Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Coilovers for AWD GS350?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-09, 08:10 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

i think the main problem is the pre-set height that BCR has them at. Im no expert on AWD cars but im pretty sure most people are getting vibrations because their cars are not set level. If BCR sets all the heights for all their kits the same then i would start there. My front was 1 1/2" lower than the rear and i didnt adjust anything height wise when i got my coils. After adjusting the height and making the car more level, 95% of my vibrations went away. My rear is still a tad bit higher than my front which what i believe is causing my 0-10mph vibration. also my car isnt aligned yet either.
Old 07-13-09, 09:54 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

187 - have you checked you wheel's balance yet? i just picked up mine, and while the ride is great, i have slight vibration at higher speeds when i let off of the gas. i am hoping that the shop where i got the wheels just didn't balance quite as good as they could have. either that, or it's out of alignment. hoping it is something easily fixed, as the coils are going on soon. have you posted pics yet?
Old 07-13-09, 10:30 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

theres a picture on page 2. i know its not the wheels out of balance because the stock wheels are still on.
Old 07-13-09, 10:49 AM
ryan78
Instructor

hmmm, the only pic i see is on your sig. must not be coming through on my end. no worries; hopefully an alignment helps.
Old 07-15-09, 12:35 AM
beaconhill
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got em today, kinda sucks there is no camber adjustment.
Old 07-15-09, 11:28 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, with A-Arm cars, like your Lexus, the camber adjustment can only be done on the control arms, not at the top plate like on other vehicles with MacPherson strut setups.
Old 07-16-09, 04:31 AM
ryan78
Instructor

187 - how have things settled in for you - has what little vibration you have had since raising the car up gone away with the break in? it most likely will be a month untill i can get mine put on, and i am a bit curious what to expect as i have never had any type of suspension work done to this point. hope you are enjoying the mod; look forward to hear what you think.
Old 07-16-09, 05:06 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

i still have the little 0-10mph vibration but thats the only vibration i have now. i havent really touched the car since i raised it the first time. the rear is still a tad high than the front. ive been working on getting other things done to the car in the mean time. once i put the wheels on, ill tweek the suspension again.

i have to say im very happy with the suspension though.
Old 07-16-09, 05:33 AM
ryan78
Instructor

awesome - good to hear. glad things worked out and you are happy with the end result. really looking forward to getting mine installed; just waiting on my mechanic to have a free moment. kinda sucks staring at the box every evening when i get home...
lol. thanks for the update.
Old 07-16-09, 08:16 AM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ryan78
awesome - good to hear. glad things worked out and you are happy with the end result. really looking forward to getting mine installed; just waiting on my mechanic to have a free moment. kinda sucks staring at the box every evening when i get home...
lol. thanks for the update.
go to a friends that has a jack, jackstands, and airtools and get those suckers on! i almost have enough saved up to order mine.
Old 07-16-09, 08:30 AM
ryan78
Instructor

lol. thinking about it, trust me. my mechanic is a toyota certified master mech, so i trust him to be able to troubleshoot anything that may come up. from what i understand from everyone i have heard put these in, the install goes quite well given that the coils were designed on a 3gs. he's only charging me 125 for everything, so i can wait. last thing i want to do i f something up by being impatient. it does suck though . i will post pics soon of the wheels on stock springs - hopefully i can get the coils done by the end of the month. let me know when you get yours in! wish i had enough $$ left to get the f-sport sways...
Old 07-16-09, 09:22 AM
Iocca
Lead Lap

lol. thinking about it, trust me. my mechanic is a toyota certified master mech, so i trust him to be able to troubleshoot anything that may come up. from what i understand from everyone i have heard put these in, the install goes quite well given that the coils were designed on a 3gs. he's only charging me 125 for everything, so i can wait. last thing i want to do i f something up by being impatient. it does suck though . i will post pics soon of the wheels on stock springs - hopefully i can get the coils done by the end of the month. let me know when you get yours in! wish i had enough $$ left to get the f-sport sways...
me too, but i cant seem to find a clear answer on if the front sway fits or not, if it does, im considering buying those first as they are on sale till the end of this month.
Old 07-16-09, 10:06 AM
ryan78
Instructor

i think i read somewhere that only one or the other fits, though i can't recall which. may have to look into the toms racing. we shall see. if the drop improves the body roll significantly, i will most likely hold off. still wanting to do a full speaker swap, so the $$ would be better utilized there. let me know if you find anything.
Old 07-16-09, 11:10 AM
stvincent
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

he's only charging me 125 for everything, so i can wait.
that's a very good price for installation. i wish i had some hook ups like you do. my local mechanic quoted 300 on the 'side' job. i ended up doing it myself, but man, it was pretty time consuming. taking out all the liners was one thing, but took a while to adjust the ride height the way i like it.

right after installation, i was freaking out since the vibration seemed got worse than before. however, after i drove around for a bit, it eased up. my rear tire has no finger gap, but no rubbing. front is about 1/2 finger gap, i can't lower it any more since it's rubbing over every bumps on the road.. i still have the vibration, but i haven't had a chance to get more feedback since i've been driving my other car.
Old 07-16-09, 11:45 AM
ryan78
Instructor

yeah, i can't complain about the price. i do get a better rate b/c my guy is my best friends sisters husband......lol. i also let him ride my bike when i'm not out on it, so he takes care of me. i hope you find that the vibration goes away with a little tweaking. i will be very dissapointed if i find i have vibrations myself. the whole reason i went with these coils is b/c they were supposed to correct the vibration issue that seem to come up with those who used RWD lowering springs - that and i like the hight and ride adjustability. as BC developed these on a loaner vehicle, i would think that we would have less issues given they could troubleshoot firsthand. the shop i use has a large group of tuners, so i think i will have a great support cast to ensure things are set up correctly which i hope will keep any issues to a minimum. if you notice above, 187 had issues with the vibration due to how low he had things set. you may find that you have the same problem. hopefully it is something similar that is easily fixed. good luck; hope i can learn from you guys' experiences and have things go fairly smooth. i have heard nothing bad about BC, so i am under the impression that whatever may go wrong will most likely be due to my ignorance/ usere error. lol. i'll keep you posted.

Quick Reply: Coilovers for AWD GS350?