWD is like 165-185lbs more? Something like that), and the springs are made to match the shocks/struts for either car. In logic, it makes sense, but I can't confirm if that's actually true since looking at other brands (RSR for example), their RWD and AWD springs are rated the same. So I'm taking my chance and saying that Swift may do the same (if they had an AWD version) and really the RWD/AWD spring rates would be the same.
Old 02-18-19, 07:54 AM
dphu626
Pole Position

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

Are you saying it's too low now? Or not low enough?
Old 02-18-19, 08:49 AM
Selahvie
Driver School Candidate

Ha! I only based my decision on like a handful of threads I came across about the Swift springs on the 4GS. When I inquired about it on the site that I purchased them from, one of the sales guys said that he can't recommend putting RWD springs onto AWD cars due to the weight difference between each model (I think the AWD is like 165-185lbs more? Something like that), and the springs are made to match the shocks/struts for either car. In logic, it makes sense, but I can't confirm if that's actually true since looking at other brands (RSR for example), their RWD and AWD springs are rated the same. So I'm taking my chance and saying that Swift may do the same (if they had an AWD version) and really the RWD/AWD spring rates would be the same.
I’ve had the exact same thoughts. I think it’s interesting that the Swift web site does not make a distinction between RWD and AWD for the 13+ GS like they do for some other cars. Not sure if that implicitly means they work for both or if it’s an oversight... I’ve tried to contact them to confirm or get more info, but they have not responded... I look forward to hearing about your experience!

Old 02-18-19, 10:08 AM
toneekay
Driver

We'll see how they turn out. I'll have to remember to take some before pics too just to see how much of a drop it gives. I'm more concerned about how it'll feel since I've started to dislike the big boat body roll when coming in and out of a turn.
Old 02-19-19, 05:12 PM
Selahvie
Driver School Candidate

We'll see how they turn out. I'll have to remember to take some before pics too just to see how much of a drop it gives. I'm more concerned about how it'll feel since I've started to dislike the big boat body roll when coming in and out of a turn.
I can’t wait to read your feedback!
Old 02-27-19, 06:44 PM
uibalnme
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

I’ve had the exact same thoughts. I think it’s interesting that the Swift web site does not make a distinction between RWD and AWD for the 13+ GS like they do for some other cars. Not sure if that implicitly means they work for both or if it’s an oversight... I’ve tried to contact them to confirm or get more info, but they have not responded... I look forward to hearing about your experience!

The chassis code GRL10 is the RWD variant. GRL15 is the AWD variant. That being said, it would seem that swift does not have springs for the AWD GS.
Old 03-13-19, 05:46 PM
Selahvie
Driver School Candidate

Have you had them installed yet?
Old 03-18-19, 06:37 PM
val91
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Got my swift springs on. Feels like stock on good and minor bumpy roads. You can tell the stiffness difference between stock and swift on harsher roads but nothing drastic.

Last edited by val91; 03-18-19 at 08:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
greys0uled (05-29-23)
Old 03-18-19, 06:52 PM
robroyalty
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by val91
[img]blob:https://www.clublexus.com/29785321-c06e-440a-b177-ea899afb92cd[img]blob:https://www.clublexus.com/abf772c6-0380-4efd-83f7-80cc924e40b6[img]blob:https://www.clublexus.com/6280ba64-feec-43ac-9bd7-c5ee0e7bbf08

Got my swift springs on. Feels like stock on good and minor bumpy roads. You can tell the stiffness difference between stock and swift on harsh roads but nothing drastic.
cant see the pics

Quick Reply: Swift lowering springs question