Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Rs-r super down spring impressions and reviews please

Old 07-09-13, 02:53 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rs-r super down spring impressions and reviews please

For those who have installed the rs-r super down springs, please post any and everything you would like to share about them and what you think people should know before purchasing.

Things like: have you experiencing any noises?
Are you happy or unhappy with the drop?
Does the rear sit lower than you would like or the front higher than you would like?
Are you experiencing any rubbing? If so, what size wheels and tires are you running and offsets?
Ride feel. So on and so fourth.

Thank you!
I really hope people post here

Last edited by bentleymp2; 07-09-13 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-09-13, 03:11 PM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look under the Suspension section of the forum, you will find info there
Old 07-10-13, 03:14 AM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bentleymp2
For those who have installed the rs-r super down springs, please post any and everything you would like to share about them and what you think people should know before purchasing.

Does the rear sit lower than you would like or the front higher than you would like?
Are you experiencing any rubbing? If so, what size wheels and tires are you running and offsets?

Thank you!
I will do you the honor of answering the question conveniently in this post.
No noises, other than the increased road noise from increased tire contact (20's), maybe camber issues add to this road noise also, but none from the springs.
Very happy with the drop, it is a really good look for just springs, and I have zero complaints about the front/rear height. In the front a sudden impact or dip (like pulling into a shopping center too quickly) will cause what I would call "clubbing," tire to wheel well. I dont like it but it doesnt happen often and most times I can prevent it. Speed bumps have not been an issue at all. Tires 245/35/20, +38 (9") and 275/30/20, +45 (10.5"). I dont mind the ride, its actually still quite smooth since I had it aligned. I prefer the feel of the road and the stiffness of the sport + settings. My wife drove the car Sunday for the first time since lowered, she said it was nice but felt a bit more rough. The price was pretty good, about $600 for springs and install. This weekend will be the first highway road trip with wife and kid. I dont like the fact that my car has been aligned and still has a SLIGHT right tendency (at highway speeds most noticeably) when I hold the wheel steady. But most roads influence that by design and I have lifetime alignment. Honestly, the only "problem" is the camber issue post drop, and even that is just part of the game, and people are already working on a solution. So put your stunna shades on and make the move

Last edited by GSthe4th; 07-10-13 at 03:19 AM.
Old 07-10-13, 05:38 AM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Thank you sir! That is all very helpful information!

Much appreciated.

Are you in the Bay Area?

Last edited by bentleymp2; 07-10-13 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-10-13, 11:20 AM
Khalendar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bentleymp2

Thank you!
I no longer have the rsr super down springs installed as I have changed them out for the swift sport springs, but I'll share my experience with them over the past 4-5 months that I had them installed....

I thought the drop in terms of the look was perfect but for me it was too low in height clearance as it would scrape exiting driveways etc. No noise issues and no rubbing with 19" forged f sport wheels or the stock f sport wheels.

Ride feel, when in normal mode it was mostly compliant - my complaint though is that it does feel slightly unbalanced at low speeds with the car swaying back and forth from small bumps and imperfections in the road. When at high speeds going over a wavy road or bumps it felt too bouncy to me but other than that the ride quality was in between normal and sport+ with stock springs over relatively smooth roads. It was to the point that I always drove in sport+ unless my 10 month old was in the car because in sport+ I felt it handled those bumps smoother without it feeling too bouncy, but in sport+ it was quite a bit stiffer. In terms of cornering, the body roll is reduced significantly but I also do feel that the ride was not as smooth in the cornering especially if there are slight bumps - it's hard to describe but it felt like when you straighten out the car it was not smooth, sometimes a little jerky in the body sway

They are good springs but it depends on what you are looking for. For me, I decided to change them out because I thought fixing the negatives I had about the spring (annoyances with having to be extra careful over dips/bumps and still scraping in some situations, too stiff/bumpy of a ride for my personal taste, alignment, etc) outweighed the look.
Old 07-10-13, 01:23 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

^^^ also very helpful and I greatly appreciate you sharing your experience here.

Thank you!
Old 07-10-13, 07:52 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am glad someone else gave their opinion also, good to hear! I will say, as a side note, that Khalender is on 19" wheels, so a slightly lower to ground versus 20's. Also, Khalender, if my memory serves me, has an added lip. That is why his clearance issues were more pronounced on the RSR SDS.

Last edited by GSthe4th; 07-10-13 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-10-13, 10:34 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSthe4th
I am glad someone else gave their opinion also, good to hear! I will say, as a side note, that Khalender is on 19" wheels, so a slightly lower to ground versus 20's. Also, Khalender, if my memory serves me, has an added lip. That is why his clearance issues were more pronounced on the RSR SDS.
Definitely points worth noting.
Old 07-10-13, 10:56 PM
Khalendar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSthe4th
yes that is correct, only the front lip and rubber bump stops have had clearance issues