Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Tein CST install, pics, and review

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-08, 04:20 AM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good man
Old 08-06-08, 04:27 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

clean.........
Old 08-06-08, 07:24 AM
j0emamma
Driver

looks good
Old 08-06-08, 07:36 AM
G2GS
Pole Position

Sweeeeeeet!
Old 08-06-08, 08:25 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Man....I want some coilovers too!
Looks great!
Old 08-06-08, 08:27 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

The drop looks nice, much better stance now
Old 08-06-08, 01:15 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

+1 good post and pics! let us know your driving experience with the edfc installed.
Old 08-06-08, 02:19 PM
KIEUGS3
Driver

Clean drop
Old 08-06-08, 09:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Tein CST is BIG TIME!!!!!!!

Thanks for all of the kind words guys. The ride quality is very nice. It passed the wife test with flying colors. The ride is smooth and bounce free . I think it rides extremely well, especially considering how low she is. I cant believe that after reducing the stroke on the suspension a sigificant amount and the suspension still rides really well. The tein cst is not a performance coilover. Its a comfortable and extremely streetable set up. Like the name implies it is a comfort sport coilover, with the comfort first(even in the name). Even with it at 16 out of 16 it feels a little stiffer but alot more jittery. I dont htink many of us (at all ) will be hitting the local tracks in our 50k, 3750 lb cars, so the ride quality and the performance spectrum will probably suit 99.5 % of the members. All in all I wanted a set up that would give me max ride quality at a lower ride height, with the ability to adjust left and right ride height so battle the dreaded left sided sag that is very very common, and even be able to raise the car up a 1/2 an inch if she starts burning through tires.

I told the guy at the shop that I wanted a finger gap. He set it so I can barely get my finger in the wheel well at an angle. I actually meant to be able to put my finger between the fender and the tire straight over the top of the tire. When I saw it at the shop sitting there with that slightly more aggressive drop I fell in love. I dont think its gonna last though if she starts eating up tires in less than 15k. (thats the minimum I expect). The alignment they did at the shop looks like they got alot of the camber out so I am hoping it will last. If not I will just use the flexibility of the system to get me the ride height that will not burn up tires at the rate my g35 did

I have to say the set up IMO is worth the money. I do think that the tanabe set up wouldn be a bad set up though, and the TEAS is pretty smooth with the crazy active mode it has.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 08-06-08 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-10-08, 10:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Default Thumbs up , horn honking, and peace signs for the slammed GS350

I have been doing a lot of highway driving over the past 2 days and have noticed that the car is absolutely being noticed more now that she is lowered more. I have been honked at, gotten the peace sign, and I get compliments ,it seems like, whenever I get out of the car. I am loving the new look for the car and the attention as well. I still cant believe how well the car rides and how low it is ( especially now that she has started settling) . I am definetly entering the car in HIN phoenix this year . Have you guys noticed any extra love or attention since you modded your GS?? I dont know wether people here like the car because its unique or beacuse of the stance. well a lexus with this kind of a stance is unique I guess. lol. I took the car by the dealership to pick up a floor mat clip, and the guy in the service drive was loving the car. He said " Not many people have the ***** to drop a lexus like that". I agree we are a special breed. lol.

I will post some more pics soon now that the suspension has settled a little. The car almost looks tucked front and rear . I will also post my edfc console mount pics as I promised earlier
Attached Thumbnails Tein CST install, pics, and review-img_0003.jpg  
Old 08-10-08, 10:27 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Well I never got horns honking at me but I do get a thumbs up every now and then, I sometimes get asked questions at lights about my intake and suspension! I really can't wait for my rims now!

The GS is a very striking car when dropped and with some rims!
Old 08-11-08, 12:42 AM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its low but not 'slammed'
Old 08-11-08, 01:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

agree, the car is far from slammed.

living in socal? my car is different, i get eyes very few times, but nothing dramatic. nothing like my sc430 and ls460l
Old 08-11-08, 01:58 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

The car settled a decent amount already from what you see in the pics. The pics you saw were taken 20 minutes after leaving the shop. Its slammed when the tires are tucked ( you can look it up in the tuner hand book). We are adults driving high end $50,000 cars, not kids driving civics.

Damn man I just used the word slammed in the title because it sounds better than dropped. It is slammed and (OH MY GOD!!!! yes he said it)...Its even VIP not VIP style. Its VIP. ( oh my god the vip gods are going to strike me with vip lightning.( lmao) No approval or validation required.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 08-11-08 at 02:16 AM.
Old 08-11-08, 09:03 AM
G2GS
Pole Position

When is HIN down there?
Maybe if I have my bodykit on by then I will drive down and join you at the show.

Quick Reply: Tein CST install, pics, and review