Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Shocks & Struts

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-15, 07:42 AM
Jodwin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocks & Struts

Hello - I have a 2008 Lexus GS350 and I purchased this with an extended warranty so all of the main parts of the car are under warranty but I have to maintain the car obviously. Sooooo my mechanic told me that my rear shocks are toast and that I need to look into replacing them ASAP (which i'd like to do ASAP) and also replace the pads.

I live in Florida and do not do anything crazy its my day to day car and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on a certain brand? My mechanic is really cool in the sense that he allows me to buy my own parts online and he will install them. So I need new pads and shocks - I would like to buy online to get the best possible deal but my local may not also carry the brands that you guys carry.

Thank you guys for your input you guy are always as helpful as anyone else and I appreciate that!
Old 03-20-15, 08:53 PM
monkeyRX
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jodwin
Hello - I have a 2008 Lexus GS350 and I purchased this with an extended warranty so all of the main parts of the car are under warranty but I have to maintain the car obviously. Sooooo my mechanic told me that my rear shocks are toast and that I need to look into replacing them ASAP (which i'd like to do ASAP) and also replace the pads.

I live in Florida and do not do anything crazy its my day to day car and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on a certain brand? My mechanic is really cool in the sense that he allows me to buy my own parts online and he will install them. So I need new pads and shocks - I would like to buy online to get the best possible deal but my local may not also carry the brands that you guys carry.

Thank you guys for your input you guy are always as helpful as anyone else and I appreciate that!
You can replace them with OEM KYB shocks, which would be the most economical option. But they are recommended to be replaced in pairs. For brake pads, you have a lot of options - I use OEM toyota pads on my stock brakes.
Old 03-23-15, 09:40 AM
ATLgs450h
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just replaced all 4 of mine with KYB.

Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=...temCondition=3

I ordered my entire set from Amazon for under $350:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_...exus+gs350+kyb
Old 04-07-15, 05:47 PM
CarKrayz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I notice my driver rear is about an inch lower then the passenger rear. seems like my struts might be done too.

I was just searching info for them and cant seem to determine if the AWD struts and RWD struts are the same. Does anyone know if I can use RWD struts on my AWD?