Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

need comfortable coil over's for a 2006 gs430

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-13, 05:38 PM
hakisaki
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need comfortable coil over's for a 2006 gs430

who make's the best riding coil over's for my 2006 gs430!
Old 07-18-13, 08:32 PM
MizikeTSK
Driver

I'm sure your going to get several different options. You forgot to mention if your on a budget or money is no object. I decided to go with the BC Racing coil overs, I was on a budget plus they got good reviews on the forum. I went with the standard spring rates but you can get custom spring rates (free i believe) or even opt for Swift Racing spring for an additional fee. There also something like 32 way adjustable (don't quote me on that).
Old 07-18-13, 08:44 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Mizike, you're right on the money with everything you've said so far. BCR's are great coilovers, I just wish Hakisaki went down a few threads in the suspension forums, alongside in the 3GS center..... It's starting to irk me that the same threads with different users keeps getting thrown up.
Old 07-18-13, 10:25 PM
hakisaki
Pit Crew

Default ride

Originally Posted by MizikeTSK
I'm sure your going to get several different options. You forgot to mention if your on a budget or money is no object. I decided to go with the BC Racing coil overs, I was on a budget plus they got good reviews on the forum. I went with the standard spring rates but you can get custom spring rates (free i believe) or even opt for Swift Racing spring for an additional fee. There also something like 32 way adjustable (don't quote me on that).
thanks for the response and money is no matter i just want the best ride possible.
Old 07-18-13, 10:26 PM
hakisaki
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Mizike, you're right on the money with everything you've said so far. BCR's are great coilovers, I just wish Hakisaki went down a few threads in the suspension forums, alongside in the 3GS center..... It's starting to irk me that the same threads with different users keeps getting thrown up.
sorry it irk's you but when you get ignored on several post you usually decide to start your own and try your luck.
Old 07-18-13, 11:15 PM
yuup
Driver School Candidate

Dont get meagan feel like I was driving a honda... had to upgrade to airrex
Old 07-19-13, 03:56 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

when it comes to suspension, best isnt really the word to use because its very subjective on what everyone feels is the best ride.

i had bcrs on my car and loved them. with the adjustable dampening the car road great. its not as smooth as oem suspension and no coilover will ever be imo but overall i cant complain about the bcrs
Old 07-19-13, 06:32 AM
huyqly
Driver

I originally wanted to go with Tien coils but I've read ok this forum people preferred bcrs, and they are alot cheaper. So far I am happy with them.
Old 07-19-13, 08:35 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
when it comes to suspension, best isnt really the word to use because its very subjective on what everyone feels is the best ride.

i had bcrs on my car and loved them. with the adjustable dampening the car road great. its not as smooth as oem suspension and no coilover will ever be imo but overall i cant complain about the bcrs
than y did you change?

I love the OEM coil but at times I wish there is a "soft" switch when driving on DC road. Horrible roads in DC. Lots of pot holes. And than there is my local road, it's very old and they only fill up the potholes. In about 1 week the fill is gone and the pothole is back.

Had one of my tire blew once due to a pothole. They were fixing the road but they left a huge pothole un-fill. It was dark and I didn't see the hole. A loud BOOM when the wheel hit it, I could hear air was leaking right away. Luckily the rim was ok. Sux changing the spare at night. But oh well.
Old 07-19-13, 07:50 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by hakisaki
sorry it irk's you but when you get ignored on several post you usually decide to start your own and try your luck.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8043052-post49.html

I did respond to your question, even though no one else answered I try my best to keep everyone in mind, even if I was not asked that same question.

Originally Posted by yuup
Dont get meagan feel like I was driving a honda... had to upgrade to airrex
Really now.... I've heard mixed reviews, but even more so, I've rode on a LS430 w/ Megans and they feel okay to me.

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI

Agreed, I think the extra bounce my air bags give when I hit potholes and smaller bumps make me feel like the car dampens nicely though. I literally don't feel a thing when I drive over moderate sized potholes and cracks and uneven pavement (I live in FL, where it sucks.... I can upload videos of how bad the roads are here..... There are strips on the HIGHWAY where there it looks like http://www.dispatch.com/content/grap...ch1122-jpg.jpg ).

I further confirmed it wasn't just me, by having a passenger in the car feel how a CT200h (which had quite a bit smoother and quieter suspension compared to the O.E. GS struts) went versus the GS's BCR+bags.... I wish you guys were local so I could give u a ride, like NIGHT and DAY in comfort!

I just wish I had some experience with the coilovers before the bags replaced the springs on the BCR to get a feel on everyone's opinions.

Originally Posted by huyqly
I originally wanted to go with Tien coils but I've read ok this forum people preferred bcrs, and they are alot cheaper. So far I am happy with them.
I like Teins too, or I use to. I've done a bit of extensive research of them failing on people who slam their cars to the floor though.... So no dice on that.

Originally Posted by worker
than y did you change?

I love the OEM coil but at times I wish there is a "soft" switch when driving on DC road. Horrible roads in DC. Lots of pot holes. And than there is my local road, it's very old and they only fill up the potholes. In about 1 week the fill is gone and the pothole is back.

Had one of my tire blew once due to a pothole. They were fixing the road but they left a huge pothole un-fill. It was dark and I didn't see the hole. A loud BOOM when the wheel hit it, I could hear air was leaking right away. Luckily the rim was ok. Sux changing the spare at night. But oh well.
Wow, you're lucky! I also agree, the O.E. suspension is sufficient, but I wouldn't want a run-in with potholes on the OEM struts. They get loud hitting potholes, and it's an annoyance with'em....

Usually people break wheels hitting potholes like that! Someone I knew here with an Lancer Evo in FL took the whole ordeal to court vs the city or something and got his wheel replacement reimbursed. This wasn't because he wanted the money, but more of a principal because they did exactly like what you explained, shotty pothole fillings, and he busted his wheel and suspension up pretty bad.
Old 07-19-13, 10:51 PM
hakisaki
Pit Crew

can you post a link to the ones your recommending so i can order them... and thanks for the respond
Old 07-19-13, 11:01 PM
hakisaki
Pit Crew

i want to get the bc racing er sseries they are the best riding coil's they carry.

http://www.bcracing-na.com/products/er-type

and what do you think??
Old 07-19-13, 11:21 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Why not contact each coilover maker and ask them what their spring rate is on their coils. A lower rate means a weaker softer spring.

But no matter what you put in, the lower you go the less wheel travel you"ll get. Less wheel travel gives you that harsher ride.
Old 07-19-13, 11:32 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Originally Posted by hakisaki
i want to get the bc racing er sseries they are the best riding coil's they carry.

http://www.bcracing-na.com/products/er-type

and what do you think??
I believe our cars only have the BR-Series.

I myself, and probably everyone else here are using the BR series....

You can contact our vendor here for more info if you'd like.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...circuitms.html

P.S. I think the ER series is a bit overkill, it's for people who auto-x and really put their suspension under stress, that's why there is the canister on the side, it's extra oil so that the struts don't overheat.
Old 07-22-13, 03:04 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by worker
than y did you change?

i didnt switch, i ended up selling the car with the bcrs on it.

i hear you on the soft switch. i wish my car came with the AVS so i could adjust the dampening. DC does suck, i go every once and a while for work.

Quick Reply: need comfortable coil over's for a 2006 gs430